Scout Playground Kickaround

18ck

This is a scout inter-challenge PVP in the form of a virtual football/soccer tournament where distance travelled equates to goals scored
---------------------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BrRZZZW0v925Czt56w6k4aDzrwmQcqPcZh0UxLgh7Y/edit?usp=sharing
----------------------------
Between now (no backdating please) and the start of the next challenge, each K moved by any of the normal scout activities counts towards a team goal total and whichever side has the most goals wins a paleo curly wurly (i. e. Some bacon)

How to play:

• Add your name in the Team 1 or Team 2 column
  • List the km you clock up either on foot, on bike or swimming (if you're riding a horse, canoe, unicycle, space-hopper etc pick whatever seems closest - let's keep this simple, eh?)
  • Points are calculated on the basis of difficulty - so a km of swimming counts more than a km of running and much more than a km of cycling
  • I know a couple of people are injured so if you want to sign up you can be goalies and tell me (18ck) what exercise you'll do with (time/number of reps) serving to neutralise the opposition team's goals so i can set up the formulae

Team 1 and Team 2 are dull names. The first person (other than me) to sign up for each team gets the honour of naming it. People choosing the name "team awesome" will be shown a yellow card

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

(the spreadsheet will have functions later but I think my employers want me at work now so I suppose I'd best humour them.)

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Lets see, the Google has told me that 1 KM is approximately 1100 yards (unfortunately most American pools are in yardage), which roughly amounts to 2.2 KPH for this little fishy. However, 3 KPH might be something to work for...I feel a need for speed training.

What is your mileage (kilometerage?) rate for running usually?

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Call it ten? Ten is faster than an easy run but it's not a tempo either. New runners probably can't go that fast but good runners will consider it slow. Nice round number though...

OK I cycle and walk - but what i'm going to do is use my pedometer (cos i don't get to gym to cycle/run/walk etc).  So is it ok to count my fitbit?

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Ooooh, I'mma do this side thang but if you wanted to get all crazy and do a diet-related PVP I'd be all over that action. I'm about 10 lbs over goal, and I know that tweaking the diet's what I need to do. And our basic calorie/protein range is about the same. Or is that just too many mini-things all at once?

I just do so much better with accountability. My ex-BFF (long story) and I used to report our calories to each other every day and it not only kept us honest, we also learned food tips & tricks from each other. And were able to call each otehr out on things like, "Can't help but notice that every time you have a cocktail you then seem to have some friend food. Just saying . . .")

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Huh. Can't seem to enter my name into spreadsheet? Anyone else having this problem or does Google just hate me?

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

OK I cycle and walk - but what i'm going to do is use my pedometer (cos i don't get to gym to cycle/run/walk etc). So is it ok to count my fitbit?

Um... Well, in the opinion of this Nerd I think you count miles you've done specifically as part of your personal goals. So if you're walking because you have chosen to walk to work instead of driving for a particular reason, I think that's OK because your measuring your self improvement. OTOH we all walk around from bed to the kitchen to the front door to the shop, etc and I don't think it would be fair to have some people get a bonus just because they happen to be wearing a pedometer while they do it, if you see what I mean... Does that sound fair...? And is it easy to distinguish "extra" miles from "normal" miles?

Huh. Can't seem to enter my name into spreadsheet? Anyone else having this problem or does Google just hate me?

Hm, well I might not have set the permissions properly... I'll have a look when I'm back at home. Sorry.

Scrap the diet idea, that would have been ridiculous

For endurance calculations, why don't we use MET/minute conversions? :D

Here's a website about it:

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/mets.htm

Sounds like a plan. Something else to look at when I'm home.

Ooooh, I'mma do this side thang but if you wanted to get all crazy and do a diet-related PVP I'd be all over that action. I'm about 10 lbs over goal, and I know that tweaking the diet's what I need to do. And our basic calorie/protein range is about the same. Or is that just too many mini-things all at once?

There's no such thing as too many minis. Many minis? Maniminis... I like that. Even if autocorrect wants to change it to mankinis.

Up to you really - you can put yourself down as goalies and count 1lb = what? 3k? Or start your own mini/pvp if you'd rather do it that way. We might as well make our own entertainment like in the old days.

Mankini!

http://products.boysstuff.co.uk/prod_zoom_center/mankini_70576.jpg

And re: permissions, probably? Maybe I'll try it on Chrome, could be a Firefox issue.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

I just do so much better with accountability. My ex-BFF (long story) and I used to report our calories to each other every day and it not only kept us honest, we also learned food tips & tricks from each other. And were able to call each otehr out on things like, "Can't help but notice that every time you have a cocktail you then seem to have some friend food. Just saying . . .")

I would be up for a diet PvP to keep me accountable for all the bad things I try to eat

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Do we need a separate pvp for diet related goals? Maybe we could have a point system based on number of days of perfect eating, or something.

The advantage of using MET points for the endurance PVP is that we can make running, swimming, walking, and golf all compatible, using the same units across the board.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Oooh, I like the "perfect eating" thing. I am a creature of absolutes, for better or worse. Probably a side PvP? Should we start a thread or a spreadsheet or a something? And DEFINITELY starting tomorrow as I'm going to a fancy-pants restaurant for work tonight. but man will I need to get on the healthy train tomorrow because this trip has already had an awful lot of non-ideal food.

I guess one thing would be "perfect eating" as defined by the eater. i mean, up-front so one couldn't retro-actively declare Cheetos on the approved list . . . but I know some of us a re full-on paleo, some are paleo-ish, some have their own weird "eat clean" things that work when they actually do them (like me). So, define it up front, and then stick to whatever you committed to? That makes sense, right?

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

I guess one thing would be "perfect eating" as defined by the eater. i mean, up-front so one couldn't retro-actively declare Cheetos on the approved list . . . but I know some of us a re full-on paleo, some are paleo-ish, some have their own weird "eat clean" things that work when they actually do them (like me). So, define it up front, and then stick to whatever you committed to? That makes sense, right?

Yes, that makes sense. Tis the vegetable season :D

Fixed it now. I had given access to everyone but it was view only. You should be able to add your names now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-BrRZZZW0v925Czt56w6k4aDzrwmQcqPcZh0UxLgh7Y/edit?usp=sharing

Ok, just to make sure I understand what's going on: if I'm not running for a little bit (stupid bruised toes), I can pick a strength exercise (like inverted rows) and make a goal for myself for how many times per week I will do it over the next two in between challenge weeks, and put myself as a goalie for one of the teams with that goal?

Also I may have just missed this somewhere (blame the blonde hair), but what does PVP stand for?

Train so your heroes become your peers.

Ok, just to make sure I understand what's going on: if I'm not running for a little bit (stupid bruised toes), I can pick a strength exercise (like inverted rows) and make a goal for myself for how many times per week I will do it over the next two in between challenge weeks, and put myself as a goalie for one of the teams with that goal?

Also I may have just missed this somewhere (blame the blonde hair), but what does PVP stand for?

Yes, you can definitely do that! Let me know what your goal is and how you're measuring it and I'll set up a formula based on that - so say you wanted to do something like 200 squats in that time we could set up the scoring so - say 20 squats = 1 goal saved...? Completely up to you what you think is challenging and give you something to shoot for. 

PVP = "Player Vs Player"

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines