Rebels, Report - Challenge Round-up Thread

18ck

For ease of judging candidates for champeenship, please post either a copy of or a link* to your challenge round-up. Apologies for previous irrelevant chunterings on this subject - I'm old and losing my faculties.

* = To make a direct link to the specific update, click the icon_share.png icon in the top right-hand corner of the update and copy the text to the clipboard then paste it into this thread

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

hecticness at work. (Hecticity?)

Hectitude?

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

It seems as if this thread is to discuss our final results http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46845-kayoungs-10-mile-run/page-4

-from a macro view, I accomplished my goals in a broad sense.  I did the whole ten miler without stopping, which was my main goal and I did a lot of writing, if not for my personal blog/on my academic paper.  This coming from a girl who could only run about 3 before this, so...progress!

Train so your heroes become your peers.

I finally caught up with my posts!! Here is the final wrap-up. All in all, I am glad that I put the focus on activity this challenge, although for the next six weeks I definitely need to bring diet goals back into the mix so I can achieve my current Main Quest. Now diet will be easier though since I am staying active enough to eat "normal human amounts of food" :D It was another great challenge - great job to everyone!!

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

My Challenge.

You'll have guessed it was a failure because if you are reading this it means the galaxy is still here.

• Like 1

I'm copy/pasting and embellishing, because the report on my thread is just... skeletal.

FINAL GOAL REPORT CARD:

Goal 1: Run 130 miles total, including 6 speed sessions and 4 trail runs.

Overall: 124/130 total, 5/4 trail, 6/6 speed   Grade: A

Evaluation: Good goal. Will increase trail and speed work next challenge while training for fall trail races.

Goal 2: Bodyweight Strength Workouts Do 3 a week, or 18 total

Overall: 16/18 total, Grade: B

Evaluation: Alright goal. I mostly did it, but occasionally slacked off and gave myself the point anyway, because of how vague and non-specific this goal is. In the future, I'd like to incorporate a bit more structure into this goal, and perhaps do a PVP, using Neila Rey nerdy-themed strength workouts. Let me know if you'd be interested in doing this with me. Here's the link: http://neilarey.com/workouts.html

Goal 3: Diet Avoid grains and refined sugar.

Overall: Mostly did it, Pass

Evaluation: Again, a goal without much structure, which I shouldn't complain about because it's what I wanted. I will be stepping it up next challenge, tho. Look out!

Goal 4: Limit Television

Overall: Average 3-5 hours/week, B

Evaluation: This was the most difficult and also the most important goal. I learned a lot about the role of TV in my life. I really depend on it! Looking forward to doing this one again. In the mean time, binging on The Guild.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

I felt good about this one. Learned a lot. Got rid of tons of house crap. Here's the rundown:

Training: Did really well with the "something every day." Didn't do as much strength as I like (huh, almost like I'm really a runner at heart, imagine that). But that's a thing I'm going to make a goal next time. My coworker and dear friend has been working diligently on pullups, and now does one pretty much every time we pass a scaffolding on the street or something. i want to hop up next to him and do one too. Maybe two.

Tracking: Pretty good, with lots of gaps. I have a plan to enforce better tracking next time using my monetary reward program.

Fruit & Veg: This was really good. I think I've developed habits that I'm going to be able to keep implementing even if this isn't one of my official goals. And I actually wake up craving my strawberry/kale smoothie!

Bag-a-Day: Not every single day, but most of them, and my giant book/CD giveaway the day of my neighborhood's block sale probably was a whole week's worth of bags if done one at a time!

Volunteer: Did really well with this. Really well. Super psyched.

10 Minutes of Cleaning: Pretty good. This was a carryover "not official" goal but rteporting on it helps me keep doing it and help keep my house fomo being buried in water bottles and cat fur.

No booze: Not as well as I'd like. Never in a creepy super-trashed way, never even had a hangover, but more "oh just one cocktail" weeknights than I like. Which might be okay except then I snack. Figuring out way to make it a more solid goal next time.

Overall, a solid Challenge. I'm pleased.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46580-shukar-and-the-quest-for-better-booty/?p=1047229

Not a bad end result to a challenge, even if I didn't actually get a pistol.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/47190-merganser-learns-to-fly/?p=1047715

I achieved my main road bike-related goal, and also implemented some great diet-related changes during my Whole30...

...and discovered after the 30 days that my implementation needs a little bit of rework/reinforcement...unless I want to continue my present path of gaining, like, 30 whole pounds!  :rolleyes:

But even though I did have bread and cheese and wine (okay, and a Negroni -- Happy Negroni Week!) for dinner last night, I spent the hours prior to that making my spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, hard-boiled eggs, sweet potatoes, kale and sausage, meatballs and cauliflower "rice" for the week, and the day and a half prior to that making massive inroads in my spring cleaning/clear-out project.

And, look! A new challenge starts next week!

And it's a beautiful day for a bike ride!

gallery_25678_963_143641.jpg

• Like 1

Merganser: Level 4 Anatidae Scout

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 5 | CON 7 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Intro | Current Challenge: Train for Spain!

Challenge 6: Back on Track...and Then Off Again | Challenge 5b: First-World ProblemsChallenge 5a: Make a Map | 

Challenge 4: Fly! (On a Bike!) | Challenge 3: Run!..(At All!) | Challenge 2: Stretch! | Challenge 1: Swim Faster! |

My Fitness Pal

"She was a woman who had wandered almost by accident into a life she had not quite intended for herself..." --Lawrence Osborne

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird 

of the family Anatidae on our hands." --Douglas Adams

Terinatum Breaks Inertia

Move, Eat, and Sleep! I spiraled pretty bad this time and am having a tough time restarting. But still I am here! HA!

Goal 1: Move

checking mail, cleaning a room, doing a few dishes, getting out on the porch, take a walk

One thing per day for first week, two for second week, etc…

Grading -   35/42 days - A

28/42 days - B

21/42 days - C

14/42 days - D

At least three of the days will be in weeks 5 and 6. Those are my tough mudder weeks (where I wash out).

I totally ravaged this goal.

Or was I ravaging my body?! I believe I might one day consider a nude bike ride through Montpelier. I'm feeling that happy with my attitude toward my body. Loving the freedom.

Yeah, my body lost its bloat and flabby winter exterior in exchange for exhaustion, more flexibility when I could move, and a great deal of relief that I didn't throw on fat and bloat that wouldn't come off this past winter.

Number of days moved: 38!!!  out of 42  === A+++++ for me!

Such a great change from the winter/spring depression!

Thanks for the help, Rebels.

Goal 2: Sleep

get to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning. In bed and everything off by 11pm and wake up at 7am. I may need to keep taking my sleeping meds for a few weeks, but I still can stick to the time schedule!

28/42 days - B

21/42 days - C

14/42 days - D

Well, this was well-planned and execution was pretty straight forward with the move being so physically demanding. It started out rough as my ex sleeps in late. I had to be quiet so much that I switched my timetable until I moved to my new place. Now, although my bedtime still fluctuates some, I've been getting 7-8 hrs of good sleep! A few nights did go well beyond 11pm but those were stressy days.

Number of days of good sleep: 30!!!  out of 42  = B for me!

Goal 3: Eat

no more eating in bed. I will utilize the kitchen (even though it doesn't feel like mine). Bonuses will be removing packaged cookies from my diet again! And a cooked meal for myself will be a gold star!

28/42 days - B

21/42 days - C

14/42 days - D

I totally nailed this. Once I started packing, it felt weird to relax in that room. So, eating in bed (which was usually covered with unboxed stuff) was kinda yucky. I did have a few snacks in the room itself, but mostly it was water.

Number of days not eating in bed: 40!!!  out of 42  = A for me!

Life Goal: Pack

I've been so focused on finding a place so I can get out that I haven't bothered to actually go through my things and pack. We split up the holiday decorations the other day, but that's it so far. Plus I need to thin out my personal belongings some. I will do one thing per day that gets me ready for my new place. From getting boxes, tape, labels to giving away things and packing up items I will not use between now and my move.

28/42 days - B

21/42 days - C

14/42 days - D

This goal of course got thrown into fifth gear as I got the apartment just over half way through.

I didn't do too well with this though. I think the move was so tense and sad that leaving things until the last moment made me feel a weird kind of 'I don't want this to end, but I do want it to end so here I sit.' Once I got the apartment, it became a bit easier but still the sadness would come and I would just sit in that room and my mind would just wonder. Grieving is good even though you can't control when it happens.

Number of days packing: 27  out of 42  = C for me!

My scout challenge started out really well as I ran (mod'd?) the first week. I was engaged and it really helped pull me up from the depression that was still lingering. I didn't follow through too well, but I did get a few weeks completed. If this were graded, I'd give it a D. I barely hung on, but considering everything, I wouldn't consider it a fail.

SO!!!

LEVEL UP!!!

New SATS:

OKAY???? Guess who didn't assign points to her goals!?! OMG!

Hummmm….

Move (+4 STR) all 4 points

Sleep (+3 STA) 2.25 points

Eat (+3 CON) 3 points

Pack (+3 WIS) 1.5 points

Terinatum

Level 10 Lycan Archer (Lady Terinatum, to you!)

STR 15.5 | DEX 6.75 | STA 17.25 | CON 16 | WIS 12.5 | CHA 14

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I finished with a solid "C" across the board.  I haven't run much between challenges (I was quite sick).  So, here's to the next challenge! 

Thunderstorm:  Level 3 Elf Scout

STR: 6.5  ~  DEX: 2  ~  STA: 3.5  ~  CON: 9.25  ~  WIS: 4.5  ~  CHA: 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines