Inter-Challenge Good Eats PVP

Kailer

Bibimap is certainly ricey. It's really nice when done right. Mine was a but thrown together though. I had some beansprouts and too many carrots so it just kinds happened. It was tasty enough but if I served it to a Korean there would be a diplomatic incident.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Bibimbap is so yummy! Yumyumyum. I haven't had it in a long time. The versions I've had are steamed rice with a bunch of vegetables and a fried egg on top. Maybe there was a little more going on, but that's what I remember.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

For me: Log what I eat in MFP, maintain a deficit - I've just started tracking again this week. My goals are set with a 250 calorie deficit, but I've had a bigger deficit than that every day so far. Edit: To make this a little harder, gonna add in a requirement for 100g of protein.

Exception: I am going to a wedding this weekend. I don't expect Saturday to be a deficit.

Bibimbap where I've had it (which is one particular Korean restaurant) is rice, in a really hot stoneware bowl, with some veggies and meat on top, with a raw egg in the middle. It comes to the table sizzling, you stir it up to cook the egg into it. Some of the rice will stick to the bowl because it's very hot.

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

I'm a day late but I'd like to join.

For me "perfect eating" is

• no alcohol
  • no soda (diet or otherwise)
  • At least one serving of vegetables

It's a little sad that my goal for daily veggies is ONE, but there are definitely days when I don't even hit. Oy.

Main Quest: Run 8 miles

Longest run so far: 6.22 @ 11:27

77%
77%

6 Week Challenge (Level 2) Kellbot's Going the Distance

Previous Challenge (Level 1) Aerial silks training and questing for 10 pull ups

Do you even lift? How lifting weights taught me to love my body

Count me in.

For me 'Good Eating' means lots of fruit and veg, lean protein, a small amount of whole carbs, lots of water, lots of fermented/probiotic foods and between 1400 - 1600 calories a day.

No: added sugars/sweeteners, no aspartame, minimal packaged/processed foods.

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

I will start this now!  (Don't mind the beer and chips I just ate... so the first day is a zero for me but I can do great starting now).

For bgvanbur, clean eating is 100% primal (so paleo including quality dairy).

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

I did ok yesterday! The only thing I cheated on a bit was my grain consumption. I had a buffalo chicken salad sandwich for lunch, then a turkey burger for dinner, so ciabatta buns twice rather than once. (Found a recipe for homemade ciabatta rolls, totally becoming my project this weekend). When I am done with my lab that never ends class at the end of June, I will start AL-sourdough experimentation. Yay, fermented grains!

This morning was pizza egg scramble -- eggs, bell pepper, onion, turkey pepperoni, Italian blend cheese ... because that's how I roll when I don't have bacon ;)

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Eggs with cheese and toppings are a good substitute for pizza when trying to cut out carbs/grains :)  Coming from someone who was obsessed with pizza (I have several screennames of pizzaslicer).

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Yes, apparently we are really doing ponies, lol. It's pretty scouty, I suppose! Maybe we can get @Rookie to join us with the equestrian twist :)

In for the ponies!!!!! :D I will come back later to post my definition of clean eating ;)

• Like 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

*walks in shyly* Sorry I'm late

This is going to be one interesting challenge for me because I'm going to be all over the place the next couple weeks. 4 more days in Moscow, then 6 days in Copenhagen, a 20 hour layover in Iceland, then settling back in rural New York for the summer

So, for me, it's going to be:

Eat veggies (fresh salad or frozen veggies) daily <- I'm really, really bad about this

Eat fruit daily <- I love fruit, but I'm terrible and only rarely eat it, so this is baby steps for me no matter how much I get. Goal is at least one of something fruity a day (and not fruity flavored candy! NO, RACHEL! NO!)

Start attempting to log my food on MFP again <- logging on daily does help keep me in line, but logging my food is terribly difficult here because most things aren't in the database and also don't have nutrition facts :/  I have a lot of friends, but if someone wants to be my ass-kicker about this, add me: bregalad5 (goal is to attempt so my diary might be lacking or not complete, but it's the effort that I'm counting here, ha)

Continue my attempt at drinking a minimum of 2 liters of water daily <- been pretty good about this but want to continue :)

Ok, that's a lot of stuff for me right now... :)

Rachel's Epic Deed List, aka my Bucket List   Bregalad? Sounds familiar...

Quest #1 Quest #2 Quest #3
"The sight of the huge world put mad ideas into me; as if I could wander away, wander forever, see strange and beautiful things, one after the other to the world's end." ~ CS Lewis

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going." ~Samwise Gamgee

Little Late but love this so Im in and will just be a wee bit shorter, but hopefully can get me some ponies (OMG ponies!)

Perfect Eating for Moi

1) No corn (or gluten, but that never changes)

2) No unnecessary calories/sugar from liquids eg juice, frappes, soda, any alcohol etc.  (Im allowed lime juice, whole milk and rehydration solution - not the sugary type).

3) Vegis included in both lunch and dinner

4) At the end of the day assess did I make good decisions with food today - Answer should be yes!

Im off on holiday for the later half of this, in which most meals are provided (they know my allergies) so hopefully I can at least still do the best I can.

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

At a trade show today . . . feared what I'd be able to find for lunch (considered buying & bringing a salad but then I'd have been eating a salad that'd  been wilting in my bag for 5 hours which didn't sound very appealing). Yay for the Javits Center, alongside the sandwiches and greasy pizza and such there was a Korean buffet thingy where you could load up on veggies & spicy meats. Meats seemed ot have been cooked in a slightly sweet sauce, but it wasn't like a gloppy teriyaki or anything, and I ate it with tons of veg (kim chee and mushrooms and spinach and sprouts and broccoli . . . oh my!). Win for Team Clean!

• Like 1

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

Little Late but love this so Im in and will just be a wee bit shorter, but hopefully can get me some ponies (OMG ponies!)

Perfect Eating for Moi

1) No corn (or gluten, but that never changes)

2) No unnecessary calories/sugar from liquids eg juice, frappes, soda, any alcohol etc.  (Im allowed lime juice, whole milk and rehydration solution - not the sugary type).

3) Vegis included in both lunch and dinner

4) At the end of the day assess did I make good decisions with food today - Answer should be yes!

Im off on holiday for the later half of this, in which most meals are provided (they know my allergies) so hopefully I can at least still do the best I can.

Sounds like a good plan! Your new avatar is adorable, by the way.

• Like 1

I made it yesterday, but just barely. My daughter was driving me NUTS and a beer sounded REALLY TASTY.

Dinner was quinoa and steamed veggies in a ginger sauce. So delicious!

• Like 1

Main Quest: Run 8 miles

Longest run so far: 6.22 @ 11:27

77%
77%

6 Week Challenge (Level 2) Kellbot's Going the Distance

Previous Challenge (Level 1) Aerial silks training and questing for 10 pull ups

Do you even lift? How lifting weights taught me to love my body

5/29:  I was SO close to making it! I resisted the urge to eat anything sweet, and even managed to fit in a green tea as I was rushing out of the office but realized once the day was over that I hadn't had ANY veggies -- I was running around for most of the day so my carefully packed salad went untouched :(

5/30: A perfect day! Had hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, a paleo protein bar for a snack, a great salad with my csa greens for lunch, a fruit and kale smoothie for a snack post-workout, then chicken, potatoes, and brussel sprouts for dinner.  I had a green tea on my way out of town and two and half water bottles throughout the day.  Woo!

Train so your heroes become your peers.

I made it yesterday, but just barely. My daughter was driving me NUTS and a beer sounded REALLY TASTY.

Dinner was quinoa and steamed veggies in a ginger sauce. So delicious!

Goooood job. That dinner sounds amazing.

5/29:  I was SO close to making it! I resisted the urge to eat anything sweet, and even managed to fit in a green tea as I was rushing out of the office but realized once the day was over that I hadn't had ANY veggies -- I was running around for most of the day so my carefully packed salad went untouched :(

5/30: A perfect day! Had hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, a paleo protein bar for a snack, a great salad with my csa greens for lunch, a fruit and kale smoothie for a snack post-workout, then chicken, potatoes, and brussel sprouts for dinner.  I had a green tea on my way out of town and two and half water bottles throughout the day.  Woo!

You have a CSA! Very jealous.

5/30 did not work out too well. I spent too much time at home with a full fridge and pantry :$

I've heard about that problem before. Keep trying!

In my world, 2 days staying within net calorie limits and eating 100+ g protein a day. Today looks good, too. Going in for the pony!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling. I have a W30 or maybe even W42 in my next challenge so maybe I was too ambitious in the mini.

I have been kind of a rock of diet control for 3 months, yesterday in the grocery store with my carefully written list I found myself near tears (I'm definitely not a crier) and just at the end of my rope. I ended up with $75 of carefully chosen groceries and $30 of cookies, bread and wine. I don't know if it was stress (not a crier = not someone who processes emotion on the front burner in real time) or hormones or just garden variety weakness, but .... You know how when it comes to exercise or cravings sometimes we advocate listening to our bodies? I still haven't decided if I was doing that or just being a shitbag.

Moral of the story, my quest for ponies has been slightly delayed. Luckily we have two mini's so I can take pride in helping my team on the other one while I deal with whatever is going on over here :)

Rant over. Sorry :)

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines