MistaGrant - Starter Quest

It is not hard to tell, that this world around us is coming close to the end. Does it need to? No.. we all know it doesn't.

Home is something strange, something ever changing yet the perpetual dullness never seemed..comforting. I, myself, and my one true companion Halen are not destined to stay within these walls. These ever imprisoning walls. With escaping, one must prepare.

Starter Quest: Main Quest Part 1

Preparing for the Escape

1. Run one mile per day, with Halen to get his and my bodies warmed up for the escape
  2. Drink at least 60oz of water a day
  3. Perform routine each day (differentiate muscle groups each day besides quick recovery area such as forearm and calves and abs)

(This, since it is during a current challenge, will just be more of a warm up to move into the next which would be Part 2)

• Like 2

MistaGrant

level 1

Lycan: Bard (Rebel)

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 1|CHA 4

"Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional."

Thank you silver_toes!!

Day Q1:D1:

Today I was actually able to run the mile, and Halen had not experienced the lethargy he usually does.. which is great. So much energy but he seems to act like he doesn't when we need to run! It's in his head ;)

Water intake was around 80oz, not to mention other sources I would get it from. I made sure to keep myself highly hydrated during the run. (The pup as well!)

My routine today went as planned too. I worked mainly on biceps, forearms, and upper back. My abs were hurting from the run already, and I sadly didn't push. 

Tomorrow though... Tomorrow!

• Like 1

MistaGrant

level 1

WELCOME TO THE REBELLION!! \o/

I look forward to your challenges!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Welcome, MistaGrant!! 

The Fruity Overlord hinted that you might be thinking of joining the assassins once your escape is successfully completed.  What type of strength training are you doing? 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Good to see you joining the challenge. It looks like you have a good warm up plan. I'm sure that Halen enjoyed his run!

I used to run with one of our dogs and he always loved it. (Bonus side effect: a tired dog is a good dog.) I'd like to get back to it but he'll need to work up to it and right now I want to finish my C25k. Maybe in another week when I am done, though.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

@ApfelStrudi like you don't already!! ;P haha

@Etchi thank you!

@Red1263 thaaank you! And hopefully it's not too boring of a read! Hahaha

@Chris-tien Jinn Thank you! And yes, that is the plan. Not that she gave me a choice! (Kidding!) the typical strength training I do is all dumbbell related since I rarely have the time to get into a gym with my work schedule. As of right now I'm doing max reps at low weight to gain lean muscle and trim up. Eventually once I get into the swing I'll list each exercise (preferably with a link to at very least an image of what said exercise is.)

@Silo thanks! He really seems to be enjoying it, though he has been sighing now when I grab the leash instead of being as happy as he used to. He might have enough energy to compete with redbull, but he just wants to be a couch potato! That sounds great though, good luck on it :D I agree though, a tired dog is a good dog, especially since they aren't bouncing around the house worrying as much when you leave.

Alright, so I've been slacking on posting (but not on my 'escape'!) my routine has stayed relatively the same. The day after my last post was triceps and chest day... Chest day is best day. Followed next by legs day (do not skip legs!) and then pulling back into biceps and upper back. I promise to get into more detail as mentioned above I just have a hectic work schedule but am adapting to adding updating you guys to the schedule. Just bear with halen and I :D (I will try to teach him to type but he keeps using the whole 'no thumbs excuse' )

• Like 2

MistaGrant

level 1

Just swinging by to say "Hi" and see how you're doing.  Glad that you're keeping up with the workouts. Post when you can!!

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

Hey there!!  Today's the last day of the challenge, officially.  (Many of us keep updating threads and continuing to maintain new habits between challenges ... but we're just weird!)

How did you do??  At this point, you can also think about what guild you want to join for the upcoming challenge - starting sometime in June.  Where do you think you fit in best??

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines