Hello, lovely people! 

I feel honored that you have taken the time to read my daily battle log. Well, at least, the very first post on it! I have been on Nerd Fitness for over a year now, and have been on NF chat for..... probably a year and a half. The past year, I've been doing challenges, and have not been very successful overall. I have, however, learned a great deal about myself during that time. Some of those lessons are:

1. I am terrible at setting realistic goals for myself.

2. I am easily frustrated and disappointed in myself.

3. Those negative feelings about the poor start of a challenge or a rough patch in the middle of a change sabotages the rest of the challenge.

4. I am extreme in my passion, enthusiasm and optimism, but am not as skilled in perseverance and problem solving, nor focus and consistency.

5. I have some serious issues I need to straighten out, namely my eating disorder.

The solution? Trying my best every single day, day in and day out, to accomplish as much good and to take care of myself as well as possible EVERY day. I have been trying to think more in terms of every single day, rather than a week or 2 weeks or 6 weeks, and it seems to be helping a bit.

My overall objectives are to:

1. Lose weight and gain muscle, strength, tone

2. Become strong and healthy in the physical, emotional and mental sense

3. Pursue my dreams and career aspirations

4. Strengthen my spiritual life and finances

Some of the ways I will achieve that is to:

1. Eat paleo (mostly Whole30-approved foods)

2. Eat as close to my BMR as possible and not deprive myself

3. Work out 5x a week (hopefully running 3x a week)

4. Hopefully start lifting soon

5. Drink 100 oz water per day and take my vitamins

6. Find ways to manage my stress, prioritize and become efficient and effective

7. Focus and meet school and career goals

8. Take time to pray 

9. Reduce spending and become more organized with my record-keeping

I'm hoping to treat this as more of my online confessional than anything else. My posts may have just about anything going on in my life in them, so I hope you don't mind. It's going to be a whole lot of Snow being honest about where I'm at in life :)

Right now, I am exhausted and pulling the billionth all-nighter this semester. I'm just ready for it to all be over. I am putting off working on a paper that is already late, and I have the longest to-do list in the world. I want to crawl under a rock and ignore everything, and sleep for about a week, but that's not possible. 

In order to get a little accountability, here is my schedule for today. I will be reporting to let you know how much I got done:

5am:

1. Do laundry

2. Pick up the house

3. Do reading assignment for Anarchy 

4. Do paper slips

5. E-mail Professor Zeff, Will, Ryan and Rod

6. Write Media Paper #4

9am:

Shower, eat breakfast, take vitamins, get dressed, print and fill out transcript request form

10:15: Work on Media Paper #1 

11:45: Leave home, mail request, go to school

12:30: Political Research Methods class, 

2: Sovereignty and Anarchy

3:15: Meeting with professor

3:45: Graduation dress and heels shopping with Mom!

Dinner, homework, sleep by 1am.

I expect people asking how much I got done! Hahaha help me out! I need some accountability. I have:

2 more days of regular classes!

8 more days of school!

10 days until my grad party!

11 days until commencement!

14 days until my last concert in Iowa!

15 days until I fly to NYC!

Roughly a month before I need to start my new job, whatever it may be! :D

Thanks for reading! I love you for who you are :)

i_love_you_cat.jpg

• Like 3

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

TANK YOU SIM <3

TL;DR

OOH LOOK!!!!A KITTY!!!!

71.gif

Thank you so much, Guzzi! Love back to you as well :)

I think this is a great idea! Sending you lots of love, and happy thoughts! :love_heart:

Spoiler

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Hello, lovely people! 

I feel honored that you have taken the time to read my daily battle log. Well, at least, the very first post on it! I have been on Nerd Fitness for over a year now, and have been on NF chat for..... probably a year and a half. The past year, I've been doing challenges, and have not been very successful overall. I have, however, learned a great deal about myself during that time. Some of those lessons are:

1. I am terrible at setting realistic goals for myself.

2. I am easily frustrated and disappointed in myself.

3. Those negative feelings about the poor start of a challenge or a rough patch in the middle of a change sabotages the rest of the challenge.

4. I am extreme in my passion, enthusiasm and optimism, but am not as skilled in perseverance and problem solving, nor focus and consistency.

5. I have some serious issues I need to straighten out, namely my eating disorder.

The solution? Trying my best every single day, day in and day out, to accomplish as much good and to take care of myself as well as possible EVERY day. I have been trying to think more in terms of every single day, rather than a week or 2 weeks or 6 weeks, and it seems to be helping a bit.

My overall objectives are to:

1. Lose weight and gain muscle, strength, tone

2. Become strong and healthy in the physical, emotional and mental sense

3. Pursue my dreams and career aspirations

4. Strengthen my spiritual life and finances

Some of the ways I will achieve that is to:

1. Eat paleo (mostly Whole30-approved foods)

2. Eat as close to my BMR as possible and not deprive myself

3. Work out 5x a week (hopefully running 3x a week)

4. Hopefully start lifting soon

5. Drink 100 oz water per day and take my vitamins

6. Find ways to manage my stress, prioritize and become efficient and effective

7. Focus and meet school and career goals

8. Take time to pray 

9. Reduce spending and become more organized with my record-keeping

I'm hoping to treat this as more of my online confessional than anything else. My posts may have just about anything going on in my life in them, so I hope you don't mind. It's going to be a whole lot of Snow being honest about where I'm at in life :)

Right now, I am exhausted and pulling the billionth all-nighter this semester. I'm just ready for it to all be over. I am putting off working on a paper that is already late, and I have the longest to-do list in the world. I want to crawl under a rock and ignore everything, and sleep for about a week, but that's not possible. 

In order to get a little accountability, here is my schedule for today. I will be reporting to let you know how much I got done:

5am:

1. Do laundry

2. Pick up the house

3. Do reading assignment for Anarchy 

4. Do paper slips

5. E-mail Professor Zeff, Will, Ryan and Rod

6. Write Media Paper #4

9am:

Shower, eat breakfast, take vitamins, get dressed, print and fill out transcript request form

10:15: Work on Media Paper #1 

11:45: Leave home, mail request, go to school

2: Sovereignty and Anarchy

3:15: Meeting with professor

3:45: Graduation dress and heels shopping with Mom!

Dinner, homework, sleep by 1am.

I expect people asking how much I got done! Hahaha help me out! I need some accountability. I have:

2 more days of regular classes!

8 more days of school!

10 days until my grad party!

11 days until commencement!

14 days until my last concert in Iowa!

15 days until I fly to NYC!

Roughly a month before I need to start my new job, whatever it may be! :D

Thanks for reading! I love you for who you are :)

"Right now, I am exhausted and pulling the billionth all-nighter this semester."

If it helps... know that you're not the only one, and you got this. Just take it a day at a time...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yo....

Rest

You got this

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

*giggles* OH NOES! Need help putting that brain back together? Thank you, dapper and kind sir!

Think my brain just exploded..

YOU GOT THIS SNOWWY.

Aww thank you, insanity! :D

"Right now, I am exhausted and pulling the billionth all-nighter this semester."

If it helps... know that you're not the only one, and you got this. Just take it a day at a time...

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

*giggles* OH NOES! Need help putting that brain back together? Thank you, dapper and kind sir!

Think my brain just exploded..

YOU GOT THIS SNOWWY.

Aww thank you, insanity! :D

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Thanks, Mama! Love you.

Yo....

Rest

You got this

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

So here's my report on this morning! What I got done is in strike-through:

1. Do laundry

2. Pick up the house

3. Do reading assignment for Anarchy  - couldn't find the book :/

4. Do paper slips

5. E-mail Professor Zeff, Will, Ryan and Rod - fell asleep before I got this done :/ 

6. Write Media Paper #4 - fell asleep before I got this done :/

9am:

10:15: Work on Media Paper #1 - fell asleep before I got this done :/ 

11:45: Leave home, mail request, go to school  the mailbox I was going to use is now gone, due to construction! grr. 

So... sort of successful!

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

So here's my report on this morning! What I got done is in strike-through:

1. Do laundry

2. Pick up the house

3. Do reading assignment for Anarchy  - couldn't find the book :/

4. Do paper slips

5. E-mail Professor Zeff, Will, Ryan and Rod - fell asleep before I got this done :/ 

6. Write Media Paper #4 - fell asleep before I got this done :/

9am:

10:15: Work on Media Paper #1 - fell asleep before I got this done :/ 

11:45: Leave home, mail request, go to school  the mailbox I was going to use is now gone, due to construction! grr. 

So... sort of successful!

YAY!...It's a start... now next time do a little more. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Thank you so much, Bekah! I love you too <3 And I believe in you too!!

Love you lots

you did great today....that was one hell of a to-do list :)

The honest open posting has always helped me the most too. You got this, I believe in you :wub:

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Hey everyone! It's been too long since I've written. First of all, my inspiration phrase for today that is on my wrist is: "Grad party"!

So here's where I'm at: It's 12:22am on Tuesday night. I have a massive amount of stuff to do for school, job stuff and my graduation weekend!!!! :D It's going to be the MOSTEXCITINGWEEKENDEVER!!!!!! 

Here's the schedule for the next 2 weeks!!!!!!

Wednesday - final, running, shopping, errands, shower, funeral visitation, homework

Thursday - running, final, shower, funeral, work, HUGE party with my political friends!

Friday - lunch and shopping with my mom, then date night with my boyfriend!!!!!! dinner at my fave brewery, drinks and games at a barcade, then showing him my fave, secret spot in Des Moines :) It has the perfect view of downtown <3

Saturday - helping Mom with my grad party, then my GRAD PARTY! And then hanging out with my family and opening presents!

Sunday - breakfast mimosas with my boyfriend and our friends, commencement rehearsal, COMMENCEMENT, lunch with my family, boyfriend's grad party and house party at his house with our friends, then spending the night!

Monday -  choir rehearsal allllll day and bonfire with Drake Choir

Tuesday - choir rehearsal and dinner with Drake Choir at our conductor's

Wednesday - choir rehearsal, my last choir concert ever in Iowa (and the first one my boyfriend will be at) and then packing!

Thursday - flying to NYC and hanging out with SIMONIZE :D

Friday - sightseeing, choir rehearsal and seeing Idina Menzel in If/Then, and then MEETING HER AND THE WHOLE CAST <3

Saturday - choir rehearsal and alumni concert :)

Sunday - morning in Brooklyn and concert at Lincoln Center

Monday - sightseeing with parents

Tuesday - sightseeing with parents and lunch with grandparents

Wednesday - coming home!

I have so much to do to get ready for all this! Here's my to-do list until tomorrow at 8:30am:

1. Send resume and cover letter to Northern Iowa campaign

2. Send resume and cover letter to Des Moines campaign

3. E-mail advisor

4. E-mail dean's office assistant

5. E-mail advanced world politics professor

6. E-mail media/politics profressor

7. E-mail social media strategies professor

8. Prepare for media final

9. Do media homework

10. Do a load of laundry

11. Pay credit card bill

12. Make Facebook event for choir concert

13. Hang up commencement robe

14. Take my vitamins

15. Do a layer of tan

16. Do 3 sets of 20 squats, 5 pushups, 20 lunges, 20 DB rows per arm, 30 sec plank, 30 sec wall sit

17. Whiten teeth

18. Do a face mask 

19. Gather resources for media final

HERE WE GO!

Edit: I struck through whatever I just got done! It is now 1:35am! Not bad progress! I'm gonna keep going! 5/19 done!

9/19 done at 3:09am!

10/19 done at 4:35am!

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

Hey everyone! It's been too long since I've written. First of all, my inspiration phrase for today that is on my wrist is: "Grad party"!

So here's where I'm at: It's 12:22am on Tuesday night. I have a massive amount of stuff to do for school, job stuff and my graduation weekend!!!! :D It's going to be the MOSTEXCITINGWEEKENDEVER!!!!!! 

Here's the schedule for the next 2 weeks!!!!!!

Wednesday - final, running, shopping, errands, shower, funeral visitation, homework

Thursday - running, final, shower, funeral, work, HUGE party with my political friends!

Friday - lunch and shopping with my mom, then date night with my boyfriend!!!!!! dinner at my fave brewery, drinks and games at a barcade, then showing him my fave, secret spot in Des Moines :) It has the perfect view of downtown <3

Saturday - helping Mom with my grad party, then my GRAD PARTY! And then hanging out with my family and opening presents!

Sunday - breakfast mimosas with my boyfriend and our friends, commencement rehearsal, COMMENCEMENT, lunch with my family, boyfriend's grad party and house party at his house with our friends, then spending the night!

Monday -  choir rehearsal allllll day and bonfire with Drake Choir

Tuesday - choir rehearsal and dinner with Drake Choir at our conductor's

Wednesday - choir rehearsal, my last choir concert ever in Iowa (and the first one my boyfriend will be at) and then packing!

Thursday - flying to NYC and hanging out with SIMONIZE :D

Friday - sightseeing, choir rehearsal and seeing Idina Menzel in If/Then, and then MEETING HER AND THE WHOLE CAST <3

Saturday - choir rehearsal and alumni concert :)

Sunday - morning in Brooklyn and concert at Lincoln Center

Monday - sightseeing with parents

Tuesday - sightseeing with parents and lunch with grandparents

Wednesday - coming home!

I have so much to do to get ready for all this! Here's my to-do list until tomorrow at 8:30am:

1. Send resume and cover letter to Northern Iowa campaign

2. Send resume and cover letter to Des Moines campaign

3. E-mail advisor

4. E-mail dean's office assistant

5. E-mail advanced world politics professor

6. E-mail media/politics profressor

7. E-mail social media strategies professor

8. Prepare for media final

9. Do media homework

10. Do a load of laundry

11. Pay credit card bill

12. Make Facebook event for choir concert

13. Hang up commencement robe

14. Take my vitamins

15. Do a layer of tan

16. Do 3 sets of 20 squats, 5 pushups, 20 lunges, 20 DB rows per arm, 30 sec plank, 30 sec wall sit

17. Whiten teeth

18. Do a face mask 

19. Gather resources for media final

HERE WE GO!

Edit: I struck through whatever I just got done! It is now 1:35am! Not bad progress! I'm gonna keep going! 5/19 done!

9/19 done at 3:09am!

10/19 done at 4:35am!

Jealous about all except the flying to NYC part... if I never go there again, it'll be too soon...

Have fun none the less... :-)

My first challenge

Hey lassie - keep it up, hmmm? We're all expecting results here! Haha - nah, you have completely GOT THIS, Princess. Make sure you enjoy the party, as well as all these plans - face it, this week is going to be awesome and hard at once!

:D

• Like 1

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

Thank youuu kindly, handsome men :) I'm beyond exhausted, but I just had possibly the greatest weekend of my life. Details later :)

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams

PICS!!!!

NOAW!!!!

(pretty please!!!)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I love that pic of us, Sim! 

Hellllllllo, everyone! Say hi to the newly employed, big girl Snow with her first full-time job! I'm working at Reduce Data, a start up that engineered a platform that our clients can use to execute/customize/manage their internet advertising/retargeting/microtargeting. I'm the digital sales manager, which means that once a client has an account with us, I will be the one managing it for them, adjusting whatever needs adjusted, and generally keeping them happy. It also means that I will be flying out to Sunnyvale, CA every couple weeks to check on my clients, and I will be training there from July 2-20th! I leave Wednesday! :D If you're in SoCal, I would LOVE to meet up with you! Even if you're not and would like to meet me, let me know! I have a Cadillac to drive on weekends and I could come meet you :)

Today is a Day #1 on the food/exercise front. That sucks. But it's a great day as well! I'm so sick of feeling gross and feeling my muscle definition slowly slip away. 

My goals are:

1. Eat my BMR calories

2. Eat strictly paleo

3. Track my food really well, on MyFitnessPal AND here, for maximum accoutability

4. Run 3x a week

5. Do 1 yoga video per week

6. Work on my sleep habits

7. Drink 100 oz water per day

8. Take my vitamins/supplements

Here we go!

So far today, I've had .5 cup of canteloupe, I've taken all my pills, I slept 5.5 hours last night and I've drank about 20 oz of water.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-Samuel Adams