Do you have a creative quest among your challenge goals?

Then join this ragtag, eccentric group of nerds to level up your health and fitness habits and your creativity.

Sure, that's a lot of balls to juggle over the course of six weeks,

but it's a lot easier and more fun when you've got buddies!

YOU are invited to join

The Renaissance Rebels

for fitness, fun, creativity, and camaraderie!

RRRLogo.png

You can check out previous Renaissance Rebels challenge threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. We're happy to have you!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hi! I'm ShadowLion. I'm a nerd who plays music, writes, draws, and does fiber arts.

My current Main Quest is to be able to fight fires again. That means getting into serious shape and that's why I am on a 40 week program designed to get me "fire fit." That will finish up just ahead of the Arizona Wildfire Academy in March of 2015 where I will take the necessary classes, and soon thereafter, test to get my "Red Card." That will qualify me to work on a hand crew or engine crew for the 2015 wildfire season in the western US.

My someday dream is to go back to the mountains of northern Arizona and build a little cabin in the pines. In the meantime, I live in Phoenix, Arizona, where I teach kids how to play music and pursue my fitness and creative quests. This is my eighth challenge and my sixth with the Renaissance Rebels.

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Mommawolfie signing in - knitter, crochetter, canner, gardener and various other creative 'stuff'

Empty nester getting on with the next phase of life and determined to trim down and get fit and active now that I only have myself to feed and run around after.

Got a bit of a self sufficiency slant going (because zombies right) and an army of feline minions (yes Im THAT chick - the one who lives with a houseful of cats) and an idea that I might like to run half marathons when I get fit enough and see the world via epic level hiking. Im not getting any younger while Im dreaming my dreams so now is the time...

• Like 6

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

WOOPSY. PHONE BEING BAD ARSE AGAIN sorry uhm. ._.

Did I forget to mention my love for video games and sports? I support Manchester United in football (soccer) and in cricket Pakistan's team. I have also played both of these games quite a bit; goalkeeper in soccer and an all-rounder in cricket. The gentle men's game: golf; that has also been my prime game (back when we were in Jhelum, I was the only girl golfer in our local club apart from an other lady, which was weird) but now all has stopped due to either long distances or lack of playing fields. (And country's safety situations too but I am hopeful things will look up soon for Pakistan )

• Like 3

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

HI HO! Han-man here. I am the nerd who likes to ask a lot of question (xD) Draw, paint, sing, write or read in my spare time. Physically, I invest my time in running because nothing beats the feeling of winds blowing against your cheeks now, does it? (Or perhaps maybe the tumbling afterwards if the winds get too nasty). I have also discovered a new found love for lifting! (To have strong, muscular arms and the ability to lift anything with them; the feeling is just surreal)

I'd like to do a lot of things like learn the guitar or violin, accents (Irish for now) and maybe parkour but something's are better left to time (and maybe better playing fields because mother doesn't approve parkour on her walls, you know what I mean?)

My goal is too look the best I can! I mean cut down 10 kilos and really work on the flab (tone down my body). I'd like to achieve this healthy me who isn't afraid of wearing fitted clothing and stuff (the chest and butt area is bit of a worry for me) I'd like to do this for me and only me because back when I started this I did it just because people laughed at me and called me fatty. Neither did I put any sort of thought in it neither plan my way ahead that's why—somewhere in the middle—I lost all will power and dropped my weight loss dream there but now as I clean up my engines again, I think to myself; "I don't want to repeat that episode again! I will be healthy and strong and I will do it for myself so screw the haters and mean people!"

That's why I am where I am.

ANYWHALES, I am a random, cheerful person (or so I've been told) with a bit of a funny bone in me (so I have been told also) and am also able to cheer up people (self proclaimed motivational speaker right here so if ever you feel let down or dark or something do talk to me/message me or whatever. I am also a mean listener so pair of ears are available too)

P.S: FOOD IS MY LIFE AND I TEND TO EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS THROUGH CAPS-LOCKS SO DON'T BE FRIGHTENED WHEN I DO THAT, EH?

(P.P.S: I get confused a lot, you see, which explains my questions spree so if I get too confused and annoying? please do tell me c:)

THANK YOU :D

• Like 6

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Sign me up Shadow Lion... please.   

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this challenge... none what so ever.

but I do have to go through all my closets.. tried on 8 outfits to go to work this morning  4 were too big, 2 had mysterious tears and need mending, 1 was just plain ugly and what I'm wearing now.. which isn't great but its fine for today.

So closet clean out is on the horizon for me.

I am a civic minded person and I particpate in a number of annual events that have me dressed in some sort of costume  (Like this weekend with the Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival-  I'm not a pirate  I am civil militia that defends our fair city and loses to the Pirates.)

We lose every year because it would ruin the festival if we didn't.  As a consolation to losing we have a cannon.  I'm part of the cannon crew and I love every sweaty hot loud minute of it.

I sew, cross stitch, read, make jewelry, do house repairs, lawn maintenance, garden (with questionable results) and play diggy on facebook.

I am divorced (happily) and an empty nester with 3 dogs.  I work full time.  I am a board member for the local musueum group.  I take tai chi classes on any night I don't have other things to do.  I run 5ks on Tuesdays.  I try to spend quality time with my parents, who for the first time in 25 years live near enough to me to see often.  My kids don't call me enough, and now that my eldest has moved I no longer get to see my grands. 

I'm scattered and unfocused and in search of my purpose now that being a mom and wife is no longer who I am.  I have filled every corner of my life with new things to do to keep me from what I was doing, wallowing in bitterness and loneliness.  That lead to bad food habits and illness.  Not to mention it just wasn't attractive look for me.  I am a cheerful person but its a struggle when you look around and find yourself alone, instead of planning the second honeymoon phase.  It's somehow more empty knowing that you were the one that walked away, because being alone beats being with that person. 

I have lost 30 lbs so far.  With 60 lbs to go.  I'm 198.5 lbs now with a goal of 145 lbs.  I may never see that goal and if I could get into the 150-159 range I'd be happy.  It's a very long way away.. but I'm doing everything I can to see it happen.  It's also easier to lose weight without someone sabotaging your every success, and undermining you at every turn.

Ok...going to stop now, apparently today is an emotional day...

• Like 5

Hi, everyone! I am a Level 1 Rebel, so I hope that isn't a problem!

My current challenge is quite verbosely described in my challenge post, but if you don't feel like reading through all of it...

Main Goal: Complete my first obstacle race - the Spartan Sprint - in Temecula, CA on 09/14/2014.

As for the creative part, my life goal is to write for at least one hour per day. I am an aspiring screenwriter, novelist and occasional fan fiction writer in the midst of a slump. I don't really believe in writer's block, so I'm not going to say that's what I have. I will say that I have been having trouble writing ever since I started exercising again in earnest about seven weeks ago.

I want to balance my physical goals and creative goals. Strike that. I WILL BALANCE MY PHYSICAL GOALS AND CREATIVE GOALS!!! <<< yelled in a primal fashion

Other intro-y bits: I'm 33-years-old, married, an Amazonian rarrrr woman, a dork-romantic, a big fan of ASoIaF / GoT*. My husband and I wish that we knew more people in Los Angeles who are into board games, as we must play Lords of Waterdeep by ourselves with our cat walking through to mess up our meeples piles. We moved to LA in August of 2012 and still have like, nobody to hang out with. Oh, the modern, internet-y age of not being able to make friends IRL... I love craft beer, scotch and rye whiskey, not to mention wine. I've been good about not drinking a ton after reforming my habits about six months ago. Also... let's see... I used to play rugby in college. I enjoy watching college football. I am not interested in CrossFit, despite wanting to meet people, being an extrovert and loving weight lifting/intense workouts. It's just not my jam.

I'm here to support y'all in your endeavors!

*despite Game of Thrones completely running off the rails from the books, particularly recently, I can't quit it. Plus, as my husband is well aware, I'm in love with both Brienne and Jaime. It's a good thing they aren't real.

• Like 3

Level 0 | Amazon | Class = ???

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

Hi there. This is my third challenge (I'll get my challenge thread up later today, after work), and I would like to sign up to this group. I'm a writer, I sew, and I garden. My current challenge (when it's posted) has a sewing goal.

I'm 41, I live in Flagstaff, and my goal is to be fit enough to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle here. Let me just say, ShadowLion, that up here the forest firefighters, hotshots, etc, are all viewed as a special kind of superhero. :D Anywho, I am into bodyweight training, and do sprints, and I am starting (as in uber-beginner) to get into yoga. Which is why, of course, I've set my sights on mastering the crow -- an intermediate pose. I never could do anything in the proper order.

I currently weigh about 180 pounds, down from my all-time high of 218. My clothes don't really fit anymore, and I don't have a lot of cash for a new wardrobe (especially if I plan to shrink out of those clothes as well). So, I'm going to attempt to refashion some of my bigger clothes into new ones, like they do on Threadbanger, and such.

Anyway, that's my intro, such as it is. I'm on my phone on the bus, so if it seems choppy or short, I apologize. :)

• Like 5

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Eek! Double post. :)

AnnieP (respawned)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Hi all! I'm going in to work right now, so I'll get caught up on here later tonight.

Glad to see so many new rebels amongst the returning RenRebs! I'll get you all on the roster soon.

In the meantime, everyone, make sure you are on the signup spreadsheet and if you don't have a current challenge thread yet, get that done and posted here (or in your signature) so that I can put that in the roster tonight, too. That way all of your buddies can keep track of how you are doing.

I'm excited for the challenge to begin! I have some anti-procrastination, creative block-busting, productivity hacking activities/mini-quests on the way for this challenge!

Later...

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hello fellow rebels,

I'm a level 1 rebel like redpuma, I hope that's OK. I actually completed a challenge but it was about a year ago so I'm sticking to level 1 for now.

Anyway, I read the presentation and the creative part of this group is just what I didn't know I was looking for !

My creative side quest is to sketch every day with a brush pen. I've recently discovered this medium and it makes me want to draw more than the pencils I was used to.

I mostly want to focus on quick sketches in ink without doing preparatory pencil drawings before. That way I'll get used to the brush pen more quickly and it will force me to think before drawing unnecessary lines (my main problem with pencils...)

You can find my thread here : http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49013-tenolios-1-year-after/

Looking forward to do this challenge with you !

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I'm Gilly, I'm 22 and by the time this challenge ends I'll be a maths graduate...which scares the hell out of me. I'm currently living near a place called Bristol in the UK, although I have no idea where I could end up in the next couple of months due to job hunting. I love sport, played rugby to a fairly high standard before uni, although I've played a lot of sports...too many to list. I love listening and discovering new music and at some point would want to take music lessons for an instrument...yet to decide which instrument. 

My Main Quest is to become stronger, faster and happier. For my life quest I want to dedicate time every day to write/edit/finish my novel that I begun to write for NanoWrimo in 2012. I really loved writing and I have a lot of time on my hands for the next couple of months so want to use it wisely. 

I plan to write/edit for 30 minutes each day (as I still have to find a job and that should technically be more of a priority). 

• Like 3

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

Mommawolfie signing in - knitter, crochetter, canner, gardener and various other creative 'stuff'

Empty nester getting on with the next phase of life and determined to trim down and get fit and active now that I only have myself to feed and run around after.

Got a bit of a self sufficiency slant going (because zombies right) and an army of feline minions (yes Im THAT chick - the one who lives with a houseful of cats) and an idea that I might like to run half marathons when I get fit enough and see the world via epic level hiking. Im not getting any younger while Im dreaming my dreams so now is the time...

Welcome back, Mommawolfie! Your creative quests last time were an inspiration.

Thanks for getting thatC25K PVP going, too. That's going to help a bunch of us level up our endurance training. Check out Mommawolfie's PVP, fellow RenRebs, if you're looking to be able to run a 5K anytime soon!

HI HO! Han-man here. I am the nerd who likes to ask a lot of question (xD) Draw, paint, sing, write or read in my spare time. Physically, I invest my time in running because nothing beats the feeling of winds blowing against your cheeks now, does it? (Or perhaps maybe the tumbling afterwards if the winds get too nasty). I have also discovered a new found love for lifting! (To have strong, muscular arms and the ability to lift anything with them; the feeling is just surreal)

I'd like to do a lot of things like learn the guitar or violin, accents (Irish for now) and maybe parkour but something's are better left to time (and maybe better playing fields because mother doesn't approve parkour on her walls, you know what I mean?)

My goal is too look the best I can! I mean cut down 10 kilos and really work on the flab (tone down my body). I'd like to achieve this healthy me who isn't afraid of wearing fitted clothing and stuff (the chest and butt area is bit of a worry for me) I'd like to do this for me and only me because back when I started this I did it just because people laughed at me and called me fatty. Neither did I put any sort of thought in it neither plan my way ahead that's why—somewhere in the middle—I lost all will power and dropped my weight loss dream there but now as I clean up my engines again, I think to myself; "I don't want to repeat that episode again! I will be healthy and strong and I will do it for myself so screw the haters and mean people!"

That's why I am where I am.

ANYWHALES, I am a random, cheerful person (or so I've been told) with a bit of a funny bone in me (so I have been told also) and am also able to cheer up people (self proclaimed motivational speaker right here so if ever you feel let down or dark or something do talk to me/message me or whatever. I am also a mean listener so pair of ears are available too)

P.S: FOOD IS MY LIFE AND I TEND TO EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS THROUGH CAPS-LOCKS SO DON'T BE FRIGHTENED WHEN I DO THAT, EH?

(P.P.S: I get confused a lot, you see, which explains my questions spree so if I get too confused and annoying? please do tell me c:)

THANK YOU :D

Welcome back, Hansjay! You've got all sorts of creative interests and your bubbly personality is a welcome addition to the group!

Sign me up Shadow Lion... please.   

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this challenge... none what so ever.

but I do have to go through all my closets.. tried on 8 outfits to go to work this morning  4 were too big, 2 had mysterious tears and need mending, 1 was just plain ugly and what I'm wearing now.. which isn't great but its fine for today.

So closet clean out is on the horizon for me.

I am a civic minded person and I particpate in a number of annual events that have me dressed in some sort of costume  (Like this weekend with the Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival-  I'm not a pirate  I am civil militia that defends our fair city and loses to the Pirates.)

We lose every year because it would ruin the festival if we didn't.  As a consolation to losing we have a cannon.  I'm part of the cannon crew and I love every sweaty hot loud minute of it.

I sew, cross stitch, read, make jewelry, do house repairs, lawn maintenance, garden (with questionable results) and play diggy on facebook.

I am divorced (happily) and an empty nester with 3 dogs.  I work full time.  I am a board member for the local musueum group.  I take tai chi classes on any night I don't have other things to do.  I run 5ks on Tuesdays.  I try to spend quality time with my parents, who for the first time in 25 years live near enough to me to see often.  My kids don't call me enough, and now that my eldest has moved I no longer get to see my grands. 

I'm scattered and unfocused and in search of my purpose now that being a mom and wife is no longer who I am.  I have filled every corner of my life with new things to do to keep me from what I was doing, wallowing in bitterness and loneliness.  That lead to bad food habits and illness.  Not to mention it just wasn't attractive look for me.  I am a cheerful person but its a struggle when you look around and find yourself alone, instead of planning the second honeymoon phase.  It's somehow more empty knowing that you were the one that walked away, because being alone beats being with that person. 

I have lost 30 lbs so far.  With 60 lbs to go.  I'm 198.5 lbs now with a goal of 145 lbs.  I may never see that goal and if I could get into the 150-159 range I'd be happy.  It's a very long way away.. but I'm doing everything I can to see it happen.  It's also easier to lose weight without someone sabotaging your every success, and undermining you at every turn.

Ok...going to stop now, apparently today is an emotional day...

And welcome back, Beaucastle! You are signed up. Don't stress about the challenge - you've got activities galore and maybe we'll get that sewing mini-quest going. (Listening Mommawolfie and Jakkals?)

You've made such awesome progress and it's always a joy having the smiling red dragon show up one's the thread! You've pulled me out of more than one bad mood or blue funk!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi, everyone! I am a Level 1 Rebel, so I hope that isn't a problem!

My current challenge is quite verbosely described in my challenge post, but if you don't feel like reading through all of it...

Main Goal: Complete my first obstacle race - the Spartan Sprint - in Temecula, CA on 09/14/2014.

As for the creative part, my life goal is to write for at least one hour per day. I am an aspiring screenwriter, novelist and occasional fan fiction writer in the midst of a slump. I don't really believe in writer's block, so I'm not going to say that's what I have. I will say that I have been having trouble writing ever since I started exercising again in earnest about seven weeks ago.

I want to balance my physical goals and creative goals. Strike that. I WILL BALANCE MY PHYSICAL GOALS AND CREATIVE GOALS!!! <<< yelled in a primal fashion

Other intro-y bits: I'm 33-years-old, married, an Amazonian rarrrr woman, a dork-romantic, a big fan of ASoIaF / GoT*. My husband and I wish that we knew more people in Los Angeles who are into board games, as we must play Lords of Waterdeep by ourselves with our cat walking through to mess up our meeples piles. We moved to LA in August of 2012 and still have like, nobody to hang out with. Oh, the modern, internet-y age of not being able to make friends IRL... I love craft beer, scotch and rye whiskey, not to mention wine. I've been good about not drinking a ton after reforming my habits about six months ago. Also... let's see... I used to play rugby in college. I enjoy watching college football. I am not interested in CrossFit, despite wanting to meet people, being an extrovert and loving weight lifting/intense workouts. It's just not my jam.

I'm here to support y'all in your endeavors!

*despite Game of Thrones completely running off the rails from the books, particularly recently, I can't quit it. Plus, as my husband is well aware, I'm in love with both Brienne and Jaime. It's a good thing they aren't real.

Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels, RedPuma! We seem to have multiple rugby players in the group so far - cool! And I'm sure I'm not the only other ASoIaF/GoT fan here. Among the mini-quests planned for this challenge, there is at least one addresses that balance between physical activity and creative goals. It's something that I ran headlong into last challenge myself.

(Fellow RenRebs, RedPuma is being extremely modest. You've got to read her themed challenge introduction... I mean it. Go do it - it is way cool!)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi Everyone,

I'm back, with a challenge focussed on defeating depression and nary a creative goal in sight, unless you count writing up the good part of my day, every day.

I hope that's OK.

Welcome back, Kobnach! Don't worry, you've got the creativity part covered in your work and the writing up the good parts of the day. Remember the rather broad definition of creativity that we use here...

Use the group to help you with focus and to defeat the depression that so many of us here also deal with. I'm glad you are back!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I had an unexpected half-hour off and used it to get caught up on the roster and start catching up on your posts. This is going to be an awesome challenge! See you all later!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey guys! I'm Tara, a Level 1 Rebel. I have a lot of creative hobbies, such as painting, knitting, gardening, and artisan bread baking. My creative passion, however, is writing and my Life Quest for this challenge focuses on that. 

Here is the link to my Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48428-taras-transformation-log/

And my Challenge Thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48834-tara-the-goal-slayer/       

My main quest is to get to a size 12 and my life quest is to get 100 blog followers (which means I need to actually work on my blog.) 

I'm excited to go through my first challenge, and really excited to have a group of creative people to share it with!! 

• Like 2

- Kicking ass is comfort food.- 

Left The Shire: 2/7/14 Reached Rivendell: 6/2/14

Battle Log 

Challenges: 1

I wanted to draw attention to another accountabilibuddy group that some of you may be interested in - "Black Dog Tamers" - as I know I am not the only one on this thread that has to beware of depression creeping in and ruining my life.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi there. This is my third challenge (I'll get my challenge thread up later today, after work), and I would like to sign up to this group. I'm a writer, I sew, and I garden. My current challenge (when it's posted) has a sewing goal.

I'm 41, I live in Flagstaff, and my goal is to be fit enough to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle here. Let me just say, ShadowLion, that up here the forest firefighters, hotshots, etc, are all viewed as a special kind of superhero. :D Anywho, I am into bodyweight training, and do sprints, and I am starting (as in uber-beginner) to get into yoga. Which is why, of course, I've set my sights on mastering the crow -- an intermediate pose. I never could do anything in the proper order.

I currently weigh about 180 pounds, down from my all-time high of 218. My clothes don't really fit anymore, and I don't have a lot of cash for a new wardrobe (especially if I plan to shrink out of those clothes as well). So, I'm going to attempt to refashion some of my bigger clothes into new ones, like they do on Threadbanger, and such.

Anyway, that's my intro, such as it is. I'm on my phone on the bus, so if it seems choppy or short, I apologize. :)

Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels, AnnieP!

I lived in the Flagstaff area for more than 25 years and left it (very grudgingly and unhappily) to go to Phoenix at the height of the economic crisis to find work. I want to go back in the worst way! Flagstaff is such a beautiful place with so many great outdoor activities!

We had a lot of talk in the RenRebs last challenge about getting a sewing circle together as a sub-group. There's a whole group of us that sew at different levels that are looking for the excuse... And congrats on your weight loss!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hello fellow rebels,

I'm a level 1 rebel like redpuma, I hope that's OK. I actually completed a challenge but it was about a year ago so I'm sticking to level 1 for now.

Anyway, I read the presentation and the creative part of this group is just what I didn't know I was looking for !

My creative side quest is to sketch every day with a brush pen. I've recently discovered this medium and it makes me want to draw more than the pencils I was used to.

I mostly want to focus on quick sketches in ink without doing preparatory pencil drawings before. That way I'll get used to the brush pen more quickly and it will force me to think before drawing unnecessary lines (my main problem with pencils...)

You can find my thread here : http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49013-tenolios-1-year-after/

Looking forward to do this challenge with you !

What a great creative quest, Tenelios, and welcome to the Renaissance Rebels!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hi everyone! I'm Gilly, I'm 22 and by the time this challenge ends I'll be a maths graduate...which scares the hell out of me. I'm currently living near a place called Bristol in the UK, although I have no idea where I could end up in the next couple of months due to job hunting. I love sport, played rugby to a fairly high standard before uni, although I've played a lot of sports...too many to list. I love listening and discovering new music and at some point would want to take music lessons for an instrument...yet to decide which instrument. 

My Main Quest is to become stronger, faster and happier. For my life quest I want to dedicate time every day to write/edit/finish my novel that I begun to write for NanoWrimo in 2012. I really loved writing and I have a lot of time on my hands for the next couple of months so want to use it wisely. 

I plan to write/edit for 30 minutes each day (as I still have to find a job and that should technically be more of a priority). 

Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels, GillyNomad! You've come to the right place - lots of writers here and maybe some of the other nanowrimoers will be back, too. We'll have some things going on to help everyone meet their creative goals.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey guys! I'm Tara, a Level 1 Rebel. I have a lot of creative hobbies, such as painting, knitting, gardening, and artisan bread baking. My creative passion, however, is writing and my Life Quest for this challenge focuses on that. 

Here is the link to my Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48428-taras-transformation-log/

And my Challenge Thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48834-tara-the-goal-slayer/       

My main quest is to get to a size 12 and my life quest is to get 100 blog followers (which means I need to actually work on my blog.) 

I'm excited to go through my first challenge, and really excited to have a group of creative people to share it with!! 

Hi Tara, and welcome to the Renaissance Rebels! It sounds like you are going to fit right in - lots of creative hobbies and another writer!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Okay. Finally got my challenge thread up. :) The link is in my signature. Looking forward to a great summer challenge! :D

AnnieP (respawned)