Qiunx the cosplayer saying hi

I have been following nerd fitness for a bit, but this is the first time I have joined the fourm. I was really inspired by a cosplayer who worked hard, and became healthy. I also wanna be healthy in a way to build my confidence. I have fallen off the wagon many times, and come to find I am not going paleo.

I am going victorian. It is more do to the fact in January 2015 I am going to be cosplaying historical correct Cinddrella, and I wanna feel the part. Also I love all things from that era in time.

I hope my goal of dropping about 30lbs will help too. I plan to work out a minimum of 60 mins a day.

I wanna be confident in my costumes and not bent over feeling fat and unattractive. I plan to cook all my foods that I want to eat and limit modern conveniences. Ie I will not be buying cakes at the store. If I want a cake I have to make it from scratch. And portion it for several days of eating.

Any advice or tips would be loved. I am very new to diets and working out. I just have a not so much love for vegetables

• Like 1

I have found that as i've gotten older my tastes have changed. For example, i used to HATE carrots. Thought they were as bad as brussel sprouts. But here i sit eating a bag of raw carrots like they are tasty potato chips. Go figure! Maybe try some veggies that you havent had in a while and cook em different ways to find a way you like. Maybe you just prefer them a little more crisp, or with a little seasoning. I found that if i added cinnamon, and sometimes nutmeg, to a sweet potato it is the most delicous thing i have ever tasted. Who would have thought?! I even ate green beans the other day.. THE HORROR! :)

And if you have a bad day and topple off that wagon, just get right back on. Dont wait for the next day or the next week. Make the next meal or snack a healthy one. And good luck! :)

• Like 1

*HEAVY METAL GUITAR RIFFS AND EXPLOSIONS*
AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH~!
Welcoming commitee, ASSEMBLE!

Su cuy'gar, Qinux. I'm the King of Lame, WELCOME TO THE REBELLION!
As a newbie cosplayer and as someone who wants to live healthier(like everyone else on here), I would love to help you (again, like everyone else on here).
As you'll see over the course of your time here, Nerd Fitness is unlike any other fitness forum site. The scamps that make up the Rebellion are some of the most supportive and understanding people you'll meet. We have people that have been through every struggle you can think of so the resevior of knowledge at your disposal is pretty vast. If you ever have questions or have trouble with anything(motivation, form, tips and tricks and cheat codes) there is someone on here that can help. We'll do what we can to help out.

So now that the official heartfelt introduction is done...
Let's talk cosplay!

You want to be a historically accurate Cinderella? Alllllrighty then! Do you have an image of reference to how you want to look or is it measurements?

What do you plan on doing for your workouts to get to your goal?
Did you workout somewhat regularly before?
I ask because while a hour isn't a bad amount of time to work out, it can sometimes be a demotivation. Depending on the day you've had and/or the time you have to yourself that day.

Also, we have a thing on here: Having the mindset of "diet" means that it's more of a temporary thing. If you want to change things, start small: less soda throughout the week, for example.

Little changes make big impacts. As your continue on your road to betterment you can start changing more things. How many? As many as you think you can handle, you're in control of your program.

Sammie has a good idea too, trying old foods you didn't like might give you more options for healthy foods. If you like them of course. And take what Sammie said about the wagon and gravity checks and really take it to heart. I have a friend that feels really bad after she slips and beats herself up over it. Don't be like her, be smart and forgive yourself for the slip, but try not to do it again. No punishing yourself.

Now with all that I shall bid you adieu.
Should you ever have questions or need assitance, I shall do what I can.
Good luck and may your journey be difficult and greatly rewarding!
Stay rebelious, Nerds!

Cin vhetin. Ca'nara at am, vod!

0.5%
0.5%

Race: Gallifreyan.

Class: Vigilante (Ranger/ Assassin/ Monk)

Current Class: Assassin

Level: 3 Level Per Class: 2/ 1/ 0
STR: 4 DEX: 4
STA: 6 CON: 6
WIS: 4 CHA: 5