• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bigm141414

Salubrious Spring Strength Skirmish! May 26th-June 9th, 2014

I know I promised an updated for today but I am afraid I will have to postpone until Sunday or Tuesday. For the first time in like ever my spotter/gym buddy missed one of our work outs. Combine that with a slightly sprained wrist and you understand why you must wait for the goodies =)

Re-psyching for Sunday! (or tuesday) =)

I was able to get my lifts in today. It was my first time doing anything like this (ie maxing the Big 3 in one day)...

squats - 275 lbs (3rd attempt)

bench - 245 lbs (2nd attempt, failed 3rd)

deadlift - 345 lbs (1st attempt, failed 2nd and 3rd)

Normalized Wilks Score = 234.37  (I have no idea if that is good or bad, not that it matters since I am really just setting a benchmark for myself)

Having no experience, I did not realize what the toll would be from the squats. It definitely made the deadlifts more interesting...

Squat video below, then my phone battery died :(

• Like 2

Procedural question: I presume this all has to be done in one session, correct? For example, If I was already planning on doing these lifts during different gym trips this week, that would not be kosher?

I'm in, but maybe just for one lift.  Accidentally maxed out on DL today so that may be all, since I have a push/pull June 21st, so not sure I should max out again in the next 2 weeks.

I'm in, but maybe just for one lift.  Accidentally maxed out on DL today so that may be all, since I have a push/pull June 21st, so not sure I should max out again in the next 2 weeks.

"Accidentally" 

• Like 2

I was able to get my lifts in today. It was my first time doing anything like this (ie maxing the Big 3 in one day)...

squats - 275 lbs (3rd attempt)

bench - 245 lbs (2nd attempt, failed 3rd)

deadlift - 345 lbs (1st attempt, failed 2nd and 3rd)

Normalized Wilks Score = 234.37  (I have no idea if that is good or bad, not that it matters since I am really just setting a benchmark for myself)

Check out the Ranger kicking ass :)

Well done mate, those lifts are well ahead of me. I'm going to have a word with my coach and see if we can get the lifts in next weekend before the deadline. 

• Like 1

There's a strong possibility I will compete for the total. For now I've got a bench number.

Yes I realize that I'll have to do bench again if I total. Yes I realize the first bench won't count.

Set 1: 275

Set 2: 305

Set 3: 320

And a video for good measure of the final lift. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69myn1793tz998q/2014-05-28%2020.02.38.mov

So, at first I thought you had listed your weights in kilos. Almost crapped myself at the thought of benching 320kg

• Like 1

There's a strong possibility I will compete for the total. For now I've got a bench number.

Yes I realize that I'll have to do bench again if I total. Yes I realize the first bench won't count.

Set 1: 275

Set 2: 305

Set 3: 320

And a video for good measure of the final lift.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69myn1793tz998q/2014-05-28%2020.02.38.mov

Flex,

I believe you have to perform all the lifts in the same session as if you were in a meet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Flex,

I believe you have to perform all the lifts in the same session as if you were in a meet.

He knows, that why he talked about having to redo bench if he goes for a total. This will count if he wants to compete in only bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flex,

Gainsdalf hit it. Basically it's like I'm in a bench only competition right now. If I end up deciding to compete in everything I'll scrap the previous numbers do Squat, Bench, Dead like everyone else.

Gainsdalf hit it. Basically it's like I'm in a bench only competition right now. If I end up deciding to compete in everything I'll scrap the previous numbers do Squat, Bench, Dead like everyone else.

My bad! I totally didnt see the statement before thw numbers. Thats what i get for reading on thw treadmill!

Went in today and put in my work.

Squat: 205lbs, 225lbs failed, 215lbs

Bench: 185lbs, 205lbs, 225 lbs failed. Should have just done 215lbs but I'm a dummy.

DL: 315lbs, 365lbs failed, 335lbs. Shouldn't have tried going up so much but I was confident. You got to risk it for the biscuit.

Total of 755, I'll take it.

Weighed in at 215lbs this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Discussed with my coach, I'm going to join in, will do the lifts in a PT session next Sat so I have a spotter. Will also be videoing the attempts and using an app that shows bar path.  Not videoed any of my lifts before so hoping to get some good analysis of form too.

My first ever lifting comp, I'm ridiculously excited :D

@wovercast I checked the sheet, you're 24kg heavier than me so if I can hit a squat PR I'm in with a chance of getting you on that one, based on Wilks. I'm hunting you down, Ranger style!  :excitement: 

• Like 2

So, at first I thought you had listed your weights in kilos. Almost crapped myself at the thought of benching 320kg

Terrifyingly, someone has done more than 320kg (raw) for bench.

I just figure anyone lifting that much weight would be too busy doing actual meets than to waste time here with us. I was about ready to just throw in the towel then and there. Granted, looking at everyone's numbers, I'm still going to get trounced. Going to set some PRs though!