I don't know what to say...I'm incredibly shy unless you guys wanna pretend you're in a clinic or hospital bed...I'm a nursing student, btw.

I'll be working on myself and then starting the next challenge in June. So far, I just have a main goal of fitting back into my clothes (I refuse to/have no money to buy new ones, so it's sort of critical) and becoming an Assassin. The past year of schooling has destroyed my waistline and inner balance. I'll be working out the other aspects of the upcoming challenge this week. I have summer classes now and this is a good time for me to transition into working on long term fitness goals so I can maintain them through the rest of my RN program.

I love the Nerd Fitness site, and have been watching it and getting the email updates for a creepy long time without joining, all stalker-like. I'm not one for groups normally, but I like off-the-cuff humor and also that everyone here respects everyone else. 

Thanks for being awesome. AlleyKat is finally ready for allies.

AlleyKat

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

First one will be long term for me - I have minimal upper body strength currently.

1. I want to be able to do a pull up so badly that I can taste the bar. I have no current time frame for this because I have no idea how to judge a time frame on that.

2. I want to workout at least 4x a week for 30 min. 3 months (longer, but this is a start). 

3. I want to get back to my pre-school weight of 130 by graduation with minimal/hopefully no loss of muscle mass. So, 24 pounds in 6.5 months.

4. I want to be a role model for my daughter. I want her to see that beauty can be strong and self-assured and is not scrawny, breakable, and meek.

Love that you're dwarf-amazon!!!! I have no race, yet. :)

• Like 1

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

Hi AlleyKat!

I'm in the same boat with upper body strength and bought a pull-up bar last weekend....I have yet to put it up though, I'm waiting for someone who is a little more handy to do it for me (every picture I've attempted to hang has fallen, so I don't want to meet that same fate!) 

Awesome goals! Do you have a gym membership or access to one by chance? When I used to start to work out I would usually fall off the wagon within a week- recently I joined a gym and started taking classes (spinning mostly), and the little community/people I met through it have held me accountable for showing up! It's nice and for some reason seems to take a little of the pressure off, I'm on my 3rd week of surpassing my goals both time wise and frequency. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Howdy!

Good idea on the pull-up bar! That would be a pretty nasty fall! My husband put one up in an inconspicuous doorway a few years ago at our house.

I have access to my school's gym, and there's also a few girls in the class I'm in that are fitness buffs. I am a pretty solitary person, though I'm trying to change that. The gym is a great idea, and one I hadn't considered...maybe it'll take out two birds - fitness and a tendency toward isolation- with one stone.

Congrats on surpassing your goals and GREAT pic!

-Carl Sagan

Hehehe, thank you :)

I'm the same way solitary-wise, I've found that I'm extremely awkward as a person and I usually avoid people because of it, which makes me come off as a little bitchy. So at the gym now I'm actively trying to push myself to talk to people and every one so far has been very very friendly and extremely helpful. I've found that the fitter people are always the first to help and offer advice- from what I've seen fitness buffs love to talk about fitness!! Which is a win win, they get to talk about what they love and you get to learn. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

"Extremely awkward as a person" that's it EXACTLY!! You nailed it with that. :) 

I'm going to just label everyone as extremely awkward as a person from now on. That way if interactions get odd, it can be their problem as well. 

I'll get out there today and see what happens. Thanks for the little push...and the people advice!!! 

-Carl Sagan

If nothing else, you'll have a new story! I have a proud collection now that I found helps me laugh at myself and works great as an ice breaker at parties. The more you can laugh, the more you'll do it, the better at interacting with people you become. 

I once put a dollar in someones cup thinking they were homeless- they were not homeless and I ruined some poor guys coffee. After that I have little to no shame, every time I get nervous I think "well at least I'm not burning my hand in some dudes coffee"

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

I'm late to this cat-party (love the cat themed icons) but I just wanted to say I totally feel you on the pull-up bit and the no upper body strength. Strength for me is something I have never truly had but am striving to attain. Best of luck with your goals and nice to meet you :)

At this point I think my 3 cats are stronger than I am! They can do parkour like nothing. So unfair! Haha :nevreness:

I once put a dollar in someones cup thinking they were homeless- they were not homeless and I ruined some poor guys coffee. After that I have little to no shame, every time I get nervous I think "well at least I'm not burning my hand in some dudes coffee"

Bwahahahahaha. This sounds like something I would do.

My personal motto (well, one of them anyway) is "ain't no shame in my game". Haha. But it's basically true.

• Like 1

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hi, AlleyKat! Welcome to the Rebellion.

Wow, I love your goals!  Especially that you're doing this for your daughter. That's something really special.

We can all relate to awkward in some way, definitely. No shame! Every interaction and attempt is a chance to learn all sorts of awesome stuff, whether through success or failure! :) Go get 'em!

Happy, Healthy, Strong!
130 lbs

12%
12%

SW: 208
CW: 198
GW: 130

Current challenge:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49868-juudar-slays-chickens/

The coffee story is made of pure awesome!

One of the things they teach us in school is to repeat back what other people have said, specifically the last important word (it leads them to delve more into the meaning / resolution behind whatever it was). I do that quite a bit now, and it helps. I guess the biggest thing I have a problem with is breaking away from conversations politely. I have stuff to do...I want to do it... I have to figure out how to relax in conversation without being goal-driven I suppose. Repeating back the last important word isn't a great way to leave someone. 

Later on, I think I'll make one of my life goals speaking to _ # of people outside my immediate family and classmates everyday. I'll get over myself.

Anyhoo, I went to the gym but, as thee almighty 'Gods 'O Humorous Irony' made it so, there was no one there. I have no idea what to do with most of the equipment. So, I'll look around here and figure out what to do there. 

I have 2 cats, and man those guys are built! One of them gets spooked fairly easily and can jump straight up about 4 feet from the ground from a still position. The other one is pretty good at walking across the backs of wooden kitchen chairs. I can only dream of such things.

-Carl Sagan

Hi, nice to meet you!

Saw the cat icon XD what kinda cats have you got?

Mine is a bit ditzy actually, she runs into walls and doesnt land on her feet.. Im thinking im a bad influence probs XP

im glad that im not the only awkward person around XD dealing with people in real life can be nerve wracking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Current ChallengePrevious Challenge, Daily Battle Log

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 1

Hi there!

Your story is creepy similar to mine....people awkwardness haha! I understand that perfectly! I am also looking to fit back into my clothes (refuse to buy new ones as well). I am taking summer classes and for the next challenge I am looking at handstands and assassin status!  :pride: I would love to be your ally!

Rosalin

Human Assassin Level 2

STR: 4

DEX: 3

STA:1

CON:1

WIS: 4

CHA: 3

::Battle Log::

Because I'm too young to feel this old.

Train like your evil twin is plotting to kill you!

I have two seal-point Siamese mixes - they are bother and sister. I'm their step-mom, I suppose, as I married into them. :)

I used to know someone who had a cat whose whiskers had been cut on one side and couldn't balance at all.

I'm not quite handstand material YET. I will be one day... Allies it is!!!

• Like 2

-Carl Sagan

"Extremely awkward as a person" that's it EXACTLY!! You nailed it with that. :)

I'm going to just label everyone as extremely awkward as a person from now on. That way if interactions get odd, it can be their problem as well. 

I'll get out there today and see what happens. Thanks for the little push...and the people advice!!! 

everyone IS awkward... and anyone who says they aren't is lying or selling something

I have two seal-point Siamese mixes - they are bother and sister. I'm their step-mom, I suppose, as I married into them. :)

I used to know someone who had a cat whose whiskers had been cut on one side and couldn't balance at all.

I'm not quite handstand material YET. I will be one day... Allies it is!!!

hey man... I started doing the http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/10/24/how-to-handstand-better-than-luke-skywalker/ practice... when I was much weaker.... I still can't handstand but I have LOADS of fun trying... AND I can do a supported one armed handstand now... so awesome!!

have you thought about joining the 6wc??

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I just now figured out that the "My Content" area shows stuff that's been posted on.

That's amazing on the one armed handstand!!!!!

I started the Level 1 6WC on 6/9 and have been meeting my goals for that. I'm super excited about it. In the past I've always tried things with some perfectionist-based ideal that I would do whatever it was FOREVER, then get freaking out by the idea of that somewhere and drop whatever it was. Knowing if something blows that it's only going to blow for six weeks is so much more realistic and comforting.

I hadn't seen the handstand post before. I will probably mix it into my 2nd or 3rd challenge. Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

-Carl Sagan

Can you link me your thread for the 6wc? I have a feeling I wanna watch you be awesome

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move