Bildungsroman's Epic Life

I'm sure I'll come back to these things and expand upon them, but here are my fitness and life bucket lists at the moment:

FITNESS:
1. Level up in Wing Chun Kung Fu to at least level 6 (currently level 2). This would mean I'd be proficient and strong enough to handle myself in a combat situation if necessary, and fit enough to run away if possible.
2. Get and retain a 20% body fat index or lower.
3. Enter and make it through one round of some kind of fighting tournament.

LIFE:

1. Retire in my 30s. This doesn't mean quit working, just get to the point where if I want to, I can live off the interest from my savings (a la Early Retirement Extreme) or other passive income, while working on the projects I want to do, rather than having to work to survive. This also means becoming completely debt-free and staying that way.  (debt-free as of 6/2013!)
2. Become a published author. DONE! (7/2013)
3. Visit all of the continents except Antarctica by the end of my 30th year. DONE! (2/2013)
4. Visit Antarctica.
5. Live somewhere in Asia for at least three continuous months. Or travel around Asia for at least six continuous months. DONE (2-4/2016 in Thailand/Vietnam)
6. Release an album with my band. Done!
7. Get a PhD.
8. Complete a degree or other qualification in physics, astronomy or astrophysics. (Just for context, I have a Bachelor's in English and a Master's in European Studies, so this is completely outside my field of expertise, but very much within my field of interest)
9. Learn basic skills such as fixing simple electronics, cooking, automotive work, sewing, woodworking, screenprinting, etc.
10. Be able to live off of very diverse sources of income, including writing, translation, graphic design, website design, photography, mechanical work, etc.

11. Learn to code  DONE! (2018)

BILDUNGSROMAN:ROGUE MONK LVL 4

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 8 | CON: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 3Current Challenge | Bildungsroman's Epic Life | Fitocracy | My blog

Epic indeed! Sounds like you're going to lead an awesome life if you work towards these goals. :)

Although I have to say, getting a PhD and an additional degree AND being able to afford to retire in your 30s is very ambitious! I think I'll still be paying off my student loans til I'm 40 at this point... ;) (Hmm, how well does Poland subsidize education? I need to google this!)

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Although I have to say, getting a PhD and an additional degree AND being able to afford to retire in your 30s is very ambitious! I think I'll still be paying off my student loans til I'm 40 at this point... ;) (Hmm, how well does Poland subsidize education? I need to google this!)

Well, the good thing is that most PhDs are not only paid for, but include a decent stipend or the option to teach for money if you get accepted into a program. As for another degree, you're definitely right about that, it would have to be financed through a scholarship of some sort.

In Poland, university education is free, but the number of spots each year is definitely limited, and would more likely go to a struggling young student rather than a 30-something (as it should).

BILDUNGSROMAN:ROGUE MONK LVL 4

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 8 | CON: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 3Current Challenge | Bildungsroman's Epic Life | Fitocracy | My blog