Mommawolfie Gets Scoutly

Way to freeze your credit...and conquer hills, which is also awesome! Keep on keeping on!

• Like 1

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Omg! I did it, I cycled 6km! I can do it easily on flat ground. It's the hills that are messing with me! Whoop!

• Like 11

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

Great job!

Hills are the enemy but you defeated it!

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Omg! I did it, I cycled 6km! I can do it easily on flat ground. It's the hills that are messing with me! Whoop!

Double whoop!
  • Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Didn't make 3k on the bike today, 2k was hurting quite enough thanks, although I did conquer one of the two hills that got me yesterday. Still not a lot of control lol almost came off into a wall hahaha....this is definitely an adventure!

The run went well, need to work on regulating my breathing, gasping for breath/feeling like I can't breathe is an issue.

WOOOO! Tons of progress already this challenge.

I am loving your frozen credit card.

• Like 3

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

well done on the 6kms!! I havent been on a bike since i was 12, I'd probably fall straight off haha

Also love the frozen credit card haha, whatever works!

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Week review I'll post tomorrow. Tired tonight. Took a day off from workouts, my knees were agony last night and just mowing the lawn today set them off again. Fingers crossed a rest day is all I need and tomorrow I'll be back into it.

Caught up on everyone's threads today, sorry I haven't posted - just flat out and struggling to keep up with everyone. I'm reading you all though.

• Like 2

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

well done on the 6kms!! I havent been on a bike since i was 12, I'd probably fall straight off haha

Also love the frozen credit card haha, whatever works!

Oh I did fall off last weekend lol. The moment I got on, toppled over into the garden bed lol

• Like 2

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Summary for Week 1 of Challenge 2:

Challenge Quests:

C25K: minimum of 3 times per week: Done (Pass)

BBWW: 3 times per week, 1 circuit: Done (Pass)

Ride bike: 1 x 6km: Done (Pass)

Paying off/down my credit card: Increase credit card payment,  freeze credit card in a lump of ice (post pic), do not use credit account: Done, Done Done (Pass)

Adventurers Mini Quest:

Join an accountabilibuddy group: Done (Pass, +1 WIS)

Ongoing Side Quests:

Daily Meditation: 7/7
Up with the first alarm: aiming for 5/7 - 5/7
Renaissance Rebels Creative Quest: Finish the damned tree skirt - post pic, get next square on the needles: Done and done
No Soda PVP: 7/7
Calories: Stayed within 1400 - 1600 calories
Water: stayed within 2 - 3 litres

Reward Quest for losing 1/4 of the weight: Trip to the Shooting Range - Done

So, all good for the first week. So why dont I FEEL like I did good? I dont feel like Im in a routine yet, the past week was very chaotic. My daily logs didnt happen a few times, I got behind on other people's posts and my workouts were all over the place - particularly towards the end of the week. What to do about it...that's the $64,000 question...

When I take a good look at it, its all about adjusting. Im doing more and Im using muscles I dont normally use with the cycling and running. Im going to get tired, Im going to get sore. Im going to need rest days. My body will adjust with time. Patience Grasshopper. 

I *may* need to take a rest day between workout days, I'll see how I pull up tonight after the BBWW, C25K and ride. If my knees feel swollen and throbby then I'll have a rest day tomorrow, and I'll ice them this time. Push through this week and it will start getting easier.

• Like 3

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Plan for Week 2 of Challenge 2:

Challenge Quests:

C25K: minimum of 3 times per week

BBWW: 3 times per week, 1 circuit

Ride bike: 3 x 6km

Paying off/down my credit card: Pay week - pay $350 off card, do not use credit account.

Adventurers Mini Quest:

Try a cardio exercise I havent tried before (+1 DEX)

Ongoing Side Quests:

Daily Meditation: no change
Up with the first alarm: aiming for 5/7
Renaissance Rebels Creative Quest: Finish, or complete a damn good chunk of, the blanket square Im working on
No Soda PVP: no change
Calories: No change
Water: No change

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

When I take a good look at it, its all about adjusting. Im doing more and Im using muscles I dont normally use with the cycling and running. Im going to get tired, Im going to get sore. Im going to need rest days. My body will adjust with time. Patience Grasshopper. 

I *may* need to take a rest day between workout days, I'll see how I pull up tonight after the BBWW, C25K and ride. If my knees feel swollen and throbby then I'll have a rest day tomorrow, and I'll ice them this time. Push through this week and it will start getting easier.

This is all very true. You got this!

• Like 1

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

You aren't doing good you are doing awesome! You met all your goals!

Imagine that!

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Rest days are as important as workout days. Better to hit your goals slowly, than to get injured and miss them entirely. Like you said above, p•a•t•i•e•n•c•e... :D

• Like 2

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

So far this week feels more organised. Did my BBWW, run/walk and ride yesterday and it was a lot easier and a lot less painful (ok I wont be riding tonight - my butt needs a recovery day lol) afterwards. I cycled a road route that I mapped out with the car - its about halfway on the route I would take riding to work. Was a bit anxious about it as even though the car said it was only 3km out and 3km back, it looked like a REALLY long way (and there were hills dammit!) when the only 6km ride Ive done is around the park where I run/walk. But I coaxed myself along - I'll just go to THIS roundabout, hmm I wonder if I can make it to the train station, ooh Im not far from THAT roundabout I bet I could get there...and before I knew it I was there and it was time to turn around. Did ok with the hills on the way out, there were two I had to walk the bike up on the way back but I figure Id already done 5k walk/run and about 4k on the bike by then so my legs were allowed to run out of puff a little bit.

Paid a lot more attention to foot placement when I ran, shins and knees still let me know Im not getting something quite right but it was a lot better so I guess just got to stay mindful and it will all fall into place.

• Like 3

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Sounds like things are starting to come together. :)

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Yep it feels that way. Weather has derailed me today, but my mini this week for Adventurers is to try a new form of cardio that I havent tried before so it looks like tonight is going to be the night I crank up a beginner's belly dancing workout I found on youtube. Hopefully by tomorrow I can get out doors again without being washed away :)

• Like 2

HappyCat

HappyCat's Battle Log

Ohhhhh belly dance *listens up*

Could you post the video and your thoughts about it?

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines