Hi guys,

I've been battling my weight since childhood. I'm now 30, 320ish lbs with a prescription list as long as my arm. I have zero mobility/flexibility and the worst postural issues you've seen. I took up powerlifting style training a couple of months ago and am really looking for a place for a little additional support really.

Hey.  I'm joining your club other than I'm 12 years older than you and about 50 more pounds.  Diagnosed as Type II back in March after a BS episode of 350.  Now I'm down to 110's with a long acting basal insulin (beats all of the side effects of the other diabetes drugs).

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

HI! and welcome to the rebellion!!!

we have a six weeek challenge that will start on the 9th! you should totally join us!!

I have lost 100# and am no longer considered diabetic... brought my a1c from 14+ down to 5.3... and I can do things I never could have imagined 10 years ago...

you can do this!!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Feel free to message me if you have questions about the challenges... I'd love to help you beat this!

The evil monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hello Rossco!

I'm 5'7" and 290, type 2 diabetic. I know I've got over 100 pounds to lose, so I am breaking it down into percentages. Right now, my goal is 10%, which is 29 pounds. 

A big thing for me is changing how I eat - I am committed to eating healthier (more primal than paleo as I still eat dairy) but I have to watch the side effects of that stupid Metformin. Too bad my medication cannot tell the difference between a healthy fat and a non-healthy fat  :nonchalance:

I've been inactive for at least a year, so I am not an expert but you can message me at any time. We all need people to talk to who understand!

Level One Water Elf

STR 2/DEX 2/STA 2/CON 1/WIS 3/CHA 5

^^^ I have no actual idea what that means. 

Goal right now: 10% body weight loss. 

Hi guys,

I've been battling my weight since childhood. I'm now 30, 320ish lbs with a prescription list as long as my arm. I have zero mobility/flexibility and the worst postural issues you've seen. I took up powerlifting style training a couple of months ago and am really looking for a place for a little additional support really.

welcome.

Saw your form check as well. You mentioned a brother helping you. What is your atheletic background? Do you have a trainer you are working with?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

welcome.

Saw your form check as well. You mentioned a brother helping you. What is your atheletic background? Do you have a trainer you are working with?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thank you buddy.

My brother competes in powerlifting, but because of his family commitments our time in the gym is very limited, so he basically goes left when we get to the gym and I go right. Occasionally he'll shout out advice when he sees my form break down. Other than that I work alone. I played rugby through school but haven't played since I was 19 (11 years). I joined the gym last summer but only lasted 2 months. It was a bit too soon for me.