Teros (9): Flawless Victory

Teros

Hi everyone!  I'm Teros and this will be my 9th challenge.   I slumped the last 2 weeks of the previous challenge because of depression and then a massive screw up in terms of eating.  I'm a sad panda because of this

sad_sam_game_of_thrones.gif

I'm fixing that this challenge by coming back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxcWbOZ-AC8

What helped me immensely was believing in Consistency>Intensity last challenge. I want to keep going with this by building a full everyday routine.

This challenge I'm aiming for a Flawless Victory

1) Whole 30- Gotta eat right. Nothing else to say.

2) Cold Showers- I just started taking cooler showers in the morning. It's tough to not turn the heat up but I do feel better so this is something I want to get used to.  I've read a bunch of benefits from taking cold showers.

3) Workout Routine-  I want to work out everyday but the amount varies per day.  I at least want to get a 20 minute walk in everyday in the mornings with my dog before I have to go to work.  On non-work days I'll be doing:  Walking & P/L/P & Sledgehammer & Kettelbell & Sandbag.  Any mix of those.  I'm currently up to 30/30/10(rows) and I hope to get up to 50/50/50(rows or upgrade weight) by the end of the challenge.

4) Survive g/f's family OR something else to be named later.

Last year was a clusterf$@k when her family came up.  I went from eating relatively paleo pre-family to eating donuts and Doritos for breakfast and feeling sick to my stomach every single day.  Literally ate take-out 2-3 times a day, every day, for a solid week.  It spiraled both my g/f and I into eating more horrible garbage for months until I did my first whole 30.  I want to have a plan and I want to make sure my g/f talks to her mom so we have a couple of planned cheats as opposed the garbage-thon we went through.

*Possible #5* Meditate on the wall of positivity for 5 minutes a day:

20140524_125236_zpsh9bup4ho.jpg

Points to be figured out later.

• Like 12

Great challenge!! So... I searched for the benefits of cold showers, and it looks like a pretty solid list! I think I might try this as well, especially if it helps with depression! Good luck with the GF's family... I know what you are going through, but it is both mine and hub's families! LOL

youre-awesome.png

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Looks like a good challenge to follow up the last one Teros! I did the cold shower stuff several challenges ago and am doing that again this time. It's tough at first, but it gets really awesome after a while. If you actually stop cold showers after that you start to be like "What's this? This isn't a real shower anymore...there's none of the great feeling anymore". Good luck with that one, it's definitely a challenge each time.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

You've got flawless eating paired with a challenging time with family....this sounds like a disaster. The vast majority of us will and do succumb when when placed in this position. It may be less stressful to acknowledge that you're a human and you won't eat a diet perfectly, especially given the pending circumstances.

Beyond that, good that you are building the habit. That's the keystone upon which all the rest of this will be built.

• Like 1

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

Awwww Teros/ Sam Tarly don't be sad panda!  Those goals look pretty solid, the best way to attempt to overcome the relatives is to have a plan, but also admit you're human and MAY slip up-just so long as it doesn't turn into a big binge.  Your thread this time around immediately brought to mind my "rally song" from last summer (when I was training for Run For Your Lives)

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

You've got flawless eating paired with a challenging time with family....this sounds like a disaster. The vast majority of us will and do succumb when when placed in this position. It may be less stressful to acknowledge that you're a human and you won't eat a diet perfectly, especially given the pending circumstances.

The whole 30 is a 30 day program. I started in June1st, so I'll be done before july.  G/f's mom and her special needs brother will be showing up on the second week of july, right around the end of the challenge. I can totally get the whole 30 done before they even show up.  As for when they do come up;

I want to have a plan and I want to make sure my g/f talks to her mom so we have a couple of planned cheats as opposed the garbage-thon we went through.

I want to minimize the damage. I'm still going to go to a local bakery, and get some Italian food to splurge. I just don't want that to be a catalyst for eating take-out/junk food 2-3 times a day, everyday.  I can't forget eating a donut and doritos for breakfast and feeling sick as I ate it and thinking to myself, "god, I hate myself and this family."   I don't want that.  Off the top of my head, this was eaten in a week last year they came up:

Dunkin Donuts x 3

Ritas x 2

Deluise Bakery

Calvitos Bakery

Campanellas

Weinorama

Smokey Bones

Chinese Buffet

Newpory Creamry

Junk Food grocery shopping (at least 100 bucks worth of chips, cookies, ect.)

Pizza from some place I forget

Scramblers

I forget the name of the italian resteraunt down the road

------

Keep in mind that a majority of these places; more than a serving was bought. The bakerys for instance had at least 12+ things for only 4 people.  400 dollars was spent on food alone, no exaggeration.

I'd like to have something bad like...4 meals that week instead of 21.  I think that's realistic to have take-out every other day and instead have some normal food like chicken cutlets or sausage and peppers as opposed to 4 muffins for dinner.  I know that I'm not going to get through it unscathed but I sure as hell don't want to have a 2-month binge and spiral into a depression like last year.

• Like 5

I love the wall of positivity! Now go kick ass!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Well thought out challenge as expected from our fearless leader. We are here to support you!

I can't get on board with the cold shower thing though but curious as to how it works for you.

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Those are some sexy looking goals! Well thought out and achievable!  

Maybe another strategy for when the gf's family comes out is planning some "special meals" that you cook at home which are secretly healthy but come off as impressive?  I'm not sure what your culinary skill is, but I'm sure there are things that you could find that would be doable! 

I find too that when I'm trying to eat healthy, going to a restaurant is better than take out because then you don't have to eat the same crap they do.  Find restaurants or even takeout places and pre-choose what you want to eat! 

• Like 2

Love the wall of positivity. I might have to steal that idea and make one for myself. I know I could have used it last night (long story, involves an ex, ugh).

And yay for going to work on a plan for when the g/f's family comes into town. My stomach turned at the thought of having Doritos for breakfast. A few bad meals here or there isn't bad, but that list, ugh, that list from last time *shudders*.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Just remember, YOU are in charge of what you put in your body!! You can totally do this!! Feed yourself the foods that are going to make your body and mind feel good (and you KNOW that is NOT crappy junk food... it might taste good for a while, while you are eating it, but you know you will regret it and feel worse afterwards!)! Don't give anyone else that much power over you! :)

f9c5f65bb175ad01d431381964e754d5.jpg   1a4368cf97903d86cae0a0a0c88ddae3.jpg    cd68d267e791bab8c1f6618ee30282b3.jpg    e0e24a50fa1f2451d9d9c80c34ae26ee.jpg

<3

• Like 1

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Spoiler

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

Great goals.  Good luck dealing with the girlfriend's family.  Any chance you can convince them to eat healthy?

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

I love the wall of positivity! Now go kick ass!

Already starting. Day 4 of whole 30 and I'm taking 'cool showers' for about a week.  I'll attempt colder showers once the challenge starts up.

AweSome. ... and I Love you!

Love ya too :)

Well thought out challenge as expected from our fearless leader. We are here to support you!

I can't get on board with the cold shower thing though but curious as to how it works for you.

Thanks.  I've read a lot of benefits to it and I do feel cleaner and more peppy, but there's supposed to be a lot more to it than that.  I'm hoping to have less of an afro and have it easier to comb my luxurious mane so I look less like Jerry Garcia.

Maybe another strategy for when the gf's family comes out is planning some "special meals" that you cook at home which are secretly healthy but come off as impressive?

I've struck first and said that I love her mom's chicken cutlets (which is just generic breaded chicken but shhhh.... don't want her to know that.)  Her mom just called and I asked about what other things she likes to make.  Her mom LOVES me so she's excited to make a couple things like eggplant parm and sausage with peppers now.

In response, we're going to make a spaghetti squash casserole and probably w30 sloppy joes. Not sure what else.

Love the wall of positivity. I might have to steal that idea and make one for myself. I know I could have used it last night (long story, involves an ex, ugh).

And yay for going to work on a plan for when the g/f's family comes into town. My stomach turned at the thought of having Doritos for breakfast. A few bad meals here or there isn't bad, but that list, ugh, that list from last time *shudders*.

Yeah, it WAS gross but I felt like I was in a food coma/food zombie.  I hated that I was eating it while I was eating it.  Btw, if you need to vent your long story elsewhere via PM, you always can.

Any chance you can convince them to eat healthy?

wait.  wait.

Someone filmed me as I was reading that statement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqLFl-TkeLw

Her mom literally has coffee, poptarts, and cigarretts.  And g/f's brother put up such a fight to eat some mixed vegetables 2 years ago that he made himself throw up on the floor in front of everyone.  Because of some peas.  One. Mouthful. Of. Peas.  I haven't been able to eat mixed vegetables since.

No chance. Ever.  That's a cute joke though. :tongue:

G/f is a bit snippy today.  Still detoxing!

• Like 3

Thanks for the offer! But I'm already venting to one of my friends via text message. Next week's skype call is going to be fun, lol.

I may need to look into the benefits of cold showers. You have me intrigued about the hair being less of an afro. Mine is so fried from dying and straightening it I could use any help I can get making it less frizzy and poofy.

I hear you though on the food coma/zombie deal. Your eyes and brain see what you're eating and scream "noo!" but your mouth and hands just don't respond and keep on shoving the crap in. I swear those foods are laced with some drug or something to make it harder and harder for people to resist once they get started.

And awesome for making the first strike! If a mom loves you and loves to cook, always play that card. Works 90% of the time. The other 10%, that's usually holidays like Mothers Day, or after a big food holiday, lol.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Ah, one of those families.  Commiserations.  It was worth a shot though.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

hehe, you so silly Teros!

taco-bell-reveals-ingredients-used-in-be

612.jpg

:)

• Like 3

Spoiler

100%
19%

Crap - double post!

Spoiler

100%
19%

Excellent goals Teros! Looking forward to seeing you through Round (or matches) 1-6!

But for now, Training... FIGHT!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines