• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LittleTurtle

Mini Challenge #5 - ALL the Senses!!

Congratulations, Fellow Druids!  We've made it to the last week of the Six Week Challenge!! 

For the last mini challenge, try to incorporate all the senses together.  For example, taste and smell often come hand in hand.

See how many senses you can experience at the same time.  :D

We started to paint our garage yesterday.  The kids helped, so it was an indulgence of all 5 primary senses.  Hearing the kids say things to each other like my daughter saying "Good job, Ry!  It looks great" and my son saying "Thanks, Bear.  You are doing really good making straight lines" was a fun moment for a parent.  The feel of paint in hair is a little strange.  I had to wash it out of my son's hair because he thought it a good idea to lean up against the wall we were painting...  The smell of fresh paint, outside at least, is the smell of something old becoming new.  I enjoy it.  The taste of the paint because my 2 year old (almost 3, holy crap) goes a little overboard with the roller is not so good.  Glad it's not lead paint... My wife did make a snack for us afterwards that took the paint taste out.  She made a sour cream/cream cheese dip with some fresh basil we had grown.  Very good.  The sight of the now firebrick red garage is awesome.  We had changed our house siding last year after a tree decided to fall on it.  We went from a hum-drum slight blue on the house and neutral light tan on the garage to a nice deep red because it would mess with the people coming over to our house.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  

• Like 1

I went outside for lunch today and here is what I experienced:

Sight - Clear blue skies

Sound - Birds of all sorts singing, lawn mowers mowing, traffic driving by

Smell - Fresh cut grass, flowers, warm pavement

Touch - A soft breeze gently tousling my hair, the warm sun on my cheeks

Taste - A delicious sub sandwich and a crisp, juicy dill pickle

I discovered that I had the biggest smile on my face and nothing else mattered (at that moment).  It was one of the most zen experiences I've had in the last couple months.  I felt refreshed and relaxed.  Until I got back to work of course...

TEN.  MORE.  SCHOOL DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I biked to the store last night to get some groceries. It had been warm all day so air was just beginning to cool down and felt very fresh against my face. The lilacs are blooming so the scent was lovely and very strong and I saw some beautiful deep purple ones. Finally the birds were giving a beautiful late night concert.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this