6 Week Challenge (Well... 9 weeks :tongue:)

Hey so I joined NF a while ago but Uni and a variety of other things happened.. and so I fell out of my routine. Damn! Gained 10 kg and my fitness went downhill! So this challenge is about getting myself back to having better diet and exercise habits. 

Main quest :)

Get down to 65kg and be able to run a 5k.

My method for doing this is: 

(1) To lose 5 kg in the 6 week time slot, working my way down to my weight goal. I will do this by;

a) Not drinking anything aside from water/tea/milk/hot chocolate/pepsi max

B) Making my lunch and eating it at least 4 times a week 

c) Keep to my nutritionists' suggestions in terms of what I should be eating

d) Keeping note of everything I eat

e) Carry water bottle with me and aim to finish at least two full bottles plus half after exercise

f) Keeping up an exercise routine (see below) 

(2) To regain my exercise routine. I will do this by;

a) Going to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays, cardio -- treadmill (15 mins, working up to high intensity), low intensity weight training 15 mins

B) Doing my 1/2 hour 3-5 km walk every day, rain or shine

c) Biking to and from Uni at least 4 times a week (15 mins generally, 1 big hill at each end, rest flat)

d) Doing 15 mins yoga Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 

e) [WILL SPECIFY LATER] angry birds exercise Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays

Side quests

(1) Learn how to skateboard-- Motifier to help with this 

(2) Go on at least 2 more tramps this year 

Life quest 

Save up ~$1000 for gear 

Training Partner: Motifier (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48209-motifier-first-challenge/#entry1029883)

Thats all for now

Daisygirl out :)

• Like 1

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Current ChallengePrevious Challenge, Daily Battle Log

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 1

Hi daisygirl. We're actually 4 weeks in already. You're welcome to join in for the next 2, but you might want to bear that in mind for goal setting this time around and then do a fuller one in the next 6...?

-->short at-work message...

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

You've got a good roadmap here. Might I suggest you turn it into a... Counts quickly... 9 week challenge and carry it from now til the end of the next 6 week challenge?

PS, glad to have you aboard. :)

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Hey 18ck thanks for pointing that out!! Awesome idea Shukar 9 week challenge it is!

They dont close the "current challenge" thread once is no longer err current do they?

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

It's usually archived and everyone goes to a new conf but no reason why you can't do a "to be continued..." and go over there to pick up where you left off. We can even move your thread over if you are very keen to keep it together but probably not needed.

You mention you've already been signed up for a while. I can't see your sig file points etc in tapatalk but I guess you've been around long enough to know what you're about...? I only ask because most people start in the level 0 conference for their first challenge till they work out what path they want to take but you seem to be so overwhelmingly scouty in your aims that it doesn't make sense to point you that way - just make yourself at home. Having said that, if you're unsure about how stuff works, or how to get started in running, just give us a shout!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Other things :

1. You're at uni and you can afford to go to a nutritionist? Wow! Money better spent on a good second hand cook book, I would have thought but it's your call!

2. You mention you want to work up to a 5k. You're obviously doing a bit of a run on the dreadmill and the rest walking, so I guess you're part of the way there already - in fact if you're already cycling and spending that time in your feet I'm sure you could meet and exceed 5k in a relatively short time. At the risk of being captain pushy, have you considered building your resistance and your run times in stages using a program like C25K, perhaps jumping in half way through the 8 week program? There are plenty of good apps that you can use. Totally up to you though of course and perfectly possible to get by without it (I'd never heard of it till I'd been running for about a year for example!)

It's usually archived and everyone goes to a new conf but no reason why you can't do a "to be continued..." and go over there to pick up where you left off. We can even move your thread over if you are very keen to keep it together but probably not needed.

You mention you've already been signed up for a while. I can't see your sig file points etc in tapatalk but I guess you've been around long enough to know what you're about...? I only ask because most people start in the level 0 conference for their first challenge till they work out what path they want to take but you seem to be so overwhelmingly scouty in your aims that it doesn't make sense to point you that way - just make yourself at home. Having said that, if you're unsure about how stuff works, or how to get started in running, just give us a shout!

Ok cool, the to be continued thing is good :)

Signed up as in I did a challenge in the 'level one rebels', then didn't do anything for a long while but have read enough to more or less know my way around :) still learning tho haha 

Such as... i didnt know about the chat function before now-- just went and looked it up :)

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

Other things :

1. You're at uni and you can afford to go to a nutritionist? Wow! Money better spent on a good second hand cook book, I would have thought but it's your call!

2. You mention you want to work up to a 5k. You're obviously doing a bit of a run on the dreadmill and the rest walking, so I guess you're part of the way there already - in fact if you're already cycling and spending that time in your feet I'm sure you could meet and exceed 5k in a relatively short time. At the risk of being captain pushy, have you considered building your resistance and your run times in stages using a program like C25K, perhaps jumping in half way through the 8 week program? There are plenty of good apps that you can use. Totally up to you though of course and perfectly possible to get by without it (I'd never heard of it till I'd been running for about a year for example!)

Mmmm nutritionist as in my mum's nutritionist that she goes to and she offered to pay for a session for me to get the food plan... so why not you know? :)

I have been experimenting with a few free apps that sound like that, will settle on one at some stage :) 

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

Welcome to Scouts! Let us know if you do pick up a running app - I am using Zombies, Run! 5K Trainer myself, and really enjoying it :)

Hey! I've actually listened to the 'radio' channel of that off a friends phone once when we were walking haha it sounds awesome :) i imagine having zombies after you can be very motivating? ;)

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

Definitely! The 5K app is more structured, so no random zombie chases, but you have the characters leading you through a story that takes to your training missions. I'll be ready to outrun those zombies when I go back to the regular Zombies, Run app!

Sounds cool, so how much did it cost and if it was a bit pricey, money well spent? :)

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

I can vouch for Zombies run. I use the vanilla one, not the 5k version and it does cost a few quid but it's soooo worth it for the extra dimension it lends to a training run.

mmm I'll definitely have a look into it then, the stuff that I listened to sounded cool :)

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

I think the 5K app was $2 - $4 USD, definitely worth it. I don't have any complaints and it keeps me moving!

Just brought it today :) not the 5k bit just the Zombies, Run! one :) so far, so awesome :)

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

So I have been keeping in with a few of my gym visits over the past week or so, been doing most of my yoga and walking most days. I've been making lunch a lot and keeping to my prescribed list of things which I should be eating/drinking, however I have been eating literally twice of my caloric intake. Sooo over the next week I'm going to be watching how much Im eating and keep within my caloric intake. 

I have made progress with my side quests/life quest-- I have gone on another tramp (last Saturday, stream bash) and have accumulated $400 towards my $1000 goal so far. 

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

What calorie limit have you set yourself?

~1600 at the moment, I'm 82 kg, 5" 4, at the moment, aiming for 0.5kg loss per week, is that realistic? What calorie limit should i aim for?

Iv managed to keep to it for the past week now, its a lot less food than I'm used to but I dont feel hungry so its not difficult to sustain. Feels like what I should be eating as opposed to just eating because I'm bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

Hmmm maybe Kailer as that day that i counted without restricting i kinda estimated it off numbers on the inter webs-- it was a lot of food!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

mmm that would be tough-- its pretty hard from where I'm standing too tho haha

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

Onwards and upwards to part II of my challenge :) 

recap-- I've lost about 1 kg, am a lot more conscientious about what I am eating and am developing my exercise routines well. I'm shaking the goals up a bit for the next part of my challenge--->  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49282-daisys-journey-through-middle-earth/#entry1061650

Hunter S. Thompson

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines