Soooo, it's been a while. But I'm back and ready to go.

Well, I actually I started back up on Monday with the Warriors. I'm doing some easy weight lifting this challenge, but they are just SO focused on lifting and bulking and muscles and stuff. It is just definitely not..for..me. It felt...weird. I didn't like it.

I know this challenge is already about halfway done, but I didn't want to wait until June to get back with NF. To make up for it, I'll be continuing with these goals until the next challenge starts on June 9th. I'll be sticking it out with the Warriors through the weekend and really get things started here on Monday.

NOTE: I will be out of town for a few days towards the end of May and will not be including those days in my challenge.

MAIN GOAL

Get to 25% body fat

CHALLENGE GOAL

Complete the challenge with at least a B

GOALS
Do strength training five days a week. (STR +4)
While I have started doing some light weight lifting, I don't want to limit myself to that. So, I'll be doing five days a week of strength training. Whether that's lifting weights or body weight workouts. And I'd like the workout to last at least 20 minutes. And I am interested in checking out CrossFit, but I'm definitely not ready for that yet.

Do yoga and belly dancing workout five days a week. (DEX +3)
While I doing some strength training this challenge, I don't want to ignore my flexibility either. Since I'll be getting up early in the mornings (on work days) it give me the perfect opportunity to get dancey and bendy before heading off to work.

Include two fruits or veggies in every meal. (CON +4)
I need to start eating my fruits and veggies more. I was doing well for a while, but have been slacking off a lot lately. So now, all meals must include at least two fruits and veggies. And that means at least a cup of each, not just a slice of tomato or something like that.

Wake up at 6:30 every work day morning. (WIS +4)
I want to give myself more time in the morning. For getting ready, for eating breakfast, for working out, whatever. This means I’ll have to make sure that I’m going to bed at a reasonable time and that I don’t hit snooze. I’ll only be getting up at 6:30 on work days

MEASUREMENTS
Weight: 178
Body Fat: 36.55% (using Linear Software, tape measure method)
Neck: 13

Bust: 39

Waist: 32
Hips: 42
Bum: 45.5
Thighs: 29

Calf: 16

Bicep: 12.75

Forearm: 10.75

• Like 4

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

Yea, I had wondered if the warriors were the right group for you, but I'm glad you took control and changed direction.  Hope this is a better fit!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Just an FYI...no matter how ready you may or may not be for CrossFit, it's going to suck just as much when you start. Believe me haha

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

You rock!

I too don't want to wait for the next challenge to start :) and I have nearly the same measurements as you have.

I definitely need to do some strength training too in the upcoming challenges.

How do you want o incorporate more fruit and veggies? More quantity or more variety?

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Yea, I had wondered if the warriors were the right group for you, but I'm glad you took control and changed direction.  Hope this is a better fit!!!

Yeah, I got the feeling pretty earlier on that it wasn't going to be a great fit, but didn't want to give up. And I don't feel like I've given up, I've just made a better choice!

Just an FYI...no matter how ready you may or may not be for CrossFit, it's going to suck just as much when you start. Believe me haha

I believe it!! Though I won't have to worry about it for a while. I had to move my school schedule around and won't be able to take CrossFIt classes for quite some time. 

Glad to see you back SG. I just recently came back myself. Hope things go well for you this challenge. I'll be lurking  :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mdowning. Welcome back to you as well! I hope so too! :)

You rock!

I too don't want to wait for the next challenge to start  :) and I have nearly the same measurements as you have.

I definitely need to do some strength training too in the upcoming challenges.

How do you want o incorporate more fruit and veggies? More quantity or more variety?

Well thank you!!

I want more quantity AND variety!! I get a produce box delivered every Monday, and I've started including at least two items that I've never, or rarely, tried before. And I've started making smoothies again in the mornings. That is really helping me some fruits and veggies in.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

• Like 2

The Introverted Goddess

Summary for Last Week

I only had three goals with the Warriors: 1) lift weights five days a week, 2) include two fruits and/or veggies in every meal, and 3) wake up at 6:30 on work days. I did pretty well!!

Goal 1: 5 out of 5

Goal 2: 19 out of 21

Goal 3: 4 out of 5

So, I'm feeling great heading into my first challenge back with the Assassins!!

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

Yeah, I got the feeling pretty earlier on that it wasn't going to be a great fit, but didn't want to give up. And I don't feel like I've given up, I've just made a better choice!

I believe it!! Though I won't have to worry about it for a while. I had to move my school schedule around and won't be able to take CrossFIt classes for quite some time. 

Thanks Mdowning. Welcome back to you as well! I hope so too! :)

Well thank you!!

I want more quantity AND variety!! I get a produce box delivered every Monday, and I've started including at least two items that I've never, or rarely, tried before. And I've started making smoothies again in the mornings. That is really helping me some fruits and veggies in.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

Ohhh I always wanted to get such a box too. But I'm too scared that I don't know what to do with the veggies....

Have you seen the Vegetable Alphabeth CHallenge? Pretty cool, if you ask me :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

I really like the place I get my produce box from. I can customize my box every week! And I can enter any items that I never want in my box and they'll automatically substitute it for something else! 

I have NOT seen the Vegetable Alphabet Challenge!?! I will have to go find it!!

The Introverted Goddess

Christ-Tien has the link in her signature....: Veggie challenge

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Hey, stumbled across your thread and found a fellow belly dancer!  :D

I was originally a Warrior my first challenge and eventually moved to the Adventurers because I wanted to do more than weight training as well.

Awesome goals and consider me a lurker!  :)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

A produce box?  What is this magic?

It's AMAZING!! Living in the San Francisco Bay Area, there are many options for getting food/produce delivered right to you door. The company I get my boxes from (Full Circle) allows me to get a box (they have multiple size options) delivered ever week (or biweekly, monthly, etc) full of seasonal produce. I have the ability to customize my box with whatever items they have available. PLUS they have a grocery section!! I get my eggs and lots of organic, grass-fed, free-range, amazing beef from them too. They have all kinds of stuff! I LOVE it!

Christ-Tien has the link in her signature....: Veggie challenge

Thanks Kata!

Hey, stumbled across your thread and found a fellow belly dancer!  :D

I was originally a Warrior my first challenge and eventually moved to the Adventurers because I wanted to do more than weight training as well.

Awesome goals and consider me a lurker!  :)

Yay for belly dancing! I haven't danced in a while, and am finally getting back to it. :)

Lurk away!

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

It's AMAZING!! Living in the San Francisco Bay Area, there are many options for getting food/produce delivered right to you door. The company I get my boxes from (Full Circle) allows me to get a box (they have multiple size options) delivered ever week (or biweekly, monthly, etc) full of seasonal produce. I have the ability to customize my box with whatever items they have available. PLUS they have a grocery section!! I get my eggs and lots of organic, grass-fed, free-range, amazing beef from them too. They have all kinds of stuff! I LOVE it!

That sounds amazing.  I am suddenly super jealous.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Updates for Days 8 & 9 - 5/12 & 5/13

Strength

• Monday (5/12) - Chest and triceps (workout from Jamie Easton LiveFit series)
  • Tuesday (5/13) - Legs and calves (workout from Jamie Easton LiveFit series)

Yoga & Belly Dance

• Monday (5/12) - Only did the 15 minute workout, but was definitely feeling it!
  • Tuesday (5/13) - Missed my workout. I was running waaay late to my training class (due to an ant invasion) and didn't have time to workout.

Fruits & Veggies

• Monday (5/12) - Breakfast: banana, strawberry, blueberries / Lunch: lettuce, tomato, avocado, mushroom / Dinner: tomatoes, mushroom
  • Tuesday (5/13) - Breakfast: banana, strawberry, blueberries, peaches / Lunch: cucumber, avocado / Dinner: none

Wake up at 6:30

• Monday (5/12) - Up at 6:30, did some reading and made a smoothie
  • Tuesday (5/13) - Up at 6:00 (extra half point!), made smoothie, did laundry, cleaned kitchen and defeated the ant invasion!

Feeling pretty good this week. I'm taking training classes Tuesday thru Friday this week and am already a bit tired, the training class is about two hours from my house. But I'm still doing my evening strength workouts, so that's good! :)

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

Wow, you did awesome on your wake-up goal! I'm not a morning person and am thrilled what you did all in just one morning!

Aaaaand I want all those veggies... RIGHT NOW! They read sooo yummy!

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Updates for Days 10 thru 14 (5/14-18)

Strength

• Wednesday (5/14) - No workout
  • Thursday (5/15) - No workout
  • Friday (5/16) - Leg day (went out dancing..all night long!!! - I was SO sore the next morning!)
  • Saturday (5/17) - Rest day
  • Sunday (5/18) - Rest day

Yoga & Belly Dance

• No belly dancing... :(

Fruits & Veggies

• Wednesday (5/14) - Breakfast: banana, strawberry, blueberries / Lunch: broccoli, carrots / Dinner: artichokes
  • Thursday (5/15) - Breakfast: banana, strawberries, blueberries / Lunch: broccoli / Dinner: cucumbers, green beans, potatoes
  • Fridays (5/16) - Breakfast: banana, strawberries, blueberries / Lunch: broccoli, tomatoes, potatoes, peas / Dinner: none
  • Saturday (5/17) - Breakfast: lettuce, tomato, pickles / Lunch: peas / Dinner: tomatoes, avocado
  • Sunday (5/18) - Breakfast: none / Lunch: tomatoes / Dinner: potatoes

• Wednesday (5/14) - Up at 6:00 (extra half point!)
  • Thursday (5/15) - Up at 6:00 (extra half point!)
  • Friday (5/16) - Up at 6:00 (extra half point!)
  • Saturday (5/17) - Off
  • Sunday (5/18) - Off

Summary

Goal 1: 3 out of 5 (8 out of 10)

Goal 2: 1 out of 5 (1 out of 5)

Goal 3: 19 out of 21 (34.5 out of 42)

Goal 4: 7 out of 5 (11 out of 10)

Challenge Grade So Far: B- (54.5 out of 67 = 81%)

The Introverted Goddess

So, I've been doing really well with eating more fruits and veggies, but I've been snacking...a LOT. I will be surprised if I lose any inches this challenge. I don't think my being more active will offset just how much junk I've been eating in between my healthy meals. I'm going to work really hard to cut that back/out for the rest of the challenge. My goals for the next challenge will help out with that struggle a lot, but I'm not there yet. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I wanted to see my numbers change at the end of this challenge, but I'm worried that if they do change, they'll only be going up...

The Introverted Goddess

So, I've been doing really well with eating more fruits and veggies, but I've been snacking...a LOT. I will be surprised if I lose any inches this challenge. I don't think my being more active will offset just how much junk I've been eating in between my healthy meals. I'm going to work really hard to cut that back/out for the rest of the challenge. My goals for the next challenge will help out with that struggle a lot, but I'm not there yet. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I wanted to see my numbers change at the end of this challenge, but I'm worried that if they do change, they'll only be going up...

It happens.  I yo-yo all over the place.  You know what you need to work on, so focus on that.  Besides, you came in late.  Just treat it as a practice run.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Don't get discouraged, you're doing really well with your diet changes. Just focus on each small win, you'll keep improving. You're kicking ass SG!

It happens.  I yo-yo all over the place.  You know what you need to work on, so focus on that.  Besides, you came in late.  Just treat it as a practice run.

Thanks you two! It can be difficult to stay motivated sometimes, I know it's that way for everyone. Which is amazing since we are all posting such uplifting and encouraging words to each other all of the time!

• Like 2

The Introverted Goddess

Updates for Days 15 thru 21 (5/19-25)

So, this week is a bit wonky. I was gone camping for most of the week, but am still listing some of them below. The days in purple are not being counted towards my goal, but I may have earned some extra points by still hitting some of my goals. :)

Strength

• Monday (5/19) - Leg day
  • Tuesday (5/20) - Arms and chest
  • Wednesday (5/21) - No workout, packing and cooking for trip
  • Thursday (5/22) - No workout, lots of driving and camp set up
  • Friday (5/23) - No workout, walked around a LOT, 10,000+ steps (+.5)
  • Saturday (5/24) - No workout, walked around a LOT, 10,000+ steps (+.5)
  • Sunday (5/25) - No workout, walked around a LOT, 10,000+ steps (+.5)

Yoga & Belly Dance

• Monday (5/19) - 30 minutes session
  • Tuesday (5/20) - 15 minute session
  • Wednesday (5/21) - 45 minute session (+1)
  • Thursday (5/22) - No dancing or yoga
  • Friday (5/23) - No yoga, but did some belly dancing at camping event (+.5)
  • Saturday (5/24) - No yoga, but did some belly dancing at camping event (+.5)
  • Sunday (5/25) - No dancing or yoga

Fruits & Veggies

• Monday (5/19) - Breakfast: banana, strawberries, blueberries / Lunch: asparagus / Dinner: potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce
  • Tuesday (5/20) - Breakfast: tomato, avocado / Lunch: none / Dinner: onions, tomatoes

• Monday (5/19) - Up at 6:30, smoothie and workout
  • Tuesday (5/20) - Up at 6:30, lots of reading

Summary

Goal 1: 3.5 out of 2 (11.5 out of 12)

Goal 2: 4 out of 2 (5 out of 7)

Goal 3: 4 out of 6 (38.5 out of 48)

Goal 4: 2 out of 2 (13 out of 12)

Challenge Grade So Far: B (68 out of 79 = 86.1%)

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

Can't wait for the next challenge!! I'll be sticking with things here until the next challenge forums are up. My post is just about ready!!

• Like 2

The Introverted Goddess

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines