• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The.Introverted.Goddess

Sin’s Goddess has Quite the Studious Booty

So, this will be my first full challenge in a while and it’s gonna be a good one! It will be a seven week challenge for me, starting yesterday (June 2nd).

(June 20th) Well....school is taking up far more of my time and energy that I was expecting for this challenge. Do to that fact, I have modified my goals for the rest of this challenge. Hopefully these modifications will be enough, but if not, I'll change them again. Passing this class is my priority, but I don't want to let my health and fitness go down the drain because of it.

(June 26th) Just a few minor updates. I am switching from Dr. Abravanel's "diet", which only allows for about 1200 calories a day (way too low for my activity level), to tracking my food intake. I am adding three days of interval training to my workouts.

EPIC QUEST
Get to 25% body fat
(Currently at 39.96%)

CHALLENGE QUESTS
Reduce body fat by 1%
Pass my Political Science class with at least a B

CHALLENGE GOALS

Goal #1: Watching What I Eat (CON+3)

I will be tracking my food intake using My Fitness Pal.

- 1650 calories per day

- 105 grams of protein per day

- 150 grams of carbs per day

- 70 grams of fat per day

Goal #2: Working It Out (STA+2, STR+2)

I will be doing the Beginner’s Body Weight Workout three days a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I will start each workout with a five minute warm up, then do at least one circuit of the exercises listed below, and end the workout with some cool down stretches. I will be doing interval workouts on the elliptical three days a week: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

20 body weight squats

10 push ups

20 walking lunges

10 dumbbell rows (using kettlebell)

15 second plank

30 jumping jacks

Goal #3: Political Science (WIS+5)

I’m going back to school. I have four or five classes (prerequisites and such) left to take before I can transfer. This will be the fourth time I’ve taken this class. The first time, I had to quit the class but didn’t know I had to officially drop it. The second and third times, I just didn’t finish the class. I WILL finish and pass the class this time. I am determined! Since it’s a summer class, the work/study load is super heavy, but I will not let that stop me!

- Study 15 hours a week

- Turn in assignments on time

- Participate in online forums daily

Goal #4: Working Girl (CHA+3)

I was recently promoted from being a low level administrative position to being out division director's assistant. This means I really need to start dressing and getting ready for work. Not that I was going to work looking like a slob or anything, but I can definitely step it up.

- No jeans, except for Fridays

- No t-shirts

- Wear heels or very nice flats

- Hair and makeup must be done

- Keep nails (fingers and toes) looking good

Goal #1: Clean Eating (CON+3)

I have (numerous times) tried to limit my food intake. Eating less/counting calories, going vegan, going paleo, eating no red meat, only having a smoothie until dinner…you get the picture. So I’m trying to make it easier on myself. Eat clean. The main concepts I’ll be focusing on are listed below.

- Eat whole foods

- Eat loads of fruits and veggies

- Avoid processed foods

- Cook at home as much as possible

- Eat breakfast at home

- Pack lunches the night before

- Bring lunches to work

- Reduce alcohol intake

- Reduce sugar intake

- Reduce refined grains

Goal #2: T25 Brazil Butt Lift (STA+2, STR+2)

I need structure when it comes to a workout routine/system/plan. Enter Brazil Butt Lift. I’ll be following the “Slim & Lift†program for the first four weeks and then the “Classic†program for the last four weeks. It’s going to be intense, but I know I can do it. Each workout session is about an hour long.

I am switching from the Brazil Butt Lift program to the T25 workout program. Though the BBL program was nice (and by nice I mean intense and kicking my booty) it was taking up too much of my mornings. The workouts usually took about an hour. The T25 program workouts are only 25 minutes with a 3-5 minute cool down. I know a half an hour doesn't seem like much, but it will make a huge difference for me.

- Six days a week

- Workout in the mornings

Goal #4: Hooping (DEX+2)

I have been inspired by the lovely hooping assassins, I have added hooping to my challenge. 

- Practice every day for at least five minutes

- Practice in the evenings

Goal #6: Splits (DEX+2)

I will be working on my splits this challenge. I used to have the most gorgeous split leaps, and now I can’t even get my splits all the way down to the ground. I’ll be doing the stretches/poses below to improve. Thanks Pinterest!

- Practice every day

- Hold each pose for 30 seconds (on each side, when applicable)

- Increase hold time as body allows

• Like 7

Nice goals! I was actually looking at the brazil butt lift thing too it looks so much fun to do! And I'll be working on the front splits too, it's not a specific goal anymore like last challenge, but I do want to get better and better at it :) 

• Like 1

This looks like a great challenge! I like how determined you are to finish that summer class.
Splits are an awesome thing to work on, I hope you regain some of that former glory :)

(I'm looking at this butt-thing now.)

• Like 1

Nice goals! I was actually looking at the brazil butt lift thing too it looks so much fun to do! And I'll be working on the front splits too, it's not a specific goal anymore like last challenge, but I do want to get better and better at it :)

Thank you. Having done a couple of days of booty lifting so far, I can say that is definitely fun...but a lot of work!

Nice challenge. You also get first place in the Excellent Use of the Word Booty category.

Why thank you! I am a fan of the booty! ;)

Making study goal part of your challenge is awesome.... I think I should do that too!

NF is such a great place for motivation and accountability, I figured having a bunch of people checking in on my studying progress could only help me to stay motivated!

This looks like a great challenge! I like how determined you are to finish that summer class.

Splits are an awesome thing to work on, I hope you regain some of that former glory :)

(I'm looking at this butt-thing now.)

Thank you! I am VERY determined!

So do I. I miss the level of flexibility I used to have. I am determined to get it back!

Yay butt things!

Great goals.  Good luck with Poli Sci.  It seems to be your kryptonite.

Thanks Panda! I need all the luck I can get!!

• Like 1

UPDATE FROM THE GODDESS

Monday – 6/2

Goals #1: Clean Eating

Absolutely terrible here. Well, maybe not that bad, but not great. I started out well, a nice fresh smoothie for breakfast and a big salad for lunch. But then I got home, and was super tired, and didn’t want to cook, so…we ordered pizza..with hot wings…and breadsticks. *sigh* I only had two pieces of pizza, a few wings, and one bread stick…but it definitely did NOT fall under the clean eating guidelines.

Goal #2: Brazil Butt Lift

Booty Basics (intro to the moves-20 minutes) and Bum Bum (sculpting with a focus on the lower body-35 minutes). I was definitely feeling this. It was fun, but I was definitely sweating a bunch!

Goal #3: Political Science

School hasn’t started yet, it starts June 16th, but I did get access to the course website (it’s an online class) over the weekend and was able to review the syllabus and order the book.

Goal #4: Hooping

Just added this goal to my challenge this morning and have not hooped yet.

Goal #5: Working Girl

Just added this goal to my challenge this afternoon.

Goal #6: Splits

I only decided on this goal Tuesday evening when creating my challenge thread.

• Like 1

UPDATE FROM THE GODDESS

Tuesday – 6/3

Not great today either. No breakfast. A delicious, but not homemade fettuccine bolognese for lunch. Leftover pizza plus half a quesadilla for dinner.

Cardio Axe (dance cardio-30 minutes) and High & Tight (workout focused on lower body-35 minutes). So..sore. And then I had to ride my bike to the train station…As this is a program designed to lift bums, I should have expected that all of the workouts would have a lot of lower body work, but jeez…my bum is sore!

The book arrived today. It’s the “brief†version of the book but is still about two inches thick…I printed out the lectures and supplemental readings and have put a lovely binder together.

Just added this goal to my challenge this morning and have not hooped yet.

Just added this goal to my challenge this afternoon.

Had absolutely zero motivation, so no practice. :( But I did take starting pictures. I’ll post them this evening.

• Like 2

Great challenge!!! I have to go look up that workout now .... although my buns are plenty tired from today's gym session.  Got any good STRETCHES??

Thank you :)  If your buns are already tired, you should wait to check it out. Your buns will be burning otherwise!!

Stretches...hmm...?? Aside from the stretches for my splits practice, I don't have any specific stretches that I do. I will probably start looking for stretches that relax the booty soon though. :)

Awesome challenge, can't wait to see you kill it!! :D

Thank you! It will be as dead as dead can be!!!

Look at you!  Already busting out the updates.  Keep it up and you can't fail.

*curtsies* Well thank you! I do try ;)

I want to know more about this butt lifting :D

Yay for hooping!

I hope that it works as well as people say it does. I'll be posting my before and after pictures at the end of the challenge.

And yay for "yay for hooping"! I've really wanted to get back to it and you and Lilith have inspired me to do so!

You can do it! I'm going to have to steal the Yoga for splits picture you've got too. :D Very cool!

Steal away! I found it on Pinterest :)

• Like 1

UPDATE FROM THE GODDESS

Wednesday – 6/4

Better today. Smoothie made at home for breakfast. I didn't bring my lunch, but I had a tasty BLT with avocado on wheat for lunch. For dinner I made tri tip and asparagus. I did have a small bowl of cereal for dessert, but it was a very small bowl.

Cardio Axe (dance cardio-30 minutes) and Bum Bum (sculpting with a focus on the lower body-35 minutes). I am SO thankful that Thursday is a rest day!!

Glanced at the book, but haven't done any reading yet.

Hooped for about 15 minutes when I got home. They boyfriend was upstairs taking a nap so no loud music could be played (which is what I would have preferred) so I quietly watched an episode of Dr. Who instead! 

Pretty navy blue dress with lovely ivory stockings, maroon boots. Hair and makeup done. I'll start posting pictures of my outfits on Monday. I figure it will be easier that way. 

Did my practice. I was definitely feeling it by the time I got down to the final pose, but it felt really good to be stretching out.

Haha, liking the colour coding ;) You've got a really thorough set of goals to attack here, I can foresee this working out well for you! *subbing via comment-dropping*

• Like 1

UPDATE FROM THE GODDESS

Thursday – 6/5

Smoothie and oatmeal for breakfast. Homemade chicken tacos for lunch. Chicken thighs and green beans for dinner. Oh, and I had a dark 'n' stormy with dinner.

Rest day...thank the gods!!!

I moved the book and notebook to my desk, but still haven't done anything yet. But I still have over a week before the class starts, so I'm not too worried about it yet. 

Only about 10 minutes of hooping, but it was to music this time! :)

Purple infinity dress (made by me!) with black stockings and cute black flats. Simple makeup.

Practice complete. Got a bit of a twinge in my left knee, during a couple of the stretches, but that's my wonky knee so I'm not too worried.

• Like 3

Keep an eye on that wonky knee though! I overstretched mine once and it still isn't as stable as my other knee. >.< 

Your day of eating sounds really good, wow! 

• Like 1

Orange juice caught me off guard. Never tried to cook with that before. But I might have to try it it does sound delicious!