[TaraTheMiddle] Tara: The Goal Slayer

Hi! I'm Tara and this will be my first challenge. 

Race: Slayer 

Mission: To be kick ass, help people, and save the day! 

Main Quest: Size 12

Plan of Attack: 1.)  Track Macros  (Daily Y/N)

2.)  Follow Nerd Fitness Academy Workouts (3 Strength training sessions a week) 

3.)  Maintain Level 4 of NFA Diet (feel no guilt over conscious unhealthy choices, just never 2 in a row, )

Life Quest: 100 Blog Followers

Plan of Attack: 1.)  Write 3 Posts/Week 

2.)  Post On Instagram 2/Day 

3.)  Share Blog Link on Facebook 2/Week

Starting Point and Reason Why:

a2b12919-bbbc-45cf-a1b7-20f61816cc25.jpg
Size 16 (occasionally 14); Weight: 180 

Reason Why (Written on mirror but hard to see): To set the best example for Anna Marie, so that she may never know this struggle. And to blow Mike away when he gets home from deployment. 
  • Like 11

- Kicking ass is comfort food.- 

Left The Shire: 2/7/14 Reached Rivendell: 6/2/14

Battle Log 

Challenges: 1

Hi Tara. Sounds great! Is Anna Marie your daughter? How old is she? Thats my motivation too. I never want my daughter to struggle with weight or think crash diets are ok!

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Sounds good. Do you have a way of grading these goals?  Good luck and have fun :)

I have a spreadsheet where I will track yes or no on each one for each day. I will then determine a grade based on percentage of days that I achieve the specified tasks. I just set it up like I would a grade book at work because that seemed easiest to me. 

Hi Tara. Sounds great! Is Anna Marie your daughter? How old is she? Thats my motivation too. I never want my daughter to struggle with weight or think crash diets are ok!

Yep. She's 16 months old. I don't want her to ever have to think about food the way so many of my friends and I do. :) 

• Like 2

Battle Log 

My daughter Wilhelmina is 17 months old. it's amazing how everything chnages once you have little girl! I'll be hanging with on this one, it'll be my first challenge tooand im determined to get through it even with a toddler dranging on my legs lol

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Jumping in to follow you on your quest!!

What type of blog do you have? Would you mind sharing with us, or is it private?

Thanks for following! :) 

It's not private, but it is pretty new and sparse. I intend to make it a motivational/inspirational blog. http://tarathemiddle.blogspot.com/

Getting my blog going is just the first step in getting my writing career off the ground. My plan is to use the life quest aspect to build on this over multiple challenges. 

My daughter Wilhelmina is 17 months old. it's amazing how everything chnages once you have little girl! I'll be hanging with on this one, it'll be my first challenge tooand im determined to get through it even with a toddler dranging on my legs lol

Lol, I totally agree: I will get through this, even with a toddler dragging from my legs. That is going to be my motto! :)

• Like 1

Battle Log 

WOOT! I can't commiserate on the toddler thing... but as for being a good example for the kiddlets?? mine will DEFINITLY tell you that my eating habits have worn off on them :) Teenagers who actually WANT to cook with broccoli?!?!?

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

WOOT! I can't commiserate on the toddler thing... but as for being a good example for the kiddlets?? mine will DEFINITLY tell you that my eating habits have worn off on them :) Teenagers who actually WANT to cook with broccoli?!?!?

LOL! I have a toddler that likes to eat artichoke hearts for snacks and I have to hide the bananas or she'll beg for more, more, more. Hopefully she'll still be that way when she's a teenager, too! :D (PS- your interview with Steve was awesome and inspiring.) 

• Like 1

Battle Log 

Welcome Tara, we're glad to have you here.

Great goals, do you have a yard stick you're measuring against? E.g. what is your daily macro or how workouts do you want to do a week etc? 

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Welcome Tara, we're glad to have you here.

Great goals, do you have a yard stick you're measuring against? E.g. what is your daily macro or how workouts do you want to do a week etc? 

Good luck

AB xx

For macros the only goal this challenge is to track them. I want to build the habit before I start setting number goals for each macro. So if I track all 42 days I will be at 100% A+, if I miss 2 days I will be at 95% and just an A, and so on and so forth. For the next challenge I will set goals for each macro. 

My exercise plan is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48428-taras-transformation-log/

I strength train 3 days a week, I have one large, low impact cardio day a week (because I like walking) and then I have step goals for each day of the week, just to ensure I am active every day. :)

Battle Log 

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. I'm not sure what the Nerd Fitness Academy workouts consist of, but I suspect it involves a lot of bodyweight exercises.  Which means you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hi Tara!!

I am an Ambassador with the Scouts Guild - we mostly focus on endurance sports like running, swimming, and cycling, so I may not have much advice for you in my official capacity. HOWEVER, my husband is also overseas right now and making sure his jaw drops at homecoming is also one of my motivations :) So best of luck to you, I'm excited to see how amazingly you do these 6 weeks!

PS - No toddler, but my husband is an insanely picky eater so I may find some sympathy with you there as well, lol.

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Awesome motivation, right there! Blogging is definitely great to keep yourself from a writer's block. And we're all here to cheer you on as well. 

Good luck with everything and I wish you all the best during the upcoming 6 weeks. :)

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. I'm not sure what the Nerd Fitness Academy workouts consist of, but I suspect it involves a lot of bodyweight exercises.  Which means you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

Hi Hazard! I've actually been having a hard time deciding between Ranger or Assassin. I like bodyweight work outs but I also like doing a lot of walking. :) 

I really appreciate all the support you guys are giving me! I'm so excited to have stumbled across this community. 

• Like 2

Battle Log 

Hi Hazard! I've actually been having a hard time deciding between Ranger or Assassin. I like bodyweight work outs but I also like doing a lot of walking. :)

You have a lot of time to decide.  Walking isn't specific to any guild though.  I walk a lot.  And I'm sure you can find people in every guild who do. :D

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Welcome to NF and best of luck with your challenge!

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

Super motivation!

Oh, and I seem to be following Hazard around somehow, so I'll put in a plug in for the Rangers, 'cause being in the Rangers guild rocks! (But some of my best friends are assassins...) :) You'll figure out which guild calls to you in due time.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I have a spreadsheet where I will track yes or no on each one for each day. I will then determine a grade based on percentage of days that I achieve the specified tasks. I just set it up like I would a grade book at work because that seemed easiest to me. 

I love this idea. I may have to borrow it for myself. 

I, too, have the same child-motivation. My little one is 2 and she's a runner! I'll be following your progress. :D

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Found you on the Renaissance Rebels group, and came over here to cheer you on. Sounds like a good challenge. :D

Obviously I'm biased about which guild I like the best :) but you have over 6 weeks to decide. And even then, you're not stuck with your choice. You can change guilds every challenge if you want. So don't stress.

• Like 2

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines