JK_Mom Training

Good Morning Friends,

Yesterday I had a killer workout with my trainer.  Half-way through my legs stopped functioning.  I was doing box jumps (at a low height) and half-way through the second set I jumped up and then couldn't jump down.  My mind was like "And jump down!" and my legs wouldn't move.  Both frustrating but very good.  I learned that I did not have enough carbs prior to my workout which made my legs feel terrible.  Moving forward I need to put a fast carb in my workout bag for these types of situations or just pack a serving of glycofuse.  Anyway, my trainer told me that I tore up the workout and did better than any of his clients, including the men.  I was rather proud of my bench dips!  Today my lower back is hurting (old hockey injury).  I hope to make it to the gym and get on the bike for some intervals, maybe even attempt the SW workout!

• Like 3

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

So yesterday was a crazy insane day!  No workout, ate ok, but D- on hydration.  I had clients in for a large audit, today they are leaving around lunch which should mean I can make my 2:30 appointment at the gym!  Yay!  My allergies are really acting up though so I will probably have to dig out my inhaler. . . .

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Alright so on Saturday I was able to do the Star Wars workout at the gym while my older son was at swim lessons and my younger son was in the play area.  That felt amazing.  My only question - which I posted somewhere was when do I move up a level versus adding weight to a lower level?  Any thoughts?

Anyway, Sunday I spent most of the morning playing outside with my sons which was fun and tiring.

Today, I worked through a tough workout from my trainer.  My body was left shaking after the workout and my shirt was *drenched*!  I felt great!  Tomorrow I hope to go for a run with my wife.  I'm scheduled with my trainer again on Wednesday and Friday.  Should be awesome!  I'm hoping to print out a couple spreadsheets of workouts because I'm going on vacation on the 12th and want to stay focused!  

As things begin to gear up for the next challenge level, I'm thinking that my challenge goal will be to run a faster 5K time on my July 23rd race than my June 24th race.  I know that takes me just out of the scope of the challenge time period, but this will keep me focused on running and cardio.  In order to do this, I will need to incorporate track and hill workouts, so if I can add 1/week that will be great.  I need to keep burning fat, so I need to do 3 strength-training workouts a week, whether that is a NF workout or meeting with trainer.  Finally, I need to stretch!  I am terrible about stretching.  Therefore, my goal will be complete a Nike Fitness stretch workout every day (or stretch after every workout for at least 10 minutes).  Side Quest:  Not sure about this one yet, might be watch a motivational video every day to help me stay positive - especially about my body image or to get my super-hawk tattoo. . . 

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Ok, so yesterday I was able to get to the gym and get on the bike for a bit.  I would have gone for a run outside, except it there was thunder and lightning.  Unfortunately, one of my superpowers is not controlling the weather or the ability to absorb lighting, so I played it safe.  I was also able to spend some time really stretching which felt awesome.

Today I'm headed over to workout with my trainer.  

And I'm off to start my first (full-length!) challenge!!  Waaawwhhhooooo!!!

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Alright, time to restart this log!

Not sure I'm going to start a new log with the name "Aquamom" since this one is already here.  I'm also thinking of going back to JK_Mom.  

Basically feeling very undecided about things in general right now.

I've spent the entire second half of 2015 battling Achilles tendinitis or whatever they call it (different docs call it different things).  The injury really hindered my ability to work on any challenges so I felt like I stagnated.  I'm hoping to make updating this thread a habit (thanks, Habitica!) and use it to get a jump-start on 2016!

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Ok, home from a lengthy vacation.  I have a weird sinus-head cold thing and feel very jet-lagged.  I'm going to put together a workout plan and meal plan tomorrow.  Not sure if I'll sign up for the challenge.  It's only 4 weeks which somehow doesn't feel as overwhelming as 6.  We'll see. . . .

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

And that "weird sinus-head cold thing" morphed into a gargantuan sinus-ear-infection monster of badness.  Thus, I have done a whopping nothing.  

Well, not entirely true.  I got talked into doing a 21-day Challenge called "The Fix".  I'm very skeptical, but my step-mom wanted someone to help keep my step-sister motivated and she paid for it.  So yeah, I figure, I'll give it a whirl.  

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

Sinus infection? BOOOO!!!!! I hope you're feeling better. Those really suck. Anything that makes you sit there and wonder, "Why do my teeth hurt?" is not a good thing.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava