A step in the right direction

Main Quest: Be able to do a full 5K without walking at all!!!!

Goal #1- three thirty minute cardio sessions every week.

Doesn't matter its jogging the track, elliptical, treadmill, bike, anything will do, all about building up some consistency at this point. 

Goal #2- three strength workouts every week

I know I'm going to need to build up some muscle in my legs so my focus is going to be on body weight exercises, lunges, squats, push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks, 10 counts, planks, arm circles, all that good stuff. But I also have a kettle bell workout dvd that I absolutely love and am hoping to up my weight on my bell by the end of this challenge. Current kettle bell weight is 8lbs. (and yes my kettle bell is in pounds i know its weird i got it at wal-mart so whatever :-p) So if I could double the weight to 15lbs (or watever the kg equivalent is) that would be fantastic and definitely worth bonus points.

Goal #3- Be properly hydrated for this entire challenge.

Drinking freaking water. A lot. All the time. I think I read or heard somewhere that you are supposed to drink your body weight in ounces everyday. SO I'm roughly 150lbs so that equals 150 ounces of h2o. sounds good to me. I know how much it affects your bodys energy levels and recovery time when you are properly hydrated so I think this might be my most important goal, even though it sounds the easiest. 

Side Quest- pay off $400 worth of debt. 

Okay so those are my goals for my first 6 week challenge. I definitely think I am capable of accomplishing all of these things my biggest struggle is probably going to be sticking to it and doing something every single day to accomplish these things. I am hoping to give my self some accountability by posting on my progress on this thread almost everyday of the challenge so look forward to that. :)

• Like 2

Level 1 Amazon, training with the Scouts.

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

6 week challenge goal: 20 minute sustained run/jog

Welcome natkal. 

You have some good goals and you're definitely going the right way in doing this.  Have you got a rating/reward system that you're going to be using?

Good luck

AB xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. It looks like with the bodyweight training you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

Here is a link to more information about the Assassin guild.

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hi there, Natkal! I am an Ambassador from the Scouts Guild, it looks like you are right up our alley! We love endurance training like running, cycling, and swimming. And we REALLY SERIOUSLY OMG love 5K's, haha! You have some great goals, they look fairly manageable to track and grade.

If you'd like some advice, support, or camaraderie from fellow runners, follow the link in my signature to the Scouts Tavern! You'll also see a link to a C25K Accountabilibuddies group - AB groups are a great way to meet friends, especially in your first challenge. I didn't see you mention using an app to track your running progress, but we'd still definitely welcome a fellow 5K runner. There are lots of other AB groups that may suit you even better :)

Good luck! I'll be coming by to see how you're doing. 

• Like 1

Level 7 DINOSAUR Scout
STR: 9 - CON: 12 - DEX: 6 - STA: 10 - WIS: 16 - CHA: 11
Current Challenge
Scouts Base Camp
Scouts Tavern

Good luck on your 5k! I am also working toward running 5k without stopping (my cardio is really bad right now, but one day at a time :) ). 

I'll definitely follow your thread to see how everything is going for you. Keep hydrated: water is probably one of the best ways to fuel yourself and keep energized. :)

All the best! 

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Nice challenge goals. Is there a specific 5K you're training for?

No I am not training for any specific 5K race at the moment. There is just a 5K track very conveniently located to where i am living right now and I am somewhat ashamed to admit hat I have never utilized it in the six-ish months I have been living here. So that will definitely be changing. Anyways, I am definitely going to be doing research and looking into some 5K events in my local area over the summer and hopefully find a fun one that I will enter in but right now my goal is mostly aimed at taking advantage of the track that is like very literally in my backyard. 

Welcome natkal. 

You have some good goals and you're definitely going the right way in doing this.  Have you got a rating/reward system that you're going to be using?

Good luck

AB xx

I do not have a grading system figured out quite yet. I am going to have to do some research into that this week and come up with something. I'm thinking right now like a grade school A through F scale on each individual workout that I do, while keeping a log of how much time and effort that I put into each one, and of course extra credit is always good. And for a reward it's probably gonna be buying myself some new workout gear. How much I get to splurge depends on how good my grades are haha. love it already.

Hey, cool goals, hope the 5k goes well, running is my biggest challenge physically so if you can do the 5k I have great respect for you :-)

@Sabertooth-Kitty

Thank you sooooo much. running is my biggest issue as well, and honestly kind of a fear of mine as I have injured myself in the past not knowing how to run and just jumping into it thinking I was some kind of gazelle or something. But thats why I made it my first challenge goal. I freaking hate it and just the idea stresses me out. SO my plan of attack is to educate myself as much as possible. Execute this in a way that I wont re injure myself, and conquer this freaking fear once and for all. And maybe one day I'll be one of those freaky people who actually enjoy running......maybe? Ha.

Hello!

I’m Hazard, an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. It looks like with the bodyweight training you may have goals similar to many in our guild work on, and we’d love to help you reach your goals!

If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, I'll happily assist you.  An easy way to get my attention is to use the quote button at the bottom right corner of any of my posts.  I have the forum setting turned on to alert me when somebody quotes me using that button, so it's a quick easy way to let me know you're talking to me. :)  You can also get in touch with me by posting on my own challenge topic or by using the forum private messenger system (the envelope button at the very top of the screen).

And here is a link to the Assassin phonebook with a list of various exercises/skills that guild members are working on for this challenge, as well as links to their challenge topics.

There are numerous other people in the Assassin’s guild who you can also get help from.  I recommend stopping by the Assassin's Den – a general chat thread in the guild forum – and introducing yourself.  You can always ask questions there too.

In any case, I’ll stop by from time to time to check in with you and offer support.  Good luck!

Hey sweet I will definitely be checking out your guild. I am still earning my way around this community so that will help a lot. I am definitely excited about the body weight training and will probably have lots of questions for you. Thank you for your support already. : )

• Like 1

Hello!

Hey sweet I will definitely be checking out your guild. I am still earning my way around this community so that will help a lot. I am definitely excited about the body weight training and will probably have lots of questions for you. Thank you for your support already. : )

Hi there, Natkal! I am an Ambassador from the Scouts Guild, it looks like you are right up our alley! We love endurance training like running, cycling, and swimming. And we REALLY SERIOUSLY OMG love 5K's, haha! You have some great goals, they look fairly manageable to track and grade.

If you'd like some advice, support, or camaraderie from fellow runners, follow the link in my signature to the Scouts Tavern! You'll also see a link to a C25K Accountabilibuddies group - AB groups are a great way to meet friends, especially in your first challenge. I didn't see you mention using an app to track your running progress, but we'd still definitely welcome a fellow 5K runner. There are lots of other AB groups that may suit you even better :)

Hi Kailer. Thank you for your offers to help me with the running and endurance because I am definitely going to need it. Running is something I have been avoiding basically forever, and like I said I have a history of improper execution that led me to get a little hurt in the past and therefore supply me with all kinds of excuses not to do it again. But no more I say. I am doing my research this time around and will definitely be utilizing your guild to help me along this challenge. 

As far as using an app goes, that is also something i will be looking more into because I like the way that it is structured and timed for me. But not necessarily my main plan as far as cardio workouts go because I know that with my current schedule I will be needing a little more flexibility with my workouts. But zombies, RUN! is definitely awesome and I will absolutely be using it. 

Hello!

Hi Kailer. Thank you for your offers to help me with the running and endurance because I am definitely going to need it. Running is something I have been avoiding basically forever, and like I said I have a history of improper execution that led me to get a little hurt in the past and therefore supply me with all kinds of excuses not to do it again. But no more I say. I am doing my research this time around and will definitely be utilizing your guild to help me along this challenge. 

As far as using an app goes, that is also something i will be looking more into because I like the way that it is structured and timed for me. But not necessarily my main plan as far as cardio workouts go because I know that with my current schedule I will be needing a little more flexibility with my workouts. But zombies, RUN! is definitely awesome and I will absolutely be using it. 

Good luck on your 5k! I am also working toward running 5k without stopping (my cardio is really bad right now, but one day at a time :) ). 

I'll definitely follow your thread to see how everything is going for you. Keep hydrated: water is probably one of the best ways to fuel yourself and keep energized. :)

All the best! 

Awesome thank you. We can definitely help motivate eachother! ANd hell yes, hydrate or die ; )

trying to figure out a good system to grade my cardio goal, any suggestions?

I'm not big on grading.  It doesn't motivate me.  If I'm better in six weeks than I was at the beginning, that's a win in my book.  But!  A lot of people are motivated by the grading, and in case you're one of them here's my suggestion . . .

Your cardio goal is three thirty minute cardio sessions every week.  You could look at this as 3 days x 30 minutes = 90 total weekly minutes.  Each week you could total up the number of minutes you did and divide by 90 for that week's grade.  (For example, if you get 80 minutes done in week one, that's 80/90 = a grade of 89%). 

At the end of the six week challenge, average the weekly grades together for your final score.

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines