Patient File

• Name: MaddieHatter
  • Race: Strigoi Vui (living vampire)

• Height: 5'1-ish"
  • Start Weight: 142lbs
  • Measurements: To Be Posted
  • Ailments:
    • Mental: I am called the Hatter for a reason...
    • Physical:
      • The Joints (sometimes the left knee, sometimes the right... unless the knee is bored, Then it is the ankles or wrists.)
      • The Toes (born with the cursed in-grown toes)

• Fitness & Health Goals (to pick and chose)
    •  Primary Goal: Drop the weight to 125lbs
      • Motivation for Ultimate Goal: "For the Mini-Madness (& the blood tests)"
      • Pick an ideal weight to be within this year

• Steps to achieve goal
    • Workout at Home
      • Darbee Workout, NF Beginner Bodyweight, Yoga
    • Remove soda as much as possible
    • Eat lean meats, fish
    • Meditate (With or Without White Noise/Binaural Beats)

• 6WC: #1, #2 / 4WC: #3, #4
  • Recording Assistants: Samsung Health & Product, Fitbit Scale
  • Other Materials: Critical Role Fitness Game, Z!Run, Pokemon Go

Spoiler

Record Date 00JULY2016
"quote"

Patient Reflective Thoughts 

TBP

The Details

•  Weight:

Fitness

•  

Diet

• Breakfast
    •  
  • Lunch
    •  
  • Dinner
    •  
  • Horrible Snack
    •  

Suggestions

• Like 2

Record Date 29MAY2014

"We monsters have to stick together..."

Patient Reflective Thoughts of the Day

I consider this moment until probably next week to watch and record exactly what I am eating and doing that causes a little bit of sweat. Preperation for the challenge ahead.

Within the morning, I distinctly remember looking at the temperature gauge of my car dashboard and mentally noting 8:00 -  80°F. ... Either I will be doing any exercise in my room, the garage (treadmill), or Satan hours of the morning and night for this season. I love AZ weather but hell and high water does it suck when there is almost no such thing as 'shade' on the routes taken. However, I am thankful today that there was cloud coverage and a cool breeze keeping the screaming sun away. Walk was good... until the two minute mark (regardless of stretching for a good amount of time) The Knee began to pester. Luckily at the slow and slightly limping walk, I saw some interesting vegitation... I will call it cancerous monkey balls.

I think the Filipino side of me is taking over... maybe it is hormones but while I was good in keeping the beast at ease with a few fruits and water, the bulgogi with steamed rice and kimchi pushed me over that edge. I ate more then what I should have today. Food is my enemy and my friend... you vicious mistress you.

Details

• Fitness
    • Walked 1.16.
      • Knee Pain Level (1 - 10): ~ 0 - 5 ("I am going to send this pain a little way up to the middle top of your thigh"). Stopped walking to strech and pain went to 2.
    • Cleaning (Vehicle): 45mins
      • Deep clean that car... or the best I can get dog hair with a shopvac
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 2116
    • Mixture of fruits, little outside snacking, heavy lunch, and semi-forced dinner.
  • Suggestions:
    • Put down the damn fork! Listen to your stomach, not your tastebuds and brain. They are against you.
    • Stretch a little longer after walk.
    • Try workout tomorrow.

It has been 1 day since having a soda.

Record Date 30MAY2014

"I never met a ghost that wasn't a drama queen..."

Sleep is awesome. Sleep is good. I slept more then what I wanted but waking up refereshed and alert then waken by an alert was wonderful.  I had all of the intention of trying out the Beginner Body Weight Workout but at this point, that has yet to be done. With my sudden moodswings and my inabilty to keep my fingers off of the fork, I meditated. It was short-lived as I heard the voices of my orderly calling for my presence, but I can tell, something has changed. Maybe it is just my craziness. Sitting outside within the hours of dusk I listened to the world around me, the bats and Nighthawks, the calming of water trickling from the sprinklers on vegitation within the gardens. Was nice to hear and focus on the sounds... until the guarddogs went off like an explosion in my head.

Details

• Weight: 131.2lbs

• Fitness
    • Meditation: ~ 5ish mins
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 1122 (Good job on keeping the fingers off the fork!)
    • Mixture of fruits, little outside snacking, medium lunch, and medium dinner.
  • Suggestions:
    • Yoga in the morning to help the back and knees.
    • Try workout tonight or tomorrow (seriously).

It has been 2 days since having a soda.

Almost broke down picking up food for an orderly and snaking a little on popcorn... but water won.

Hey

Looks like you're doing good progress on your goals.

Have you considered joining a PVP for the soda? (Shameless plug) 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/46965-ongoing-the-no-soda-pvp-challenge-are-you-nerd-enough/

Hahaha. I actually was looking at your content posts within your profile and ended up reading into the PVP Soda challenge due to my personal soda battle. I have a question on it but going to post it in that topic in a sec. :P

• Like 1

Like your goals - and you are another sojourner in the Arizona desert! Gah, the summer is upon us...

I'm going to be working on getting my Tai Chi form back this coming challenge. Will be interested to see what you choose to do.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Record Date 31MAY2014

"Who doesn't love a lost cause? - Showtime Penny Dreadful"

Quick notes since i forgot last night - no exercise but moved constantly and recorded my food. Need to really do yoga for my back.

Details

• Weight: Tbp next log
  • Fitness
    • nothing of real value beside running errands
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 1,120 (Good job on keeping the fingers off the fork!)
    • Mixture of fruits, little outside snacking, medium lunch, and medium dinner.
  • Suggestions:
    • Try workout tonight or tomorrow (seriously woman ).

It has been 3 days since having a soda.

tea ftw

Like your goals - and you are another sojourner in the Arizona desert! Gah, the summer is upon us...

I'm going to be working on getting my Tai Chi form back this coming challenge. Will be interested to see what you choose to do.

Think spring was shafted this year. Sitting outside writing this log in the shade while babysitting family dinner on the grill, i have made the mistake of touching skin to metal. I cannot remember the form i was thought when i was taking San Soo but when i do, will def. Mention it.

• Like 1

Record Date 01JUNE2014

"Good Work. Sleep Well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

Quick notes - just controlled eating.

Details

• Weight: ~ 128ish.
  • Fitness
    • nothing of really. Was on grill duty.
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 1,044 (Good job on keeping the fingers off the fork!)
    • Morning shake, small lunch, heavy dinner.
  • Suggestions:
    • Work the fuck out!

It has been 4 days since having a soda.

tea ftw

Record Date 01JUNE2014

"Good Work. Sleep Well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning."

Saw this in my preview pane.... knew you were someone to keep an eye on ;)

Giving up soda is hard... it's been seventeen months and I STILL absent mindedly try to reach for it... good luck doll

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Record Date 02JUNE2014
"I am anti-life, the Beast of Judgement. I am the dark at the end of everything.
The end of universes, gods, worlds … of everything. And what will you be then, Dreamlord?"
"I am Hope."
Choronzon and Dream, playing "the oldest game", in Sandman #4: "A Hope in Hell""

Did not get up early again (as my tablet decided to die on me... cause I forgot to plug in the dock). Regardless, after errands and a little bit of school work, I began looking into the Zombies, Run! applications. I do not like to buy things that can be found free but it peaked my interest and by gods and goddesses, I am not going to let something waste away if I buy it. So, Zombies, Run! 3 and 5K has been added to my assistants on this journey. I will admit, its a little funky and  the count is a bit wonky for the intro on the treadmill so I will include the treadmill reads as well as the application.  Treadmill will be used often... at 101F... I think I may combust placing a pinky outside.

In addition to trying out the intro to the 5k trainer, I finally went forth and did the Beginner Body Weight Workout. I am pretty sure my body will tell me tomorrow not to take the stairs to class... but guess what... I am.

Details

• Weight: ~ 128ish.
  • Fitness
    • Zombies, Run! 5K - Intro (treadmill)
      • Total Distance: ~ 4.45 mi
      • Treadmill Distance: 1.245 mi
      • Total Time: ~ 30:38m
      • Treadmill Time: 28:29
    • Beginner Body Weight Workout
      • 20 body weight squats - Ok
      • 10 push ups - A little painful
      • 20 walking lunges - Ok
      • 10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug, ~2lbs computer bag) - A little painful
      • 15 second plank - OMG WHY
      • 30 Jumping Jacks - Almost painful
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 1186
    • Morning shake, small lunch, medium dinner.
  • Suggestions:
    • Meditate

It has been 5 days since having a soda.

Saw this in my preview pane.... knew you were someone to keep an eye on ;)

Giving up soda is hard... it's been seventeen months and I STILL absent mindedly try to reach for it... good luck doll

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Watching Game of Thrones and all through the fight between the Mountain and Red Viper... all I could hear from Price Oberyn Martell was Inigo Montoya voice. But Princess Bride is one of my childhood movies.

Soda... I have some moments. There are trigger foods, like popcorn and pizza, but there is also unintentional family habits not helping. We tend to leave unattended containers of drinks (mainly soda) around the kitchen. Get thirsty? Just take a sip. I was staring off into space, became thirst, saw the soda and had it in my hand until I looked at where I normally house my collection of items and saw my water bottle. The unintentional habits are harder then the triggers. Congrats on the 17mths. And thanks for the luck. With the summer getting hotter, the triggers are going to keep happening.

I keep a never ending water bottle at hand to combat the transformation to becoming thirst ;)

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Record Date 02JUNE2014

"I am anti-life, the Beast of Judgement. I am the dark at the end of everything.

The end of universes, gods, worlds … of everything. And what will you be then, Dreamlord?"

"I am Hope."

Choronzon and Dream, playing "the oldest game", in Sandman #4: "A Hope in Hell""

I remember getting the chills when I first read that scene. 

I like your log, it's very thoughtful and interesting. Keep up the good work on the soda! :)

Record Date 03JUNE2014
"Never trust a demon. He has a hundred motives for anything he does... Ninety-nine of them, at least, are malevolent."
Dream, in SANDMAN #4: "A Hope in Hell"

I have a demon within me. No. Not one of those, but a voice inside my head (no I am not crazy!) that is my own voice, whispering past memories and internal fights. I am a depressed individual. I have been for a long time. Somethings are triggers that the demon comes to visit. Being near my current weight is one of them and I began to feel a slip. While I only focused on stretching and can only eat so much within the home I am in (which sort of helps in the controlled/portion eating), I can hear those whispers of past lies and defeats. It began to ignite the sadness and anxiety. I called out for virtual hugs here at NFR and I got just that. It was calming. I went to my class (taking the stairs even when my body protested with the weight on my back) and talked much about food (cause that is what we do). I heard a voice within the class openly saying 'why do all the skinny girls go on a diet?' with a closer voice replying 'It is because of the wedding, is it not?' when I said to hush about the talk of food. My reply was without a hesitation, 'I am at my divorce weight... either I am stressed or I love food. I am going to guess, I am a fatty at heart'. I got the guys chuckle but that was the end to that. I love my food, and I am under some stress but I need to get this weight off to not hate myself in the mirror in everything I wear. Not hate everything I wear and am because a conversation so far in the past damaged me.

Details

• Weight: - To Be Posted 06June14 Record
  • Fitness
    • Stretched - A lot. Legs, back, arms, neck.
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 794
    • small breakfast, small lunch, small dinner, small snack.
  • Suggestions:
    • More stretching
    • Beginner Body Weight or 20-min Hotel Room Workout

It has been 6 days since having a soda.
Sorta sucks having soda so close to my desk... but my tea wins.

Record Date 04JUNE2014
"Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real."
Dr. Hannibal Lecter - Red Dragon

Its hot. Freaking Hot. While I love having just a little bit of covers on my body, most covers were removed and I didn't care for the most part. Workout was slightly modified. I only have my boots (which are not the best to do anything in but walk) and on bare cement floor... just not comforting to feet and knees doing jumping jacks. So, in addition to the workout I did yoga... a good percent to stretch out all the muscles in my back (Big problem area).

Details

• Weight: - To Be Posted 06June14 Record
  • Fitness
    • 20 body weight squats - Ok
    • 10 20 inclined push ups - Feeling the tension
    • 20 15 walking lunges - Ok but some knee twitches.
    • 12 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug, ~2lbs computer bag) - A little painful, a little bit of jello arms happening
    • 16 second plank - OMG WHY
    • 12 Jumping Jacks - Jello Legs + Barefeet = No good.
  • Yoga - 20 minutes
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 584
    • Small breakfast, lunch, late dinner (that was placed within the next day food diary)
  • Suggestions:
    • More stretching

It has been 7 days since having a soda.

Hey, Maddie, how are things going?

I can relate to being a depressed person. It is something I have fought for a long time. You might want to check out this accountabilibuddy group - "Black Dog Tamers." Chris Tien Jinn has been around Nerd Fitness for awhile and I think it will be a good group. It can be hard to get those voices from the past out of your head and where they don't have any more power over your current life.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Record Date 05/06JUNE2014

Thur. is considered my 'off day' for absolutely everything. However, I did keep up with keeping soda out of the world and my diet was in check. Today (Friday), my mind and willpower was checked against soda. Dreamed of soda and was constantly asked if I wanted one... but water/tea won the fight again. In addition to getting in a run (after re-downloading the app cause apparently it does not like being on my phone), I did another round of the beginner body weight workout... this time, I had a cheerer in the stands... Well sorta. He kind of just patted me on the shoulder during lunges and planks and was a little weird out by the jumping jacks.

vde4uo.jpg

Details

• Weight: - 127ish
  • Fitness
  • Zombies, Run! 5K - Week 1, Day 1 (treadmill)
    • Total Distance: ~ 3.93 mi
    • Treadmill Distance: 2.758 mi
    • Total Time: ~ 40:23
    • Treadmill Time: ~ 37:27 (forgot to clear out the reader completely)
    • 20 body weight squats - Ok, a little painful
    • 12 pushups - Inclined
    • 13 walking lunges - Legs are becoming jello.
    • 20 dumbbell rows (gallon water jug) - felt good.
    • 15 second plank - OMG WHY
    • 30 Jumping Jacks - Pushed with jello legs
  • Diet:
    • Net Calories: 998 Thurs/ 1,035 Fri
    • ---
  • Suggestions
    • More stretching

It has been 9 days since having a soda.

I am kinda worried that you aren't getting enough calories... 

less than a thousand? unless you are like 4 feet tall that's no where near enough

Spoiler

I am kinda worried that you aren't getting enough calories... 

less than a thousand? unless you are like 4 feet tall that's no where near enough

A foot taller then that, but I understand the concern. At times, if I am not hungry, I won't eat. Or if I am hungry and all around me is junk food, I drink water. I try not to keep the calories super low, but with the two instances this past week, it was a combo of not hungry and all around was junk food. Thank you for the notice/concern on this, and will do my best to keep it up.

:D I just know I get super hangry if I eat less than I should (which on a "normal" day is about 2600... on a high exercise day... could be close to 4500 or more) so I see super low and I worry :) it's the mamma in me... I can't help it :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

Record Date 07JUNE2014

Diet was loss due to eating out. But did force in at least a jog.

Details

• Fitness

• Zombies, Run! 5K - Week 1, workout 2 (treadmill)
  • Total Distance: ~ mi
  • Treadmill Distance: mi
  • Total Time: ~
  • Treadmill Time: ~

• Diet:
    • Net Calories: probably at or over 1200
    • ---

[*]Suggestions

• stretch!

It has been 10 days since having a soda.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Record Date 08JUNE2014

"Is it poisonous?
Like all beautiful things, I hope so."

Spent most of my time outside, but on grill duty again from losing a bet with me ma. Diet was a bit heavy on the protein but for the most part, ok. I have all the intention of getting on the treadmill but the knee has struck again. Ficky bastard.

I guess I have a battle log buddy in addition to cheerer now...

byqazyhe.jpg

Details

• Fitness
    • Much needed stretches
  • Diet
  • Net Calories: probably at or over 1200

Suggestions

• Run! & Workout! It's the first day of the 6WC!

It has been 11 days since having a soda.

Wtg on the soda! How do you feel

Spoiler

Wtg on the soda! How do you feel

I actually celebrated yesterday with a bloody mary and a local beer while dining out for kicking the can bubblies.

I feel pretty good but I can tell my mind is still 'wtf is going on!?!'. Besides my random dream about soda (and my mind screaming NOOO), I still have the habit of wanting to reach out while driving or in the kitchen for an open beverage to just eliminate the thirst... that is normally an open beverage of soda. But willpower has won... and the taste of the heavens found in ice cold black tea.

Why Strigoi Vui? What is a Strigoi Vui (plural. Vii)?

"A term commonly used in Romania and other countries of eastern Europe for a living vampire." - The Weiser Field Guide to Vampires by J.M. Dixon, p. 185

I am a vampire fanatic. Have been since I was 8 years old. It started with seeing Interview with the Vampire in the movie theater (I had a very interesting childhood).  I was hooked to these creatures. From the silent film Nosferatu to 30 Days of Night graphic novel, my heart has been filled with the good, bad, gaming, and views of these supernatural creatures.

Here at NF, my race is that of a Strigoi Vui*. Really it is empathic/psychic vampire as such. I am alive, yes. But I feed not on blood but of emotions and energy around me.  Just little sips here and there, too much and I am ill and needing to initiate hermit mode.  A vampire can be anyone. The largest foe to the sweetest child... physicality is not the definition but what lies within. What lies within the shadows...

So what lies within your shadows?**

*: As seen in the beginning, it is not in reference to the Vampire Academy books (have yet to break the bind on the first book on my book shelves) but the historic definition. Why I bring this up? My eye twitches still from a story I was writing where I stated a disease that I called Strigoi... where a reader stated that I could be hit with plagiarism... I then proceeded to flood all information I had, that was nowhere ever touching the VA series.  /endeyetwitch, disengage Trinket: Flippable Table.

** : 3 hours of sleep equals this post

Record Date 09JUNE2014

"Fear comes with imagination, it's a penalty, it's the price of imagination."

3 Hours of sleep. I am so tired... but in the tiredness I wrote the previous post above. Creativity seems to run wild... but my procrastination on doing my uni-assignment is still high. Regardless.. after doing errands, I went forth and did the first day of my 6 week plan... in a hot ass garage. In addition to finishing the workout and the jog/run (after giving up on the 5k app and going with the Zombies, Run! 3 application), I not only will write my notes within my challenge thread in the mind of a character, I forgot next week that I will be having some wisdom removed from me... in the most painful and aware manner ever. I should have gotten it done when I was younger... and still under insurance. :grief:

Details

• Weight: - To be posted, Friday 13th
  • Fitness
    • Zombies, Run! 3 - Jolly Alpha Five Niner: Season One: 1 - The story begins...(treadmill)
      • Total Distance: ~ 2.67 mi
      • Treadmill Distance: 1.068 mi
      • Total Time: ~ 26:07
      • Treadmill Time: ~ 22:29
      • Additional: 10 minute paced walk
      • 20 body weight squats - Ok, a little painful
      • 12 pushups - Inclined
      • 20 walking lunges - Legs are becoming jello.
      • 20 dumbbell rows (gallon water jug) - felt good until 15
      • 20 second plank - OMG WHY
      • 30 Jumping Jacks - Pushed with jello legs
  • Diet
  • Net Calories: 1,177

Suggestions

• Stretch & Yoga

It has been 12 days since having a soda.

• Like 1