Yeah... "Money's worth" - that's why I'm still playing.  It's been officially released for about a week, and I'm just over here like 'man, I paid $75 for this..?'

That's why I never bought WoW.  I got it from the store and kept it on my shelf above my computer for a week, unopened.  I said to myself one day, "Do you really want to start something like this, knowing you're that type of person?"  I returned it the next day so I totally choose to never play it, even when it was 11 million people strong.  I know if I did buy it, I would have sunk hundreds of dollars into that. I did the math and in monthly payments alone, if I played it as much as I played Diablo II, I would have spent $700 bucks.

That'd be awesome :D Is there an expiration date?

And yeah GW2 is awesome becasue they don't have monthly fees :D. I also like the dye system, But apparently they put out a bunch of updates since I played awhile ago so I'm sure there's a bunch of new stuff lol

• Like 1

Adventurer, Level: 1.

STR 2 | DEX  1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

"Happiness can be found, Even in the darkest of times, If only one remembers to turn on the light." - Dumbledore.

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam.

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.†- Galadriel.

Hi all! 

I've joined the chat a couple times and really enjoyed meeting a couple of the regulars in there - Ratchetz (sp?), Catspaw, that other one who changes her name based on what she's doing..., spezzy, and that's just from memory.  I can tell that The Rebellion is going to suit me just fine. 

Lessee... I'm 27, been married for a year.  I was in the best shape of my life before my long distance boyfriend moved in--but, as they say, love causes weight gain!   :tongue: I was on track for a while, and even did numerous 5k, including the Warrior Dash, then I had a major set-back.  I developed a back injury, seemingly out of nowhere, that set me back considerably.  I found it difficult to work out due to muscle spasms and nerve pain.  I've regained about 23 pounds over the past year and a half.  You can't out-run the fork, especially if you're not moving. 

I've gotten the issues mostly under control thanks to the help of regular chiropractic care, but I'm still working on physical therapy to re-condition the muscles.  It really doesn't help that I'm so overweight.

I love to play PC games--I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2, and I'm gearing up for the release of Wild Star this weekend.  My husband and our friends play board games (like Firefly, and Risk), and card games (MTG), as well as console games (we had a Mario themed wedding).

My real-life end-game would see me at about 180 lbs, having fun in 5ks and not experiencing chronic back pain any more. 

Currently, I'm 243, have back pain daily, and I'd be considered sedentary except for the fact that I stand all day (even though I work at an office). 

The mini goals that I have to get to the end-game are to: 

1. Participate in my first 6-week challenge (I'm already signed up!) 

2. Transition to a paleo template

3. Remain committed to daily physical therapy

I'm really inspired by everyone's PRs and accomplishments.  If you'd like to welcome me and inspire me, tell me (in short) where you were when you started with Nerd Fitness and where you're at now.  I love to read success stories.

Best, 

Aminarra

Ahhh I love board games as well :D The Firefly game was awesome, I recently played that one. If you haven't tried them check out Mansions of Madness, the Battlestar Galactica board game and Mystery of the Abbey!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

That'd be awesome :D Is there an expiration date?

And yeah GW2 is awesome becasue they don't have monthly fees :D. I also like the dye system, But apparently they put out a bunch of updates since I played awhile ago so I'm sure there's a bunch of new stuff lol

I dunno... I didn't pay much attention.  PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send it over.

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Ahhh I love board games as well :D The Firefly game was awesome, I recently played that one. If you haven't tried them check out Mansions of Madness, the Battlestar Galactica board game and Mystery of the Abbey!

Ah, cool!  You might like Risk: Legacy.  It's really fun because the game evolves as you play it.  I've never heard of Mansions of Madness, but I'll have to check it out.  Battlestar Galactica sounds fun :D I liked the show, so why not?

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

You're totally awesome, Thanks :D

Going to pop over to your challenge thread :)

Adventurer, Level: 1.

STR 2 | DEX  1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

"Happiness can be found, Even in the darkest of times, If only one remembers to turn on the light." - Dumbledore.

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam.

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.†- Galadriel.