Make Gains not honeybuns!

Yo!

I have been on here for a week or two(lost count been super busy with school), But I figure it is about time to make my introduction. I have up until recently been a very active dude, Spent 8-12 hours on my feet working or just doing something! I worked a lot so that helped me from overeating and kept my metabolism on its toes. Now That I am in school full time, I spend 8 hours sitting in a classroom...and developed a taste for honeybuns and big Texas cinnamon buns. As a result I put on almost 20 pounds in a matter of months. It doesnt sound like a lot to some, but for me having always been small and never being able to gain weight, this is big. After weighing in at 170 lbs at 5"7 I decided I need to change something but the motivation has been lacking. This is the most I have ever weighed, and it has really sunk in. I know I am well over 20% body fat which is...Lets just say in highschool I was between 4-6%. I want to get back to that, especially since I get to visit home next month. Need to look good for the ladies ;), joking aside I want to feel good about myself again.

How I will do this...

•  No more honeybuns!!!(Sad I know)
  •  Eat better, Grilled chicken and veggies all day(Sacrifices have to be made so I can still drink beer!!!!)
  • As little sugar as possible, and if any it will be natural from fruit

The hardest part for me is staying motivated, Especially since I have to wake up at 0500. I get done with school and back to my room between 16:30-17:30. It leaves very little time for gym, dinner and homework/study time. 

So I need your help! to keep me motivated. I have always been a lone wolf so asking others for help is like slamming my head into a wall, but it needs to be done! When I get back to Texas at the end of June I will be in the Abilene area so If anyone near wants to get together on the weekends sometimes to do something different than Gym I am all for it!

Looking forward to the NF community!

Phelix

Hey phelix, welcome to the forums!

I feel you on this point:

The hardest part for me is staying motivated, Especially since I have to wake up at 0500. I get done with school and back to my room between 16:30-17:30. It leaves very little time for gym, dinner and homework/study time. 

Organizing my time right now feels like the hardest step. What I have been working on doing is looking at each 24 hour day. First, scheduling in my 'non-negotiable time', things like work, meal prep, commute time, personal hygiene time, sleeping time, cleaning house/laundry. What I do is look at how much time each is costing me on any given day and then look at the remainder of time I have to do other things like excercise, study (I work full time and do part time distence ed), and have some time to hang out on here as well.

What I found was alot of the free time chunks of my days I was wasting either surfing the web or watching tv shows and was thinking to myself, I have no time! When I charted it all out I noticed that I actually had several hours free to spend on the important things... I am still trying to perfect this process as each week passes but it helps me to put all that wasted time into perspective.

Best of luck to you in your journey :)