[TempestTiffy] has something to prove

Hi Guys!

My names Tiffany and I am a loving mama to a 17month old daughter and a kind of alright wife to a patient man. We live in the western suburbs of Melbourne (australia) with our dog Barry. I work full time as a nurse while my husband spends most fo the week caring for our little girl and works a few days. I'm the Queen of excuses ( i have a baby, i do shift work, etc)

My main goal is to get under (and stay under) 75kg. I'm 77-78 atm and just not shifting. (yeah i know not a huge goal but i find huge goals overwhelming and thats what tends to sap my motivation.)

I'll achieve this by:  

1. exercising in some way every single day
  2. keeping my calories under 1500 5 days a week and under 2000 the other two.
  3. meal planning. if its not on the plan i dont eat it!

My life goal is to get better sleep so I have decided not to use my phone as my alarm and not take i in the bedroom.

My motivation is my daughter. She should think her mum is awesome and have a healthy role model <3

• Like 4

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Sounds awesome :) Have you a plan for what exercise you can do daily when you are not in the mood? I love dailyhiit.com as it has a new video every day and some are only 5mins long :) even if you half assed your way through it it's better than nothing :)

Level 1 Hobbit Assassin (is that even a thing?!)

Strength (earth) +1, 

Dexterity (wind) +2, 

Stamina (fire) +1, 

Constitution (earth) +3, 

Wisdom (water) +5, 

Charisma (water) +2

Welcome Tiffany.  You look like you have some strong goals here and your motivation is solid (who doesn't want to be an awesome parent?) :D

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thanks guys. :D

I'm doing workouts from neilarey.com and my husband is being really supportive which rocks because he will tell me to do my damned workout coz he doesnt want to hear my whine that i didnt do it tomorrow :P

Really looking forward to getting to know some of you!!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Hey, goals are goals. They're personal, so don't apologize. Looking forward to seeing you crush this one!

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Tara: i am obsessed atm because the workouts are so flexible i find them much easier to fit into my day!

I've had a really big think about grading and have decided this is pass or fail. Anything less than 90% is a fail. because i will tell myself 'oh B is still good' and then it'll be 'well c is still acceptable' and then 'well D is a pss' and i will not put in my full effort. Its a bit intimidating but i think thats what i need. dedication, not excuses. I'm giving mysefl 10% leeway because of night shifts but I'm aiming for 100%!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

I always like doing-it-for-the-offspring challenge motivations. You're going to be a great role model, I'm sure.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I've had a really big think about grading and have decided this is pass or fail. Anything less than 90% is a fail. because i will tell myself 'oh B is still good' and then it'll be 'well c is still acceptable' and then 'well D is a pss' and i will not put in my full effort. Its a bit intimidating but i think thats what i need. dedication, not excuses. I'm giving mysefl 10% leeway because of night shifts but I'm aiming for 100%!

I like your commitment there, your goals look good and so does your attitude to achieving them. I too know the extra challenge of night shifts, so its good to have that leeway, but still be aiming for 100%. I find if you prepare yourself as best as you can before the nights start with the right foods that you can stomach in the middle of the night instead of hitting the sugar and caffeine etc then you have a lot better chance of staying on track.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Day one

Weigh in 78.1kg :(

Meal plan: done for the day so if i can stick to it i'll be doing well! i even left snacks for night shift to get me through. I've decided calories before 5am are from the day before. After 5am is the start of the day.

Exercise: neila rey 30 days of change day 10. will do the walk once Wilhelmina (my daughter) wakes up. I'm gonna get dressed and do the strength part now.

I'm totally on board but we'll see how I feel at 4am :P all the americans on here should be awake so maybe I can look here for some motivation over night!

• Like 2

LEVEL 2

Hello nightowls (or people from other timezones).

I survived my first nightshift with only a few CC's and biscuits. I was still way under 2000cal so thats something to be proud of. I was so exhausted today but pushed myself to go for a walk with my family and then do some strength stuff. I wont get my heart rate up too high when on nights because it makes me faint.

No sweets or chips at work tonight so if i get hungry my only option is fruit and yogurt or MORE TEA!!

I feel like I'm sitting at 100%. I'm also super happy my night shifts are at the beggining of this challenge. if it were weeks 3-4 i think i'd probably not have the motivation I have now!

• Like 2

LEVEL 2

The third/fourth weeks are always gonna be the hardest.

But it sounds like you're doing great so far! Keep it up!

Yesterday was a write off. I only managed 2 hours sleep so I decided to shelve the day. Today I will do some movement before nightshift!

LEVEL 2

Well this is interesting. Found out I was pregnant this weekend. I may have to rethink my goals.....

• Like 2

LEVEL 2

Ok after lots of thinking I think my goal is to 'continue a healthy lifestyle while pregnant' ha ha a bit vague but thats ok.

I will do this by

1. exercising in some form everyday (even if its 20mins on the wiifit)
  2. Eating 5 serves of veg, 4 serves of wholegrains, 2 serves of fruit, 3 serves of dairy and 2 serves of protein every day minimum
  3. having 2 days a week with no recreational sugar

This is the new plan. I know a lot of people are fans of the paleo diet but i feel (after much research and discussions with dietitians) that it is not for me and my family. I can no support a pregnancy or breast feeding without wholegrains (tried that last time. epic fail). Keep your fingers crossed I don't get morning sickness too bad!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Well this is interesting. Found out I was pregnant this weekend. I may have to rethink my goals.....

Ah, surprise!

Also congrats! ^_^

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines