Hi everyone!

I've always been a skinny dude; I come from a family of skinny men, which is nice since it means we can eat whatever and as much as we want without damaging our figures (contain you envies girls). However once I entered puberty I, like any other teenager, started to become conscious of my body.

During high school I was in Karate, which helped me a ton to be in shape; however I was lazy and had anxiety issues, so I didn’t develop any muscle. When I started my university studies (as an international student) in Canada I decided that it was time to start working out, but the new country, culture, studies, etc was too overwhelming… in the end I had to forsake the gym to try to work things out, alas it didn't.

I returned home for a while to plan my next step in life and I also decided to start working out. I worked out for a while…but I simply couldn't make myself continue; it just didn't feel like the right moment. Fast forward a couple of months to the present, I’m here in Houston ready to start a new chapter in life. Found a nice place to stay, eager to start my studies and I definitely feel way more into working out. I get my membership to the gym, all goes well…until exactly one week after I started working out. In that week I suffered a biking accident. Fortunately I was going very slowly, no fractures nor twisted extremities. Yet I wasn't left unharmed, I still can’t move my arms perfectly. I have yet to return to the gym.

I guess that what I’m trying to say is that every time that I want to get started, to try and feel better with myself, some factor (either internal or external) always seems to prevent me to go on more than a couple of weeks. I WONT let it stop me… but it’s getting awfully tiring.

Has something similar happened to you?

AramisN 

Wow! Nothing like that has happened to me, but I can relate to you in that, every time I try to get started again, something comes up and gets in my way. 

Fitness and health, are always going to be uphill struggles. I hope that at some point, we are able to make it such a habit, that it becomes second nature.

Have you tried seeing a doctor or a therapist about what it will take to get you functioning properly again? I think that would be extremely helpful. That way you won't injure yourself further by trying to do more too soon, and you'll know exactly what to be careful of when you do get started again (if you don't already). 

AMPish256

Lycan Assassin 

Level 0

Wow! Nothing like that has happened to me, but I can relate to you in that, every time I try to get started again, something comes up and gets in my way. 

Fitness and health, are always going to be uphill struggles. I hope that at some point, we are able to make it such a habit, that it becomes second nature.

Have you tried seeing a doctor or a therapist about what it will take to get you functioning properly again? I think that would be extremely helpful. That way you won't injure yourself further by trying to do more too soon, and you'll know exactly what to be careful of when you do get started again (if you don't already). 

Good to know someone can relate to this. I guess that we just have to try and try again until it finally becomes second nature; all the while keeping an eye in our surroundings so that nothing tries to get us down.

No, I haven’t seen a doctor; since it’s just a minor injury and nothing broke or anything like that, I have been taking care of it. I’ve definitely been resting and not doing anything too harsh on my arms. If they don’t return to a relative normal by Tuesday, I’ll go and see a doctor. 

Good to know someone can relate to this. I guess that we just have to try and try again until it finally becomes second nature; all the while keeping an eye in our surroundings so that nothing tries to get us down.

No, I haven’t seen a doctor; since it’s just a minor injury and nothing broke or anything like that, I have been taking care of it. I’ve definitely been resting and not doing anything too harsh on my arms. If they don’t return to a relative normal by Tuesday, I’ll go and see a doctor.

Sounds very reasonable! I hope you'll be up and feeling great in no time!

AMPish256

Lycan Assassin 

Level 0