Lurker turned Rebel

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker of these forums. I'm Kristen but you can call me Rinn. Nice to meet everyone!

Little bit about me:

I'm 29, 5'1" and 128 lbs - doesn't seem like alot but it certainly feels that way on my small frame. I have been working a desk job for the past 3 years and every day is pretty much the same pattern of mental exhaustion at work only to come home and not want to do anything. Bummer. In my younger years I participated in all manner of sports: figure skating, ringette, volleyball, soccer, track, softball, rode my bike everywhere... I remember how free and energized I felt, and how good it felt to be a part of something.

When I got married in 2004 I was at my peak weight of 135lbs, again, small frame... so uncomfortable. At that point I was completely off track.

Two years ago I followed a very strict paleo approach to eating and had good results to the tune of about 15 lbs weight loss but I have since gained it all back through a number of factors that I only see now as lame excuses. During that time I did zero exercise so I was thin AND weak to boot - but no longer!

Here are my starting goals:

Exercise in the mornings at least 5 times per week, varied bodyweight exercises

Return to a more strict paleo approach of eating

Become stronger, build muscle

Join and complete my first NF 6 week challenge

Become a part of something awesome and positive, namely the NF community

Thanks all for reading and I look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Edit: Totally forgot to include my nerd aspect of the whole Nerd Fitness thing. Used to be an avid gamer, now turned avid reader. MMOs were my thing for a while and RPGs, mostly Final Fantasy stuff. Now I just read and read and read. I'm also doing some distance University for some Accounting credentials while I hold a job in the same field. Yay math!

Welcome to the rebellion Rinn!  Everyone is here to help you out!

OMG yes final fantasy. I'm obsessed with VII to the stage where I play through it at least once a year. And love your avatar there Reala!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final Fantasy is incredible! 

My brother and I are developing an unofficial table top Final Fantasy* gaming system. so we're nerds.... 

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

Thanks Reala and Valerius :)

Tabletop Final Fantasy? That sounds pretty sweet! Seems like a huge undertaking as there is so much material there.

I've been following along with Wil Wheaton's 'Tabletop' series, it's a pretty cool show on youtube, Geek and Sundry channel I think is where it is.

There are alot of games on the show I would play if only I knew more people who would actually sit down and play them...

Like Catan, I loooove Catan. and Cards Against Humanity.