Inter-Challenge Good Eats PVP

Kailer

Hey guys! Since there was a lot of interest in @Primeval's "perfect eating" mini-challenge idea I figured we should create a thread so we don't muck up the kickaround thread.

Here's what I was thinking:

1. Sign up on the spreadie 

2. Make sure to leave a post below defining what "perfect eating" will mean to you until the beginning of the next challenge.

3. Update the spreadie with an "X" for each perfect day, or leave a blank for a missed day

4. Support and/or smack talk below!

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions definitely feel free to make changes to the spreadie/format/thread whatever :)

We start 5/29!

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Clean Eating for Kailer:

- Whole30 rules. No soda, no alcohol, no grains, no processed sugar, no dairy, no legumes, no white potatoes

Expected, allowed, don't-freak-out-on-myself cheat day is June 7th, on which I will be traveling and attending a graduation party.

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Woohoo!

Okay, for me perfect eating is:

No sugar (3-day exception: I have a box of Kashi GoLean that I bought for brekkies on this trip. One small bowl in the morning is allowed because I've already expensed it and I'm a cheap bastard! I go home Saturday, and then it's total sugar blackout).

No refined flour (truly whole grains like oatmeal okay)

No alcohol

3 fruit, 3 veg per day

40/30/30 Carbs/protein/fat

500 calorie deficit, as measured by FitBit

I think that's it? I'm pretty jet-lagged and low-IQ right now. If I remember something else later I'll fine-tune.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Whoops, double post. Did I mention the jetlag and the fuzzy brain!?!

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

Hah. Well, there you go. Nice thinking, kailer.

"Clean eating" for me during the between-time is going to be: <1500 calories a day, 100 g protein a day. I'm aiming for 30/30/40 cpf, but we'll just see how that goes...

If you're on MFP, give me a holler!

I was kicking around an idea for a cumulative points system with a big bonanza multiplier for 3-day streaks. Otherwise, it's too tempting for me to sacrifice points and go off the rails. What say you!

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

I've signed up too (well, why not?) Perfect eating for me is

• No Chocolate/Cake/Sweetie type things. 
  • No alcohol
  • No snacking after dinner apart from pure fruit juice lollies and actual fruit
  • No puddings other than a (single) yoghurt
  • Drink stuff during the day to the extent that when I get home, I don't have to make myself two simultaneous cups of lemon tea and drink them both and go "aaahhhh" like a man arriving at an oasis after 3 weeks in the desert

I have a one-day cake exemption on Flyer's birthday but no open-ended booze/pudding exception even when being entertained by the grandparents on the following day

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

That sounds smart, Primeval. Were you thinking more like 10 pts. a day and 30 pts. on each third day as a bonus for the streak, or we could do 10 pts. day one, 20 pts. day two, 30 pts. day three, etc to reward streakiness. Or something else entirely?

PS, sorry I preemptively opened the thread, I got excited. It was definitely your idea and I consider you the rightful MC :)

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

That sounds smart, Primeval. Were you thinking more like 10 pts. a day and 30 pts. on each third day as a bonus for the streak, or we could do 10 pts. day one, 20 pts. day two, 30 pts. day three, etc to reward streakiness. Or something else entirely?

PS, sorry I preemptively opened the thread, I got excited. It was definitely your idea and I consider you the rightful MC :)

What? Pffft. Everything fine. You're awesome. You did good. :) Also I suck at emceeing.

Yeah, something like a scrabble double word score for a good streak. It could be a number of points, or it could be something silly, like a pony. More like the first thing you mentioned.

• Like 1

How about:

10 points each day

30 points on a 3 day streak

60 points on a 6 day streak, then start a new streak

Include the first day of the next challenge to create a 12 day competition, easier to manage and makes sure we all start strong together

Most points wins an inventory item/signature bragging rights

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

I'm in!

Perfect eating for me: 

-no candy/gf cookies

-no packaged snacks: chips, gf pretzels/crackers/etc

-no soda (even diet, uuuuugh)

-drink a green tea (no honey, if we're going for perfect here)

-drink at least two water bottles at work

-veggies at lunch and dinner

I can't say no alcohol this mini-challenge, I have too many boozy events for that

I vote for the pony for streaks!

Train so your heroes become your peers.

/me wanders in

Oh haaai

I'm in. Whole30 rules with emphasis on higher fat content and lower carbs.

addendum: smftexas will be joining me tomorrow and into saturday to shadow a GoRuck in Austin. Tacos may happen but I will NOT eat like an asshole

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

"Real Food" Perfect Eating Interim Challenge Rules According to Syren:

• 80% Real Food -- It is not real food if it comes in a box and/or plastic bag when it is presented on the shelf at the grocery store, usually.
    • Primary Exception: Whole grains. Reference following rule.
  • 10% Reduction of grain heavy diet -- e.g. If I eat a sandwich for lunch, no grain for dinner
    • Caveat 1: Bread, crusts, etc. must be made in my kitchen
  • 50% Locally Sourced Food -- Meat, Produce, Dairy, etc.
    • Aim for dairy and meat free of antibiotics and hormones
    • Aim for organic produce in regards to "the dirty dozen" if in season
  • 60% Composition of Plants -- Eat a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables -- aim for 2 of each color group per day
    • Color Groups -- Red, Yellow/Orange, Green, Dark and Leafy Green, Purple/Blue/Black, White
  • Natural Sugars Only -- Fruit, Vegetables, Dairy, Honey, etc.
    • Caveat 1: limited intake (1 per day, not 3 or 10) of those natural sugars that happen to be cane sugar or sugar beet sugar, e.g.homemade baked goods.
    • Caveat 2: If it is a sweet thing, containing cane sugar or sugar beet sugar, baked, fried, etc. it must be made in my kitchen
  • 20% Weekly Restaurant Allowance -- 2 times per week

Looking for feed back/advice: In pursuit of my diet goals, I have discovered that I seem to crave, with an insane intensity, high fat foods when I try to eat like this. Besides olives, avocado, coconut, and the occasional cheese/full fat dairy product, do you guys have any suggestions about how to curb this craving rather than seeking out the nearest fried chicken foundation?

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Hmmmm, I do usually crave dairy a lot, especially ice cream, when I'm eating well. The thing that usually turns off my creamy/fatty cravings is a really high-fat meal like eggs with bacon or steak, or buying nice 80/20 ground sirloin to use in stir fry without draining. That's mostly what you've already said though ... Essentially if I get my lips a little greasy it seems to help.

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Excellent! A non-Scout enters the ring to keep us all honest. Now we will all need to be extra vigilant to keep the Food Champion in house .... I feel like Batman just walked into the Baxter building.

Hilarious analogy. Touche. :)

Hmmmm, I do usually crave dairy a lot, especially ice cream, when I'm eating well. The thing that usually turns off my creamy/fatty cravings is a really high-fat meal like eggs with bacon or steak, or buying nice 80/20 ground sirloin to use in stir fry without draining. That's mostly what you've already said though ... Essentially if I get my lips a little greasy it seems to help.

Good tips.

Syren, I agree with what kailer is saying. If you need fat, you need fat. You could nut it out with some macadamias or almonds, easy to throw in a bag. Also, sometimes I make little primal truffles with chocolate powder, almond butter, stevia, GF butter, coconut oil, good for a quick fatty fix. Anyway, I totally understand, it's tough when there's fried chicken around. When I give in to that craving, I usually look for the unbreaded type.

• Like 1

So, last night on this business trip (aka the Last Supper Before Perfection) was .  . . a festival of fat, flour, and booze. And while I got a cheese platter rather than proper dessert because I'm not really much of one for sweets . . . well then the waiter brought round complementary little things of housemade ice cream and man was it amazing. I feel like I should be shiny all over from the amount of butterfat I ate last night.

So, it was a good farewell to all that. I didn't wake up and go to the gym because, er, cocktails plus wine with dinner plus jetlag. but I'm going to go back to my hotel tonight and hit the gym to rack up some km for the other side-challenge. May be having dinner with a friend tonight and, if so, will stick to my rules. Forward to victory (and a size 4 dress. And a pony.).

Two more days in New York, then flying home Saturday. So three days of on-the-road temptations. Will need to remember to pack a lunch tomorrow since I'll be a t a trade show all day and convention-hall food is awful, plus even if my work brings in lunch to the booth, it'll be sandwiches and chips. So remember to pick up a salad or something on the way in.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

It's smart to plan ahead, Anathema! My Last Supper Before Perfection may have included mac n cheese and ice cream...  Sometimes I like to put so much in at once that I crave clean eating for a few days, heh.

I just hope the people at the grocery store who sell me macaroni and beer think, "Oh, obviously she's going to start clean eating tomorrow!" ......

• Like 2

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

In my high-protein excursions the past few days, I've developed a recipe for a very yummy and proteinaceous salad dressing that I'd like to share with you:

"Ranch" Dressing

Ingredients:

12 oz firm tofu

Tbsp olive oil

.25 c vinegar of choice

.25-.5 c water, depending on preferred thickness of dressing

1 green onion

1 clove garlic

1 tbsp itallian seasoning

1 tbsp oregono

salt and pepper to taste

Blend ingredients together, and store in a jar. Best for salad dressing and dipping vegetables.

One serving = 10 g protein!

Did OK today. People have been offering my biccies all day and I have been saying no. Made a bibimbap. Could have drunk more but I didn't do too badly there either.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I am fighting the desire to go get my traditional slice of pizza, but ya know what? New York will always have awesome pizza. Not getting my slice this trip will not cause pizza to vanish overnight. Whereas getting a nice big salad and some lean protein will help that last 10 pounds vanish (if not quite overnight). Back to hotel, do a nice gym workout, eat something healthy. That's the plan . . .

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

––G. K. Chesterton

In my high-protein excursions the past few days, I've developed a recipe for a very yummy and proteinaceous salad dressing that I'd like to share with you:

"Ranch" Dressing

Ingredients:

12 oz firm tofu

Tbsp olive oil

.25 c vinegar of choice

.25-.5 c water, depending on preferred thickness of dressing

1 green onion

1 clove garlic

1 tbsp itallian seasoning

1 tbsp oregono

salt and pepper to taste

Blend ingredients together, and store in a jar. Best for salad dressing and dipping vegetables.

One serving = 10 g protein!

MM, that actually sounds really yummy! I don't do soy unfortunately but that sounds really brilliant. I guess I could do something similar with a mile squash but that would take away the proteinaceousness.

Did OK today. People have been offering my biccies all day and I have been saying no. Made a bibimbap. Could have drunk more but I didn't do too badly there either.

Stay strong!! Bibimbap is kind of like fried rice, right?

I am fighting the desire to go get my traditional slice of pizza, but ya know what? New York will always have awesome pizza. Not getting my slice this trip will not cause pizza to vanish overnight. Whereas getting a nice big salad and some lean protein will help that last 10 pounds vanish (if not quite overnight). Back to hotel, do a nice gym workout, eat something healthy. That's the plan . . .

Keep it up, it's only day one! My coworker just walked out talking about Chinese delivery ... oh man does that sound good!! Not today, though :) I hope :)

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines