Back with a Vengeance: Krebsicle's Battle Log

Hey friends,

So it's been almost a year since I last posted on this forum (dammit, school year), but I've spent my year being pretty active. So, now that summer's here again, I think it's time to start posting again. 

As a quick update of what I've been up to, I spent the whole school year rock climbing, and met some really awesome friends through the local climbing gym. I've become a regular boulderer, and would like to eventually get belay certified and learn how to top rope.

Second semester, I joined the club women's rugby team (during winter fitness training, no less). I met a bunch of awesome people through that as well, and over the course of the semester, they became my teammates and friends. I learned to play 15's, socialed, went to all the requisite initiations, in general just became very into the sport.

This summer, I'll be working on research for my senior thesis, studying for the GRE, climbing at the rock climbing gym, and doing the summer fitness program that our rugby captains sent to us. One of my housemates this summer is a bodybuilder, so I think that will also be good for my fitness.

My focus for the summer, even more so than fitness, is going to have to be nutrition. It's so important, but I frequently struggle with it, so I'm going to try to devote a lot of energy to cooking and eating right. It'll be tough because of budget constraints, but I hope it'll go well.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know many more of you, and here's to a summer of gettin' swoll!  :tyrannosaurus:

Shorn - Level 1 Shadar-Kai

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 2 CHA - 2 

Current Challenge: N/A  

Daily Battle Log

--------------------------------

"You're faster than this -- don't think you are, know you are." ~Morpheus, The Matrix

Gary was here! Ash is a loser!

Thanks, guys! I'm really glad to be back :)

I still eat mostly vegetarian, but I've recently been trying to add some fish back into my diet, both because I like cooking it and because I needed a protein boost. I've been considering adding some meats back in too, but I haven't made a final decision yet.

My rugby captains sent out our summer fitness workout series last week, which for forwards, includes a 3x/week lift and 1-2x/week cardio. I'll probably post it later, since this workout series plus 2x/week of climbing is basically my entire fitness plan for the summer.

I've also created a personal accountability spreadsheet on Google Drive, which I think will help me a lot (I'll post a link to that later too!). It's basically a calendar with the workout that I have to do that day listed underneath. If I successfully do a workout, I highlight the box in green, and if I miss a workout, I'll highlight it in red. The goal will be to have as little red on the spreadsheet as possible!

Also totally unrelated but I found a rugby ball smiley in the emoticons list, so :rugby:  :rugby:  :rugby:

• Like 1

Shorn - Level 1 Shadar-Kai

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 2 CHA - 2 

Current Challenge: N/A  

Daily Battle Log

--------------------------------

"You're faster than this -- don't think you are, know you are." ~Morpheus, The Matrix

Gary was here! Ash is a loser!