Hi! I'm Julie, 22. Super new to the Rebellion and super psyched to be here.

This isn't my first time putting my shoes on and getting out the door, as it were, but it is my first time doing it with a community. I'm really locking myself in, here. The fact that this post exists is bigger than I'd like to say, because I'm admitting it's going to take a little more than prayer and focus to make this happen.

I'm pretty solitary when it comes to exercising, because it's the only way I can really focus. So, proximity isn't really necessary, but having someone to talk to would be great!

Main focuses are in getting stronger and running endurance right now, as well as testing the vast waters of paleo. (All in bite-size steps. One thing at a time.) An accountibilibuddy with similar focuses is cool, but totally not necessary. Actually, the contrast of my ranger against someone else's warrior would be kinda cool.

I'm also super in this to just build my tolerance and energy level overall. So that I can take more, do more, help more, talk more with my loved ones and people than need it.

Starting weight is 208 lbs (94 kilos), goal weight is 130 lbs (59 kilos).

Alter-ego me is super confident and quippy, unafraid of getting her hands dirty trying something new.

Ultimately, I want to make myself the best possible vessel to bring some much-needed positivity and love to this world. No stranger will walk away from speaking to me feeling brushed off.

Will you join me in this effort?

Happy, Healthy, Strong!
130 lbs

12%
12%

SW: 208
CW: 198
GW: 130

Current challenge:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49868-juudar-slays-chickens/

I too am a loner at the gym and on my bike rides (I bike commute to work) so I know what you're talking about. I'll be here to cheer you on!!!

BTW, I also find that being accountable to someone else is good but being accountable to myself is better and for that, I post every workout to my battle log and in the paper journal I carry to the gym with me. In fact, in the paper journal, I write notes to myself when I don't exercise such as "just didn't feel like going to the gym tonight, would rather eat ice cream and watch a movie but I have to go tomorrow, no excuses".

Challenge Logs: Current Challenge 3 2 1 Battlelog

Origin of Name:

FN: Julian -> Jules -> Family Jewels -> Family

LN: Rickards = Canadian brand of Beer -> Beer

Call me "FamilyBeer" (or just Jules)

Thanks for the support, brother! I took a glance at your battle logs and you are quite meticulous. I admire your attention to detail. That's a great way to go about it.

My self accountability mostly relies on doing something similar, except coming from the top instead of looking back. I choose the thing I'm about to do (hork down ice cream, go for a run, put sugar in my coffee, try the NF Training Session, etc.) The only thing I'm victim to, here, is myself and my ability to make a good, body-aware decision. Closing that gap little by little every day.

Happy, Healthy, Strong!
130 lbs

12%
12%

SW: 208
CW: 198
GW: 130

Current challenge:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49868-juudar-slays-chickens/