Battle Log. Here it is!

I started this in 2012, inspired by Nerd Fitness. This is what I do instead of challenges now, as it's more long-term. i was doing both, but it was too much paperwork.

I'll explain as I earn points in each of the nine areas.

Nine Level 30

• Like 3

DWD

Hylian Scout

Sub'd! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Glad to have you back my friend!  :)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Woo, looks awesome! Glad to have you back!

Looking forward to seeing how that system of yours works. It looks neat :D

Now, let us fight together for Hyrule!!!

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Woo, looks awesome! Glad to have you back!

Looking forward to seeing how that system of yours works. It looks neat :D

Now, let us fight together for Hyrule!!!

Huzzah!

• Like 1

DWD

Hylian Scout

*wonders what's going on*

*decides if people are doing scouty things it doesn't really matter*

*wanders off*

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I finally got the review up on amazon.com - or at least I've submitted it. It's apparently "being processed" right now, whatever that means. Sorry it took me so long!

Very kind of you! Just finished the third short story of a compilation. They're parallel to the novel. Now for a cover and editing. When it's up, I'll send you a gift copy.

• Like 1

DWD

Hylian Scout

*wonders what's going on*

*decides if people are doing scouty things it doesn't really matter*

*wanders off*

What!? My vague indications of future explanations aren't self-explanatory? Maybe I'll have to actually write them then.

Scouty, scouty, scouty...

Say that five times fast and it becomes nonsense. I took my boys camping though. that's scouty!

• Like 1

DWD

Hylian Scout

Very kind of you! Just finished the third short story of a compilation. They're parallel to the novel. Now for a cover and editing. When it's up, I'll send you a gift copy.

Awesome, thank you!

I'm already looking forward to all the future story goodness! :)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

LEVEL UP!

Nine Level 31

What pushed me over was three points for finishing a 1/2 ironman triathlon as part of my training. Half ironman. So that would be aluminum man if we're going by number of nuclear protons, or silicon man if calculated with the atomic mass of iron's most common isotope (That sentence earns me a Nerd Fitness bonus point.)

You can see the three points by the VIII, under the bike wheel. When I finish the ironman next month, I get six.

I get to level up every nine points. Here's where some of the other points came from:

I - cross symbol. 12 weeks of mediation five times weekly (now working on 13)

I - book symbol. Studying religious and spiritual topics four times weekly for 6 weeks

II - blue heart. Being home for dinner with my family four times a week for 12 weeks

II - half-blue heart. Making breakfast for my kids four times weekly for 7 weeks.

VI - yellow parchment. I finished the cover for a collection of short stories. I should finish editing the stories this week, then I'll publish the ebook.

Woohoo!

• Like 1

DWD

Hylian Scout

Thanks! 

And I wonder, do you say "aluminium" like the Brits? Or leave out the second "i" like silly Yankees?

The German word has the second "i", I don't know about the Canadian version, though.

I was just trying to blend in. *cough* 

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

The German word has the second "i", I don't know about the Canadian version, though.

I was just trying to blend in. *cough* 

That's funny.

DWD

Hylian Scout

I still don't understand it but I know that I like it. *claps with baffled expression in face*

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

LEVEL UP to 32!

Here's how I scored some of the nine points THIS time. No new chart, but you can refer to one above if you want.

II     Half-blue heart for morning devotional time with my kids four days weekly for six weeks.

V    One for taking extra time to build some professional relationships. The time-consuming hard stuff no one wants to do.

VI   Quill for consistent writing for seven weeks.

VI   Scroll for publishing the collection of short stories that parallel my novel (here if you're interested)

VII  Fist for three levels of strength training passed. The last was completing 20 sit-ups, 40 bodyweight squats, 20 push-ups, and 10 pull-ups in under 1:55. That made me feel tough!

IX   Book with the quill on it for selling the 50th copy of my novel. Only 999,950 to go for bestseller status!

And as a bonus, I made my longest bike ride ever yesterday: 112 miles, including a 2000 foot climb over ten miles. That's the distance I have to do for the Ironman in three weeks. Then run a marathon. Given that the Ironman only has rolling hills and is 2000 feet in elevation lower and I plan to ride it more slowly, I'm excited to see all the training putting me right where I need to be!

Thanks to the Brigade for the support!

• Like 3

DWD

Hylian Scout

Awesome DWD! Nice work!

And that Bike ride sound intense :D

Keep kicking ass :triumphant:

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Interesting place to put a battle log... Welcome to the scouts :)

Thanks!

That exchange totally cracked my shit up.  I laughed quite hard out loud.  Thanks for making my afternoon!  Congrats on the level-up, love the tracking system.  I am reading one of the books you PM'd me about awhile back.  Kind of provocative, but pretty interesting for sure.  It is definitely helping with my motivation for coming back to NF, so thanks for that too!

• Like 3

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

Whooooo hoooooo DWD! Awesome stuff! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Proud of you!  :D

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines