How to make the most of weekend adventures

Does anyone have any experience or tips for coordinating weekend camping adventures? Or how to make the most of a 2 to 3 day adventure time limit?

Coordinating work schedules for bf and me (and possibly our friends) is hard but we both like doing fun outdoorsy things and want to make the most of the nicer weather when we can.

Specific request for Jersey rebels - what are your favorite campsites? Preferably ones that don't ban alcohol (bf's request)

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

I guess the big thing for me would be to have everything ready to go as soon as I get the inclination, so I'd have a packed rucksack ready to grab as soon as it's sunny!

My boss has been so mean with my holiday allowance this year; I'm only allowed long weekends and no week-long breaks, so I'm really interested to see what advice everyone has.

Reading this article from one of my favourite websites for inspiration. Good luck!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

I only work 4 days a week (but 10 hours each day) so I tend to make use of my 3 day weekends quite frequently.  Although usually for skiing during the winter.  My only advice is try to find somewhere relatively close to home so to maximize the fun time!  You don't want to spend all your time driving somewhere. :) I'm sure you already figured that out, but it really can make a difference!

Sorry I have no advice for Jersey...I'm way out in Utah!

I guess the big thing for me would be to have everything ready to go as soon as I get the inclination, so I'd have a packed rucksack ready to grab as soon as it's sunny!

My boss has been so mean with my holiday allowance this year; I'm only allowed long weekends and no week-long breaks, so I'm really interested to see what advice everyone has.

Reading this article from one of my favourite websites for inspiration. Good luck!

That article is awesome, thanks for the link. At website does have some great stuff. Sorry to hear that your boss isn't giving you much holiday time :(

I only work 4 days a week (but 10 hours each day) so I tend to make use of my 3 day weekends quite frequently.  Although usually for skiing during the winter.  My only advice is try to find somewhere relatively close to home so to maximize the fun time!  You don't want to spend all your time driving somewhere. :) I'm sure you already figured that out, but it really can make a difference!

Sorry I have no advice for Jersey...I'm way out in Utah!

We have a number of places within an hour or two of home, I think we just need to be less picky about where we want to go. ;) And you're right, it never feels much like a vacation if 1/3 of the trip is driving time.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

I have taken numerous "long" weekend trips. Sometimes, I even manage to combine work and play. I do research for a living. Last year, there was a conference in Munich. The conference was for 3 days so I took the rest of the weekend off and booked a flight back to the states on Tuesday (cheapest flight day). Therefore, for 3 days, I saw a lot of Germany - one day, Munich in detail with a bunch of other academics and then 2 other days on my own.

Interestingly, a bunch of these over the last 4 years have accrued into most excellent experiences all over the world.

• Like 1

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

I like to put a bit of pre trip planning in so I am ready to go Friday night and don't rush back too early on Sunday.

I usually head for a beach, regardless of the time of year a weekend by the coast always seems to stretch a weekend out.

If there's hiking involved, get very thing ready so you know where your toning, food planned etc, but if it's a veg weekend I like to keep the food flexible.

Just pick a weekend and jump in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!