In Which Kishi Sucks It Up

Kishi

Out of curiosity, have you tried accessing it like you would a USB drive? Once you plug it in, look for it under "My computer" and all that jazz. I'm fairly sure that's how I used to get stuff off pre-Android, but I jumped on the Android train pretty early haha. 

That sounds awesome! What genre are you writing in?

... I'll have to give that a try. It's just crazy enough to work!

I'm writing in a strange genre that I'm not sure how to define. It's either urban fantasy or metaphysical transhumanism. Not sure. I keep hoping it'll turn out something like a cross between Dresden Files and Dresden Codak. Taking place in Dresden, naturally. ;)

I have a completely dumb LG phone. It requires special software to talk to a computer. The computer won't automatically download the right driver to talk to it.  I gave up trying to take pictures with this phone.

Yeah, I hear you. I keep trying with my phone and it keeps coming out weird, like it won't acknowledge that the phone is there. I guess I need some kind of memory card for it? But if that's the case, then it's money that I don't need to spend just yet.

Very nice challenge, glad to see you got so many jobs while I was gone. 

Subbed and definitely looking forward to seeing you do awesome.

One or two, man, one or two. Things got busy after you disappeared.

Mobility: 3/3

PUG: 3/3

Sleep: 3/3

Handstand stuff today. It was much fun. Then, went and did Panera tonight. Which was awesome. Except that I got sent home with a bunch of pastries. It was gonna happen anyway - we're 'allowed' four freebies in our first three months, and the boss was right there offering, so I went with it. I think I'll fast for a day or so now, since tomorrow's technically a rest day.

2 jobs tomorrow. Fun times.

Hope you got some sleep before heading to 2 jobs today *hugs*

Hope the pastries were good :-)  Hazards of working at a food place....

Hugs! I got my sleep. I woke up before the alarm, actually. It was a good working day.

The pastries were extremely good. Not like my last food place job. You could taste the love. Ish.

Mobility: 3/4

PUG: 4/4

Sleep: 4/4

Rest day today. Feeling good after the fast. Broke it with a salad over at Panera, and I gotta say, I'm really glad that they have so many salads there and that the salads are so good. Also, 65% employee discount. Seeing a nine dollar salad get knocked down to three bucks is just one of those things that gives me a happy. :)

Didn't get mobility done today, because I didn't have time to do mobility. I went to work, got my PUG in during a freak rainstorm at the pool, then came back home just to get ready for the next job. Long day, today. And tomorrow is shaping up to be a long one too: the church's Services Director wants me to come in and help him move some heavy things around, then I'll be going off to train a dude, then it'll be a night of D&D&Dietary Debauchery. Which would be something of a theme for the past week.

The only thing really annoying me is that I told myself that I'd get some more strength training on tomorrow. I'm already seeing some good effects: earlier, at the pool, I had to manhandle an umbrella to get it open. It's practically inoperable, or has been for me - but not today. I put my hand on the center piece and gave it a good hard shove that felt like it was just that little bit harder I needed it to be. Thing pops open, and I'm stuck blinking, wondering how that happened.

Learning strength is fun. :)

• Like 2

Is it really D&D if it isn't accompanied by dietary debauchery?  Game night demands snacks, usually of the not-so-healthy variety.

Yay stronger!  Nice employee discount too.

And drinks. Like strong sangria, last time. Which was a lot of fun, last time. :)

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I only get to apply it at work times, but given how much it cuts down the price, that actually strikes me as kind of fair.

The Panera job sounds like it is working out well for you. Good food and a limit to how often they will tempt you with pastries. :)

Too busy to train is still much better than the UPS job where you mindlessly picked up boxes all day.

Well, yeah. I figure, might as well get 'em all out of the way. Diet-wise, it's a bad week. Oh well. Life's too short to regret this.

Agreed, though. I love the way things are now.

Mobility: 4/5

PUG: 5/5

Sleep: 5/5

Phew. So, I think my sleep needs work. I'm definitely in bed for long enough, but between the alarm and the dawn light getting through the tinfoil that I've got on the window, I'm finding that the sleep is being impacted negatively. I put up some cardboard behind the tinfoil, though, which basically made my room pitch black. It's really dim in there now. We'll see how that unfolds.

Bent Hollow Body Hold: 5x12s

Scapular Shrugs: 5x3

Arch Body Holds: 5x12s

Tuck-Ups: 5x3

Side to Side Squats: 5x2

Pseudo Planche Push Ups: 5x2

Chin Up Hangs: 5x12s

Finished off with 50 push ups in 2:13. That was probably a function of impacted sleep plus general fatigue from all the jobs. Meh. No fear.

I keep wanting to hit up that challenge that Hugh made, but I keep running out of time. I had to make a run for it to get to DnD on time. And, I was almost late. So, uh, yeah. Hopefully get some more quality sleep tonight.

Also, decided that the U of PUG can also stand for ukemi. So, did five to the rear. Cool beans.

Making decision by a D20 roll. Why didn't I think of that?

I'll tell you what I told Kishi:

All Governments should be run this way.

Handstand stuff today. It was much fun. Then, went and did Panera tonight. Which was awesome. Except that I got sent home with a bunch of pastries. It was gonna happen anyway - we're 'allowed' four freebies in our first three months, and the boss was right there offering, so I went with it.

This is why I could never work at panera.

Yay for 65% off salad though!!

The only thing really annoying me is that I told myself that I'd get some more strength training on tomorrow. I'm already seeing some good effects: earlier, at the pool, I had to manhandle an umbrella to get it open. It's practically inoperable, or has been for me - but not today. I put my hand on the center piece and gave it a good hard shove that felt like it was just that little bit harder I needed it to be. Thing pops open, and I'm stuck blinking, wondering how that happened.

Learning strength is fun. :)

HAHAHHAAA. This story was totally a Charlie Chaplin skit in my head. With music and all.

Looks like you are balancing you two jobs well so far! Hope you have fun at your D&D night!

Oh, and here:

ic-light-pink-eye-mask.jpg

Gonna buy you one. That'll help with you sleep :D

I'll tell you what I told Kishi:

All Governments should be run this way.

This is why I could never work at panera.

Yay for 65% off salad though!!

HAHAHHAAA. This story was totally a Charlie Chaplin skit in my head. With music and all.

Looks like you are balancing you two jobs well so far! Hope you have fun at your D&D night!

Oh, and here:

It's a challenge, for sure. Believe it or not, though, the prior practice from the old coffeehouse job is helping a great deal with that. Also, there's something about practicing all these static holds and positions that seems to be helping me develop self-control. It's a weirdness, but I like it. Like, I had cake and pasta at DnD tonight. And where once I would have felt like the week was blown and it was time to let everything go... this time, it's easier to just roll with it and leave it behind.

So far, so good! And I did have fun at the DnD night. The girls were all doing their nails while we played. It was pretty fun to watch and play my wry, half-orc monk.

YES. PINK AND FRILLY. OH MY ;utpq4utj proj;protj;oeifj;aeofij;a

• Like 2

Well, yeah. I figure, might as well get 'em all out of the way. Diet-wise, it's a bad week. Oh well. Life's too short to regret this.

Agreed, though. I love the way things are now.

Yes.  Glad you're happy :-)  Do ALL the ukemi!

They actually work fairly well.  Can vouch.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Thanks. And I figure, uchikomi and ukemi are two halves of the same coin - either you throw or you're thrown. Gotta know both ends of it, right?

Hmm, I see. Have to keep that in mind.

They really do. Used them when I worked night shifts and had to sleep during the day.

Glad you had fun at DnD! :)

(dat D20)

Mobility: 5/6

PUG: 6/6

Sleep: 6/6

So far, so good. Did handstand practice. Tried to do Hugh's challenge again. Had the time, but something started to twinge in my right glute, like the outside part of the muscle. Decided that answering the challenge in a session wasn't worth losing more sessions further down the line. So, decided to go ahead and call it at 300 kicks.

Gah. I do not like my excuses. I will come back and get this done.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention! 50 push ups in 1:49. Which is what happens when you're pissed over losing some seconds from your last time and you get a full 9 hours of sleep. Man, I freaking missed that. :)

• Like 2

Well, I mean. I wouldn't feel right giving away these moves - they're not mine to give, and they're prescribed as a very specific part of a program. But if it helps, they're something closer to dynamic recovery rather than just pure static work.

Noted! 

It's a challenge, for sure. Believe it or not, though, the prior practice from the old coffeehouse job is helping a great deal with that. Also, there's something about practicing all these static holds and positions that seems to be helping me develop self-control. It's a weirdness, but I like it. Like, I had cake and pasta at DnD tonight. And where once I would have felt like the week was blown and it was time to let everything go... this time, it's easier to just roll with it and leave it behind.

I encountered that a few days ago with pizza and ice cream. Since I've been keeping up with my new schedule I set up for myself with workouts, I feel I have more self-control in general, and was able to move on from it quickly. It's nice, huh?

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention! 50 push ups in 1:49. Which is what happens when you're pissed over losing some seconds from your last time and you get a full 9 hours of sleep. Man, I freaking missed that. :)

tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

"ONE CHOICE CAN TRANSFORM YOU"

My Epic Quest: http://www.nerdfitness.com/character/25378

Noted! 

I encountered that a few days ago with pizza and ice cream. Since I've been keeping up with my new schedule I set up for myself with workouts, I feel I have more self-control in general, and was able to move on from it quickly. It's nice, huh?

tumblr_m7kwtoVjMR1rziwwco1_250.gif

It really is nice. I suppose having the jobs is also a good way to enforce discipline too.

tumblr_lna1ohKZdh1qcqwuwo1_500.gif

Mobility: 5/7

PUG: 7/7

Sleep: 7/7

GRR, that mobility slipped by again. I didn't feel like I needed it with the training I did today, a sort of 1.5 take on the PCC Century Test. In case you don't remember, it's 40 squats, 30 push ups, 20 hanging knee raises, and 10 pull ups, all done in 8 minutes. Doing 1.5 means taking all those numbers and doing half as much again: 60 squats, 45 push ups, and so on. Only thing is, I can't go all the way through. Like, I can do the squats, but then I fail out in the push ups. I did a high-knees finisher to make up for it, which was fun, but then I had to go do church stuff today, and I didn't feel like I had the time to do mobility stuff.

Fortunately, I feel really good after yesterday's mobility stuff. And tomorrow will definitely be active recovery, between working Panera and the pool. And then a long-ass freaking day on Tuesday that starts at 7 and goes until after 9. I'm not particularly pleased with this. But that's the price I pay sometimes.

Just a couple more weeks and then everything will even itself out.

EDIT: Also: finished the first chapter of the novella I'm working on. Any takers on a beta read?

• Like 2

Mobility: 5/7

PUG: 7/7

Sleep: 7/7

GRR, that mobility slipped by again. I didn't feel like I needed it with the training I did today, a sort of 1.5 take on the PCC Century Test. In case you don't remember, it's 40 squats, 30 push ups, 20 hanging knee raises, and 10 pull ups, all done in 8 minutes. Doing 1.5 means taking all those numbers and doing half as much again: 60 squats, 45 push ups, and so on. Only thing is, I can't go all the way through. Like, I can do the squats, but then I fail out in the push ups. I did a high-knees finisher to make up for it, which was fun, but then I had to go do church stuff today, and I didn't feel like I had the time to do mobility stuff.

Fortunately, I feel really good after yesterday's mobility stuff. And tomorrow will definitely be active recovery, between working Panera and the pool. And then a long-ass freaking day on Tuesday that starts at 7 and goes until after 9. I'm not particularly pleased with this. But that's the price I pay sometimes.

Just a couple more weeks and then everything will even itself out.

EDIT: Also: finished the first chapter of the novella I'm working on. Any takers on a beta read?

Boo, no mobility things!

But active recovery is good.  But boo long days.  I also have a long Tuesday, but it does suck sometimes (wake up at 5:30AM and finish at 8:00PM?  Even with fun things that's a long day).

And if you didn't already include me on that beta reader list, I will come to NC and hunt you down.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix is an Avatar

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Great job on the workout!!!

I would be honored to be a beta reader. :)

Thank you, sir!

I'll shoot you a PM in just a bit.

Boo, no mobility things!

But active recovery is good.  But boo long days.  I also have a long Tuesday, but it does suck sometimes (wake up at 5:30AM and finish at 8:00PM?  Even with fun things that's a long day).

And if you didn't already include me on that beta reader list, I will come to NC and hunt you down.

Nah, I know. Most of the pain in my body is resolved, thankfully. My right shoulder/thoracic region, though. I'm not sure if there's some kind of fascial pull going on in there or what. Seriously need to hop on that Panera insurance and get this looked at.

No, it definitely was. I was up at 6:30 and didn't stop 'til 21:15. I basically sat around in hundred-degree sunlight all. Day. I was feeling pretty baked by the end of it.

What? No! Of course I... did... it's right... um... *scribblescribble* HERE! Yeah. Right here. The whole time. Dunno how I missed it. :tongue:

I can beta read!

Kick ass workout!  

Two days in a row with both jobs?  Tough.  Hope that they do indeed settle down soon.

Sweet, thanks!

Yeah, I figured so. Since it was a cheat day and I was taking in all the calories, I thought I might as well just go high-rep, lactic-acid, muscle-building, you know?

It will. It will. This week marks the start of a general downshift in the amount of hours I'll be working at the Pool job. Which is good, because my Panera hours have been upshifting as my training progresses and I get better at doing things. It's all good.

BETA READ

871993.gif

I dunno Ginny Weasley's email address, so how she's expecting to beta-read this, I dunno. Probably some magic, but I don't know the address by heart... wait. Didn't it show up in the books?

*pokepoke*  I see you in everyone's threads.  Where's your update?  *pokes some more*

Wah - blu - i

Woman! Hold your horses! It's coming! I been busy, and we have a million monk army in our Monastery now! :D

Mobility: 0/0

PUG: 9/9

Sleep: 2/2

Whew. This whole multiple jobs, thing man. Much work. So hours. Many wow.

So, I'd regale y'all with epic tales of the work, but the fact is, the jobs are all very simple. Show up. Do tasks. Gtho when you're done. There is a certain exhaustion that comes, though, when you're changing hats as often as I do, this mental fatigue that translates into physical fatigue. It's a weirdness.

Monday was notable for them allowing me to wash dishes at Panera. Since my last food services job was nothing but this, it actually kind of felt like coming home. :D Though, I'd still have to learn how to go faster than I was before. Also notable in that I banged my head on one of the shelves pretty badly, which led to some swelling and headachiness. Which is really unusual for me. Given how much I've been punched in the face, and given that those pains don't really last, I was shocked. I attribute it to sitting in the heat all day yesterday, which might have exacerbated some swelling.

But there was a positive to that, too. It knocked me out early; Monday night was the first time I was in bed before midnight in months. Plenty of sleep, got up at 6:30, headache was gone. Went out, vacuumed the pool, ate some breakfast (because I'd spent all day Monday fasting, and the thought of having no time to prepare food earlier in the evening didn't make me happy. So, breakfast. Because what good is fasting if it doesn't make you flexible?) came back, and found that the keys I need to actually get in and do things at the pool were missing.

Basically, our setup at the pool is an electronic gate for the guests, and a padlocked gate for the attendants, with a separate lock for the attendant's room. The keys for the padlocks, which I'd sworn I'd put up, were gone. Fortunately, it wasn't a problem, because they were all open, which kind of freaked me out. Inside, we had a bunch of people working on the pool, who didn't have the keys when I asked them... because one of the other co-workers who wasn't there had the key with him.

It ended up being a very strange episode. I'd called one of the managers to come and bust the lock, but when he got there, he found them after the contractors had left. But even the contractors being there was strange because apparently we hadn't scheduled them, which means that either we have some kind of communication error, or we have a squad of vigilante pool repairmen. I'm hoping for the latter.

Anyway, ended up having to help with a swim meet that was happening at this pool. We had a bunch of kids show up and do swim, and it was actually a lot of fun to watch. Not just on account of watching the races, but also in terms of watching anatomy. There was this one girl who had an absolutely stunning scapular articulation, and you could see the fibers standing out in her shoulders, and I thought to myself, "Huh. She's gonna wear a dress well one day, she keeps this up." And also, everyone had six packs, which made for a good reminder of an anatomical truth that I have a hard time remembering sometimes.

Also, everyone ate junk food. Which was a reminder of another anatomical truth, but this one I remember all the time.

Anyway. Kept up with my PUG for the past couple days. No mobility work because no time, but, no need either. I'm not gonna take penalty for that.

Now to message people regarding beta reads...

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines