Hi, I'm Jess.  This winter almost killed me.  Not literally, but after work and class I would just stay in the house and binge-watch Supernatural while eating fast food.  Why would I go out in -10 degree weather?  I used to get to the gym a couple days a week, and do some really non-commital exercising that I never logged.  As a result I usually maintained my weight, but gained no strength and saw no real changes to body shape or anything.

Well, the other day I went to the doctor and discovered I gained ten pounds this semester.  Ten lbs since January.  I'm tired all of the time, I'm weak, I'm depressed.  I take, like, two naps a day.  Haha.

Um, so, I'm a bit late to start the current 6-week challenge, but I'm going to try to make some positive changes in my routine (better eating, more activity) and join in the next one!  (Also, I'm going to start going to a hoop dancing class.  Has anyone here ever done that?)

I hope I can find friends here in the fourms, and find ways of keeping myself accountable! 

Things I like: Cats, RPGs, Guild Wars 2, Books, BSG, Board Games.

Things I do: Hike, bike, run (kind of), yoga, dance

• Like 1

well you already spouted off a few of my interests Books, board games and Guild wars 2.

I am just starting out around here as well and trying to find where i fit in.  If you are looking for some one to help keep each other motivated let me know.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

“Do it for yourself. The universe will be around to collect its cut later.†
- Lois Mcmaster Bujold

Hoop dancing sounds like fun! 

I am a newbie and haven't figured out the best way to log activiities yet.  Do you have a plan?

I have a Bengal named Disco.  He is a retired breeder and show cat, so he has some kitty headshots.  This is my first time trying to post a picture...let me know if it doesn't work.

72267_10201626028362741_1531411001_n.jpg

946281_10201626029122760_2050809189_n.jp

• Like 1

well you already spouted off a few of my interests Books, board games and Guild wars 2.

I am just starting out around here as well and trying to find where i fit in.  If you are looking for some one to help keep each other motivated let me know.

Good Luck!

Nice to meet you! What kind of board games do you play?

Hoop dancing sounds like fun! 

I am a newbie and haven't figured out the best way to log activiities yet.  Do you have a plan?

I have a Bengal named Disco.  He is a retired breeder and show cat, so he has some kitty headshots.  This is my first time trying to post a picture...let me know if it doesn't work.

Oh my gosh, Disco is adorable!  I love his little face!  

I think I'm going to do my personal tracking on a spreadsheet, and then start a 'battle log' like I've seen when the new six weeks start.  I think if you browse some other logs, you might be able to get an idea for something that works best for you.