[May 20 - September 4] 20 Pound Challenge

I'm an IT geek and it still makes me ask ... what did we do before things like Google Sheets?!? What a PITA it was to do such a thing then!

Darwins_Demon ... I added you to my circles. I'm Quintin Holmberg when the notification comes through.

I've had that google account for 5 years and you are the first.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Here' the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aGZpSHOl211reOZAlD9D-HXQKK0m7a9W4MTmBz1Io_s/edit#gid=0

Broba, if you can just copy and paste it to the first post that'd make it a lot easier to find.

Others: I've added all those who are listed on the first post as participants. Please check the link to make sure you can access it, and make sure your data is correct.

I included some brief instructions. Basically, just add your name to a row, and add weekly weigh-ins, by column, and update your current weight each time.

For weekly weigh-ins, I included instructions to either include whatever your weekly is, or if you "obsess too much on a daily basis", you can also just add your lowest weight from the previous week. As we all know by now weight fluctuates a lot and I think that is fair enough.

Excellent work, my friend. Thank you!

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Excellent work, my friend. Thank you!

No problem!

I just threw it together and used my best, spurious judgement without discussing anything so I won't be insulted if you or anyone would like to make changes.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

No problem!

I just threw it together and used my best, spurious judgement without discussing anything so I won't be insulted if you or anyone would like to make changes.

My OCD may cause me to alphabetize it when new people join up.

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Welcome, VTSPE772! I've become a lot stronger doing SL 5x5 for the past 12 weeks, I'm sure you'll see results as well. Nice recruitment work, SD! The more warriors, the better! :D

I would also be re-missed if I didn't thanks Cardinal22...he posted the link to this PvP on my Challenge thread!  So Thanks Cardinal22, the innocent bystander!!

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

You warriors are crazy! I'm here for the cheers so.... DO ALL THE THINGS!

Booze will be a struggle. My wife likes her after work wine and usually wants to share the bottle. She knows my fitness goals, but always tries to tempt me with "just a sip won't affect your diet". Just a sip usually turns into more, so it's best that I avoid it all together. The bigger issue is that we're very social with our friend group and that always involves copious amounts of alcohol. I guess I'll just start having to make mine a double water on the rocks with lime.

Tell your wife that you will have a sip on the weekends but no alcohol on weekdays. I think this will help you to still socialize and not hurting her feelings (women are strange, you know?) and still keep up with you diet.

You could order 1(!!) really fancy and expensive drink and the rest of the evening is booze free.

Or you can give it up all together if you are strong enough. I wouldn't be.

I love my fruit wines :D

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

I'm late, but I'm in!! Need to figure out how to sign up

LumpySpacePrincess, Level 0 Satyress

Adventurer, Druid at heart

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

20lb challenge (May 20th-July13th)

36.5%
36.5%

Lose 15 pounds during first challenge (June 9th-July 20th)

48.7%
48.7%

Starting stats
    Weight: 204.6
    Bodyfat: 43.2%

Current stats
    Weight: 197.3
    Bodyfat: 40.1%
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.†-Mahatma Gandhi

The link to the spreadsheet is on the first post. Just go to it and add your stats to the list.

I tried! Don't know my phone keeps saying that it can't access the doc and to check the Internet connection, smh. And my company has blocked it so I can't access from my work computer, ugh! Might have to try when I get home tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

36.5%
36.5%

48.7%
48.7%

Starting stats

Current stats
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.†-Mahatma Gandhi

I tried! Don't know my phone keeps saying that it can't access the doc and to check the Internet connection, smh. And my company has blocked it so I can't access from my work computer, ugh! Might have to try when I get home tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hmm...

Has any body else had problems?

If so I might have to check the settings on the document.

This message was generated by a room full of monkeys typing randomly--as you can see, they are far from producing Shakespeare.

--Stronkey Kong--

Hmm...

Has any body else had problems?

If so I might have to check the settings on the document.

This message was generated by a room full of monkeys typing randomly--as you can see, they are far from producing Shakespeare.

No pRoblems from my end. .. and I even edited the sheet cuz my name was off. ..

I did download the GOOGLE app called "sheets" on my phone but haven't tried that version yet.

~Damn you auto-correct~

• Like 1

About Me)

I did download the GOOGLE app called "sheets" on my phone but haven't tried that version yet.

~Damn you auto-correct~

Gone or misspelled?

--Stronkey Kong--

Sorry. .. misspelled.

~Damn you auto-correct~

About Me)

Late comer to the party. Count me in!

Hi all. 5'4 and starting weight of 253.5lb in November 2013 and down to 231lb on the start of this current 6 week challenge. Last weight in on May 18th, at 218lb.

Doing bbww as my main workout and spend around 3 hours at the kitchen daily every morning-preparing and cooking food to sell at the local market. Also, doing some farming activity in the evening. Gone are the days being desk bound working 9-5 in the office.

I credit the weight loss for being more active (on my feet most of the time) and also for cutting junk/fast food from my diet (working late in the office? ~eatjunk/ fast food). Nowadays, I prepare my food from scratch.

Would like to participate my first 5k marathon before the end of this year and so..I am thinking of incorporating some running/jogging exercise in my next challenge to achieve this. Oh. And my brother has been telling me and my eldest son to practise Muay Thai - he's a certified coach - but Im not ready for that (my son wanted to but only if Im in).

That's the only thing I can think off now. Bbww, running/jogging and eating Paleo. I am also thinking about tracking my calorie intake but Im not sure how to do it right. MFP? I do have an account but how accurate is that?

Now that I'm in...what is the next course of action?

Last but not least...enjoy your weekend, all!

• Like 4

-ER-

Level 2, Half-Orc, Adventurer

STR 3, DEX 1, STA 3, CON 3, WIS 3, CHA 1

ernahr's 2014 Daily Battle Log  

6 Weeks Challenge : Current , 1st

Starting Weight (Nov'13) = 115kg / Goal Weight = 67kg / Current Weight (June 18th, 2014) = 99kg

13.9%
13.9%

PvP 20lbs Weight Loss Challenge

0%
0%

I think there is a spread sheet on page 1 where you should sign in your starting stats and then.... keep it rocking!

(btw: love your live!)

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Late comer to the party. Count me in!

Hi all. 5'4 and starting weight of 253.5lb in November 2013 and down to 231lb on the start of this current 6 week challenge. Last weight in on May 18th, at 218lb.

Doing bbww as my main workout and spend around 3 hours at the kitchen daily every morning-preparing and cooking food to sell at the local market. Also, doing some farming activity in the evening. Gone are the days being desk bound working 9-5 in the office.

I credit the weight loss for being more active (on my feet most of the time) and also for cutting junk/fast food from my diet (working late in the office? ~eatjunk/ fast food). Nowadays, I prepare my food from scratch.

Would like to participate my first 5k marathon before the end of this year and so..I am thinking of incorporating some running/jogging exercise in my next challenge to achieve this. Oh. And my brother has been telling me and my eldest son to practise Muay Thai - he's a certified coach - but Im not ready for that (my son wanted to but only if Im in).

That's the only thing I can think off now. Bbww, running/jogging and eating Paleo. I am also thinking about tracking my calorie intake but Im not sure how to do it right. MFP? I do have an account but how accurate is that?

Now that I'm in...what is the next course of action?

Last but not least...enjoy your weekend, all!

Impressive weight loss so far.keep it up and I'm sure you'll smoke all of us.

MFP is great and easy, but be sure to spot check your entries, especially for new food items. A lot of the data is user entered, and some users are stupid or lazy.

• Like 3

--Stronkey Kong--

I did download the GOOGLE app called "sheets" on my phone but haven't tried that version

Boom! I'm in! Google Sheets was the solution (never made it home yesterday so I had to make it work on my phone)

Thanks a billion for the suggestion!

• Like 2

36.5%
36.5%

48.7%
48.7%

Starting stats

Current stats

Official weigh in this morning is 248.4. So, 252.4 - 248.4 = 4 lbs this week.

Some of that is water weight due to having strayed from my diet path the couple weeks before joining this challenge but, at this point, I'll take it any way I can get It!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Challenges: Current:Quilaho's L1 Challenge

Battle Log:Q's Warrior Path

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

LinkedIn | TwitterFacebook

Please send me a message here at NF if you are going to send a request

I've lost 3.5lbs this week!

hell yeah!!! that's awesome. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Official weigh in this morning is 248.4. So, 252.4 - 248.4 = 4 lbs this week.

Some of that is water weight due to having strayed from my diet path the couple weeks before joining this challenge but, at this point, I'll take it any way I can get It!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hell yeah! can't ask for more than that. i can relate to the straying diet. visiting family and my leniency nearly killed mine. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I'm down 2 lbs as of this morning.

Also, I changed my start weight back to what it was the day I started, 258. I originally wanted to only count weight from fat and thought I had too much water weight when I started. Plus I figured I'd actually contribute more to the total poundage lost.

I'm also down almost 1% body fat according to my measurements... which makes sense.

• Like 5

--Stronkey Kong--

Here's a tip for cutting calories without cutting flavor.

Dilute your salad dressings. Especially the thick creamy ones like ranch.

I usually go 2:1 dressing: water. The companies make these things so damn thick and rich, even diluted you get the flavor. In my opinion it's better because it's not overpowering. And, it coats the salad better.

--Stronkey Kong--