Hazard: 3rd Mission - Taming the Dragon

Hazard

For the first few months anything strength-based that you do consistently will progress pretty quickly.  It's a matter of where your strength is at in relation to what your genetic potential is.  The further away from your genetic strength limits you are, the quicker you can improve.

• Like 3

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

For the first few months anything strength-based that you do consistently will progress pretty quickly.  It's a matter of where your strength is at in relation to what your genetic potential is.  The further away from your genetic strength limits you are, the quicker you can improve.

I think I get it. Thanks Hazard. =]

• Like 1

I just did my first stomach-in handstand of the challenge tonight. Unfortunately, I don't think I can roundoff into it without (and I am not making this up) starting in the bathroom and very carefully avoiding the doorframe. At least I'm lucky enough to have room to bail out sideways.

Really, as long as you get really close to the wall with a kick-up handstand, I don't see why it should make an appreciable difference later on.

Anyway, I'm late to the party on this one, but you guys forgot the fiercest dragon of all:

duds_zpsc3ae17d3.jpg

Spine chilling.

• Like 2

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

I'm actually surprised you feel more strain on your wrist if you're doing handstands with your face to the wall. Did you manage to make pictures/videos of your form? For me the main issue was shoulder mobility, but that's much better now after doing the exercises of the mini-challenge. Key to walking out of the handstand is to keep engaging your core and keep your feet "pushed into" the wall, so you keep a plank form until you can place a leg on the floor. If you feel uncomfortable, maybe you can do the general exercises and the level 1 exercises? They are good for you anyway ;).

Keep up the good work :).

• Like 2

I'm actually surprised you feel more strain on your wrist if you're doing handstands with your face to the wall.

Well it was "just" pain when he was walking out of the handstand, not doing the handstand itself... maybe that is important ,too?

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

you shall master the dragon....

dragon_master_by_graggzter-d6bslj8.jpg

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I feel you on the handstands Hazard.  Seemed so easy when I was a kid, now they're likely to kill me.   :)  Good luck with them!

Yeah seriously - I think it may have something to do with children being tiny and having a different center of gravity. I remember being able to do back-bridges and cartwheels better too! 

And GO HAZARD :D 

• Like 1

Level:  1 | Race: Khajiit| Druid  

STR: 0  | DEX: 1 | INT: 5  | CON: 2 |  WIS: 1  | CHA: 1

=Battle Scroll=

Multi-person responses here:

Really, as long as you get really close to the wall with a kick-up handstand, I don't see why it should make an appreciable difference later on.

This is what I'm hoping.

I'm actually surprised you feel more strain on your wrist if you're doing handstands with your face to the wall. Did you manage to make pictures/videos of your form?

Yes, but not masked. :tongue:  I take recordings a lot and do playback between sets directly on the video camera for immediate feedback.

keep your feet "pushed into" the wall, so you keep a plank form until you can place a leg on the floor.

Hmm.  Well, that may be part of the problem.  My toes are pointed during these.  I get no support from my feet.  But I haven't been able to hand walk away from the wall far enough to be able to step on the wall again.

If you feel uncomfortable, maybe you can do the general exercises and the level 1 exercises? They are good for you anyway ;).

Hollow holds and planks aren't challenging for me.  I can do hollows and weighted planks for over a minute.  I have to use harder core exercises to keep progressing my core strength.  That's what the dragon flags are for.  :)

Thanks for the ideas though, Waanie.  The foot thing really has my attention.  The next time I do stomach to wall, instead of bothering with time I think I'll just walk up the wall into the handstand and then immediately focus on trying to get my feet into position to walk back down the wall.  If I can manage that, then a few rep/sets of just walking up and down the wall may be just what I need.

Well it was "just" pain when he was walking out of the handstand, not doing the handstand itself... maybe that is important ,too?

The wrist pain begins when I'm in the stomach to wall handstand, before the hand walkouts.  The hand walkouts just make it far, far worse.

The few times I did handstand conditioning, I found my forearms giving out due to my weight rather than my wrists. x]

With deadlifts, chinups, pullups, german hangs and back lever work - my forearms aren't breaking a sweat during handstands.  I'm golden there.

you shall master the dragon....

Rawr!

I feel you on the handstands Hazard.  Seemed so easy when I was a kid, now they're likely to kill me.   :)  Good luck with them!

Thanks, Xahn!

Dragons!  Huzzah!  

I am following your progress.  Good luck!! :)

Glad to have you along the journey! 

And GO HAZARD :D

Thanks, crazy cat-thing-person lady! 

(Google is telling me a khajiit has something to do with Elder Scrolls.  I really am missing out by having not played those games, aren't I.)

• Like 6

I Stand With Gina Carano

(Google is telling me a khajiit has something to do with Elder Scrolls.  I really am missing out by having not played those games, aren't I.)

Fun, open world where you can kill nearly anyone and shout things into submission; Yes. ;]

Also, the new game I'm looking forward to (which I'm bummed about its release date: 2015 [Christmas, most likely in 2015]), is Tom Clany's The Division! That game looks AMAZING!

• Like 1

Also, the new game I'm looking forward to (which I'm bummed about its release date: 2015 [Christmas, most likely in 2015]), is Tom Clany's The Division! That game looks AMAZING!

The only shooters I've played were the Star Wars: Battlefront games.  I miss those.

I Stand With Gina Carano

Thanks, crazy cat-thing-person lady! 

I only somewhat recently started ... I will warn you it is pretty addicting. Elder Scrolls is awesome though :D Highly recommend! 

• Like 3

Level:  1 | Race: Khajiit| Druid  

STR: 0  | DEX: 1 | INT: 5  | CON: 2 |  WIS: 1  | CHA: 1

=Battle Scroll=

Report for: June 11, 2014

Recovery Wednesday

Mission Objective #1:  Drop 6 lbs of Fat

Starting Fat:  33.0 lbs  (15.0 kg)

Current Fat:   32.5 lbs  (14.7 kg)

Goal Fat:      27.0 lbs  (12.2 kg)

Mission Objective #2:  Raise the Dragon (Flag)

Off

Mission Objective #3:  Fly the Dragon  (aka. develop a back lever)

Off

Assassin Guild Mini-Quest:  Handstands  (flip the Dragon?)

Off

sleeping_dragon_by_morrison3000-d58845w.

• Like 8

I Stand With Gina Carano

The only shooters I've played were the Star Wars: Battlefront games. I miss those.

Am I just plain off my rocker or did I see something about maybe there being a new star wars battlefront coming?

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Deeeeestiiiiiinyyyyyyyy

Looking good. Keep it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Am I just plain off my rocker or did I see something about maybe there being a new star wars battlefront coming?

Yes, there is a new one coming.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

I only somewhat recently started ... I will warn you it is pretty addicting. Elder Scrolls is awesome though :D Highly recommend! 

"Pretty addictive" is an understatement. I remember countrywide riots... and then there was me playing the Elder Scrolls :D

Report for: June 11, 2014

Recovery Wednesday

Mission Objective #1:  Drop 6 lbs of Fat

Starting Fat:  33.0 lbs  (15.0 kg)

Current Fat:   32.5 lbs  (14.7 kg)

Goal Fat:      27.0 lbs  (12.2 kg)

Mission Objective #2:  Raise the Dragon (Flag)

Off

Mission Objective #3:  Fly the Dragon  (aka. develop a back lever)

Off

Assassin Guild Mini-Quest:  Handstands  (flip the Dragon?)

Off

This is definitely tougher than I thought it was.

• Like 1

Level 3 Minotaur

Assassin in training

In the process of metamorphosis to Dunmer

STR 8|  DEX 4|  STA 6|  CON 5|  WIS 4|  CHA 3|

0.1   0.5   0.3   0.3   0.5    0.4

Spoiler

"Hold on, the weight of the world will give you the strength to go."

"War Never Changes. Men do, through the roads they walk."

"With great power, there must also come great responsibility."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines