What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

I'm the only one that knows about my inability to eat anything that is layered and not separate the layers. Something like almonds, if you bite em the right way, they break apart into two equal halves with a flat side... I must have this, goldfish as well...

Nerdy things... I have a collection of those metal puzzle (can you separate the pieces) on my work desk. It just started though so it's small...

Goldfish can only be eaten by biting them in half. Either that or two by two.

I tell myself that biting things in half actually helps me slow down when eating them, but in reality I'm just indulging in my weirdo eating habits.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Goldfish can only be eaten by biting them in half. Either that or two by two.

I tell myself that biting things in half actually helps me slow down when eating them, but in reality I'm just indulging in my weirdo eating habits.

You can also bite off the tails, then make voices about how they can't swim anymore and you're now a shark coming to get them...

Though if I do two... I try and get one on each side of my mouth before biting down.

And I don't try and justify it, I'm weird, I know... :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Um, this isn't weird, is it? 

In a finite, but moving, population (cafeteria line, people going to communion, etc.) I pick a shoe category like sneakers or sandals and calculate the percentage (to the nearest thousandth of a percent) of people wearing those kind of shoes.

In my head.

I actually call that impressive.  I suck at math, so I'd have trouble figuring that to the whole number, much less the thousandth.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

When driving a long distance, I HAVE to have the gps going.. not for directions, but to know exactly the distance I have left to go.  I then will run numbers in my head and try to have an estimate of when we are going to arrive there. 

One time, on a trip back to my parents house, my wife asked me what time we were going to get there (we were still 4+ hours away).  I said "Two thirty .. (pause) ... three".  Intending it to be a range between 2:30 and 3:00.   I then realized how it came out, then followed it with "exactly".  When we got there, I did have to drive a tad slower than normal on the road outside the house and the driveway (it's a long driveway), but when I came to a complete stop at the house, I pointed at the clock which said 2:33 and told my wife "BAM! I told you so"... and turned off the car with a huge smile on my face.

• Like 2

"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A"

Challenge: #1

Ooh, I love to estimate my exact ETA too. I like driving 72 mph on the highway because 20% faster than a mile a minute makes the calculation easier.

On a somewhat related note, I cannot give approximate times when I know exact times. For instance, if somebody asks me when I did something and I know that it was at 7:43, I have to say 7:43 and not 7:45 or "around 7:45" or else I feel like I am lying. (Possibly this points to true OCD but it doesn't impair my life so no big deal.) And when I leave to run, I tell my husband "I'll be back in 43 minutes" instead of in 45 minutes.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I don't do it so much any more, but one of my favorite hobbies is reconstructing medieval and Renaissance recipes.  I was heavily involved in the local Society for Creative Anachronism for a long time, and.translated some works from Catalan and Spanish into modern English.   I even ran a few feasts based off my research.  Spanish Renaissance cuisine is amazingly varied stuff, sometimes weird (roast cat, anyone?), but incredibly delicious.  (Three words: rosewater mint cheesecake.)

I also build cigar box guitars, fiddle around with leatherwork and homebrewing, and write Harry Potter fanfic.

Personal weird thing: I always round up to the nearest dollar when I tip.  There's something I can't abide about that loose decimal...

• Like 4

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

I deal with foreign currency on a frequent basis and have a bad habit of constantly adding USD to receipts and checks when I sign them that really don't require specifying the currency. Get's a lot of weird looks, and rightfully so considering I am in the US.

I tape envelopes closed when I mail them due to some completely irrational fear of envelope glue failure.

I don't do it so much any more, but one of my favorite hobbies is reconstructing medieval and Renaissance recipes.  I was heavily involved in the local Society for Creative Anachronism for a long time, and.translated some works from Catalan and Spanish into modern English.   I even ran a few feasts based off my research.  Spanish Renaissance cuisine is amazingly varied stuff, sometimes weird (roast cat, anyone?), but incredibly delicious.  (Three words: rosewater mint cheesecake.)

I also build cigar box guitars, fiddle around with leatherwork and homebrewing, and write Harry Potter fanfic.

Personal weird thing: I always round up to the nearest dollar when I tip.  There's something I can't abide about that loose decimal...

Oh, yeah. I was in the SCA, too. Doesn't get much weirder/nerdier than that. :D

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I have done real saber training- for on horse back.

now I practice with two scimtars. so I walk around my house with a big ass sword on my head. 

I play "air cymbals"  as a dancer- one of our instruments are finger cymbals- so I'm drumming patterns on my belly walking around- or actually playing my fingers with air finger cymblas on- a lot... one two three- one two three one two three four five six seven- right lift right -right left right- right left right left right left right.

I read signs when I'm driving. 

I am constantly re-orienting msyelf to north.

I am always prepared for the worst- I have long drawn out conversations about "what if" while I'm riding my motorcycle- what if that truck didnt' stop andslammed into me and shattered both my legs and left me unable to walk- who would take care of me- where would my animals go- would I dance- would I kill myself because I couldn't dance? would I stop lifting? would I become a "hero" who over came- or someone who gave up on life and killed themselves- would my parents be sad- would anyone come to my funeral- who the hell would go through my sewing supplies.....

oh shit the trucks one- good thing he didn't hit me... oh what if that car turns in front of me and I blow my front tire on that pot hole? would I die... and so forth... and so on.

I sing Hakkuna Matata- a LOT on my bike.  and one random Christian song I know the words to for some reason. It's weird. 

I dance EVERYWHERE. literally everywhere. to the music in my head- the music on my ipod- in my car- at the ailse of the grocery store- to jingles on TV

I talk to strangers- a lot- like an uncomfortable amount. 

I have to wipe my lipstick off my coffee cup about every ten minutes or so. 

I am a perpetual self induced insommniac- I'm always tired- always late for work- sleep through alarms and literally live off coffee- I fall asleep IMMEDIATELY when I'm in bed- but I often keep myself up for hours for no reason at all. 

• Like 3

Um where do I start?

1-I worship the Viking Gods.

2-When people ask me to use proper English, I reply from what century, nation, and industry.

3-Dad jokes are punny.

4- Former Games Workshop addict.

5-I can explain the difference between geeks and nerds (I am a geek).

6- I like destroying the Roman Empire in Rome Total War:Barbarian Invasion.

7- Tree hugging Greenie. I am a member of the Australian Greens political party.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I work in a bakery as a cleaner, when I'm working I make a bunch of zombie survival plans, I only excuse is that I'm exposed to cleaning fumes and ovens all day. The focus of my plans are how would I react if zombies invaded my workplace, I like thinking about all the implements in the bakery and how they could be used, as well as how I would react to different types of zombies such as Romero type zombies as opposed to 48 hours zombies. 

My favorite plan so far involves pan cleaner to lubricate the floor, a mop to push, and an industrial oven to incinerate the zombie and hopefully burn away whatever is infecting them. 

• Like 2

Level: 0 Race: Scrag Class: Druid
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

I work in a bakery as a cleaner, when I'm working I make a bunch of zombie survival plans, I only excuse is that I'm exposed to cleaning fumes and ovens all day. The focus of my plans are how would I react if zombies invaded my workplace, I like thinking about all the implements in the bakery and how they could be used, as well as how I would react to different types of zombies such as Romero type zombies as opposed to 48 hours zombies. 

My favorite plan so far involves pan cleaner to lubricate the floor, a mop to push, and an industrial oven to incinerate the zombie and hopefully burn away whatever is infecting them. 

This sounds suspiciously like Bill Cosby's tactic against the giant chicken heart: smear Jello on the floor and set the couch on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE0hHEtkkQA

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Haha, l also do kind of the same thing, but not in so much detail. I don't think that's crazy, thats common sense, preparing for the inevitable :)

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

I am totally behind on zombie knowledge (blame it on being from Ohio, we're always behind here) so I had no idea that there were even different types.

MFP

I am totally behind on zombie knowledge (blame it on being from Ohio, we're always behind here) so I had no idea that there were even different types.

Hmm, looks like your state is just in the middle, so I'd start reading about zombies if I were you :playful:

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

When driving a long distance, I HAVE to have the gps going.. not for directions, but to know exactly the distance I have left to go.  I then will run numbers in my head and try to have an estimate of when we are going to arrive there. 

One time, on a trip back to my parents house, my wife asked me what time we were going to get there (we were still 4+ hours away).  I said "Two thirty .. (pause) ... three".  Intending it to be a range between 2:30 and 3:00.   I then realized how it came out, then followed it with "exactly".  When we got there, I did have to drive a tad slower than normal on the road outside the house and the driveway (it's a long driveway), but when I came to a complete stop at the house, I pointed at the clock which said 2:33 and told my wife "BAM! I told you so"... and turned off the car with a huge smile on my face.

In Ontario (Canada) our controlled access highways have interchanges which are assigned an "exit number" that is approximately the number of kilometers from a fixed point to that exit.  Knowing the number of the exit you want to take and the the number of the exit you just passed, you can calculate remaining distance.  Divide that by your speed and you know how much longer you will be on the highway.

• Like 1

Hmm, looks like your state is just in the middle, so I'd start reading about zombies if I were you :playful:

YAY... not only 32nd but I live in the "Ample Supply" state... as in there's ample supply of old people to turn into Zombies...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

See, Ohio being in the middle makes me laugh because I love it here but I always think that our state slogan should be "Ohio...solidly mediocre."

MFP

The thing about Maine is, the zombies would have to walk hundreds of miles to get to me.  Unless we get zombie moose - you don't really hear about zombie wildlife, but zombie moose would be terrifying.  Otherwise you could probably take out all the local zombies without even reloading.  But just in case, I have a spot picked out for my all-purpose post-apocalypse survivalist compound.  Next step - learn how to make charcoal and smelt/forge iron.  Yes, I really plan to do that, which may be the nerdiest thing about me.

• Like 3