• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LittleTurtle

Mini Challenge #4 - Sense of Taste AND Touch

Hello Druids!  For our Week 4 minichallenge, we will be focusing on taste and touch.

For taste:  Really focus on what exactly it is about the foods you are eating that you very much enjoy or very much detest.  Try a completely new food item that you've been hesitant to in the past.  Tell us what you think about that new food.  Does it remind you of something else?  What about the taste do you like or not care for and why do you think that is?

For touch:  This can be anything from how the sun feels on your skin or the rain and wind feel on your face.  Perhaps you have a pet and snuggling with it calms you.  You can even use touch to describe the "mouth feel" of what you do or don't like about certain foods.  Many of us are "texture" eaters.  So perhaps one of the big reasons you might like potato chips is the crunch.  Certains people might hate grapes because of the way they pop in their mouth.

Let us know what you discover and remember to be descriptive.

:frog:

Taste: Black Coffee - I like how it tastes dark, rich, and slightly bitter.

Touch: Open windows in the evening with a slight cool breeze flowing into the living room.

After 10 days of eating 2 hard boiled eggs a day, I can safely say that I hate almost everything about them.  The texture, the smell, the rubbery feel while I chew them.  Ugh!  I am so done with hard boiled eggs for awhile.

Touch

I did yoga outside yesterday. The warm sun touched me on my back, at the same time as the wind caressed my skin. It was lovely.

• Like 1

Touch -

We had a horrific hail storm last night.  The hailstones were so large, I had to run outside once it stopped and grab one to take a picture.  It was wet, FREEZING cold, smooth, and hard.  I cannot believe we lucked out and didn't have any visible damage to our house...just some trees that took a beating.

Touch: I've been working outside a lot this past week making a garden and setting up a deck.  The feel of the wood as I work with it to create something.  The texture of the grain and the smell of a fresh cut are comforting.  The feel of metal hitting my thumb as I miss a hit with the mallet...  

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this