Waanie will live like a puppy

Waanie

Erin Motz 30 days yoga challenge was great, I'm a beginner and could do all but one video (a flow... was way to fast for me).

It's a great challenge and so much fun!

• Like 1

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Erin Motz 30 days yoga challenge was great, I'm a beginner and could do all but one video (a flow... was way to fast for me).

It's a great challenge and so much fun!

Yeah, her challenge was great and easy to get into, even though I can do all her videos very often before I master the poses, as is usual with yoga. Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1

Me too... It did rain out here, but after that it only got worse again. However, I did go outside for the second time today. It seems like I'm always thirsty today and that my glass for water is always empty even though I fill it every time I want a drink and it is empty ;). Fortunately I'm pretty tired, so that I don't feel the heat as much as when I'm awake.

Silver lining practice: the heat and humidity makes the tomatoes, strawberries and other plants grow faster, so that we'll be able to eat those sooner. It also means that it's not cold, so I need less clothes and can change into workout clothes faster than in cold weather. AND I cannot forget to put on socks without my toes freezing off. :positive:

• Like 2

Happy start of challenge! :)

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Give me some of the rain pleeeeeease!

I love a nice summer rain as much as I love the first warm days in spring.

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Loving the puppy pics and your goals for this challenge. Especially the go outside every day.

• Like 1

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Give me some of the rain pleeeeeease!

I love a nice summer rain as much as I love the first warm days in spring.

We had some of the rain, but it only increased the humidity instead of cooling the air down. We will probably have more rain tonight though, with a thunderstorm attached. When will the rain in Germany/Austria/[wherever you are from] start? You should get at least SOME of our rain :P.

Loving the puppy pics and your goals for this challenge. Especially the go outside every day.

Thanks! Regular exercise and plenty of time outside help as much with depression as medication, so a combination of the two should help me even more ;).

Like a true dutch person I'm talking about the weather on my first day of the challenge ^^. Here's a soaked puppy to make up for it :).

Puppy13.jpg

• Like 2

The mini-challenge will be awesome. I have no excuse anymore to not buy tennis balls, apparently they can help with my shoulder mobility. Since this is one of the main issues for my downward facing dog, I will go to the shop and buy some tomorrow. The central theme of the mini-challenges will be handstands, so I can apply almost everything directly to downward facing dog :).

• Like 1

Not too warm spring days are the best :).

The last time I touched a dog I had eczema for months afterward, so if I say I'm allergic that's an understatement. A doodle might be a solution, but I think we better stick to cats ;). Walking dogs for a living sounds like a great job, you get to spend so much time with dogs :). Since I don't have a rug and I love chewing on food way more than chewing on other stuff, I think I'll be alright with the bad side effects of living like a puppy.

Yesterday night I did bodyweight training for the first time in weeks, and my strength has declined a lot. I can still do one chin up, but the amount of negative pull ups, push ups and squats was very low. My boyfriend and I are going to work out together, so that's very nice :). My boyfriend is a bit stronger than I am, but compared to our weight I'm slightly stronger. We can do the same exercises without them being too easy or difficult for one of us, so that's really great :D. This week we will workout twice, and we plan on working out twice or thrice every week. I'm also going to run twice this week (tomorrow and Friday), so I'll have a busy schedule for workouts. I just hope my DOMS won't be as bad as it is today ;).

dsc02547.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty great being outside running around with them all day!

As for the workout. I'm sure you'll be back up to your previous numbers in no time! I took a few months off from the gym recently and it only took me about a month to get back up to where I was before I quit! Don't give up!

• Like 1

OMG puppies! 

family-guy-puppies.gif

I'm so excited about all the adorable puppy pics I forgot what I was going to say. Something about your goals being awesome I'm sure. Good luck and have so much fun living like a puppy! Yay outisde!

• Like 1

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

Yeah, it's pretty great being outside running around with them all day!

As for the workout. I'm sure you'll be back up to your previous numbers in no time! I took a few months off from the gym recently and it only took me about a month to get back up to where I was before I quit! Don't give up!

Thanks for the encouragement :). I have high hopes that I'll be able to get stronger than I was in a few weeks time again, even though my muscles don't agree with working out at the moment. I'll be doing bodyweight training 2-3 times a week to get stronger and have social time with my boyfriend ;).

OMG puppies! 

I'm so excited about all the adorable puppy pics I forgot what I was going to say. Something about your goals being awesome I'm sure. Good luck and have so much fun living like a puppy! Yay outisde!

I love your gif :). Yay outside and having fun indeed!

• Like 2

Oh man! Your thread is catching on fire! I also agree that CHA is best for that goal, because the sexiest thing anyone can have is Confidence!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Report day 1 (9-6)

Mission #1: Master the downward facing dog

I practiced towards downward facing dog AND my boyfriend took some pictures at the end of the workout. Success!

Mission #2: Go outside twice a day

I walked around the block twice yesterday, both for about 10-15 minutes. I even did two different blocks :). Success!

Mission #3: Run 2-3 times a week

Day off. This week up to now: 0/2

Side quest: Tell myself three reasons why I was awesome that day

I could even come up with 4 things easily, and I wrote them on the whiteboard. Also a success!

So everything was a success :). I also think I know why my knee hurts very often, especially during summer: I have flat feet, so when I walk barefoot I walk with my legs tilted inwards. Together with my tendency to lock my knees this makes my knees very unhappy. So I will go for a run today even though my knees slightly hurt, because my shoes compensate for that. I will also try to walk more on the outside of my foot when walking barefoot.

• Like 3

In the beginning I did not take the time very rigorously, but I sense that it's easier if I just do it at the same time every day.

The other habit I'm working on now is teaching myself programming in C++ for 30 minutes (and not 29 or 31) every morning at the same time.

In the morning is the best time, this is when I did my yoga in the previous challenge and doing yoga and running in the current one. You feel so good when you can check off on thing right after waking up!

Uhh C++? My boyfriend is learning Python now. All the clever people around me!

We used to walk our cats on leashes.  You just have to start with them as little kittens. 

Friends of my do that too! The cat likes it!

You actually like this weather? It's way too warm for me, even though it is not as bad as I feared ;). Give me 10-15 degrees any day ^^.

I'm with the other kitty on this one. Give me a nice, not too warm spring day. That's just perfect for me. 

I'm the third kitty to agree  to this. Spring is the best... and for summer... my ideal life conditions are 20-25°C at the very most.

And I freeze easy... so spring is the best.... vlose follwed by autumn, but the dying is so depressing. Rebirth in spring is more charming.

And yeah, walking around in just a sports bra and skirt also has its charms :). Early mornings are still okay to be outside, so I try every morning to go for a short walk.

Yay for Sport bras and short/skirts/skorts all day!

We had some of the rain, but it only increased the humidity instead of cooling the air down. We will probably have more rain tonight though, with a thunderstorm attached. When will the rain in Germany/Austria/[wherever you are from] start? You should get at least SOME of our rain :tongue:.

Germany ( Berlin to be precise)

And yes, we got it... in the middle of the night... while I was sleeping.... loud and a lot!

So I had to roll out of bed to close the window and crawled back to bed, falling onto the blankets and fall asleep again in the middle of the night^^

I also think I know why my knee hurts very often, especially during summer: I have flat feet, so when I walk barefoot I walk with my legs tilted inwards. Together with my tendency to lock my knees this makes my knees very unhappy. So I will go for a run today even though my knees slightly hurt, because my shoes compensate for that. I will also try to walk more on the outside of my foot when walking barefoot.

I do the lock on my knees too. Especially when I wait somewhere.... bad habit.

And btw... everytime I do multiquote I have to think about this movie... "The Fifth Element".... Multipass! Multiquote!

• Like 2

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

I have never heard of that movie, but it seems cheesy and fun from what I can see on IMDB. Maybe I'll look it up and watch it sometime. Is it boyfriend-friendly? Then we can watch together ;).

Too bad the rain woke you up, but at least there was some rain! I hope you were able to sleep well in a slightly cooler room.

And about programming... I don't think you have to be really clever to be able to learn it, you just have to develop the mindset. Some people cannot develop the mindset, and some people can. I'm fortunate enough to think very abstractly (which also is nice for mathematics), so for me it's mostly learning the syntax and possibilities of a language than learning to think like a machine. I like the puzzles and they give me something useful to do with the little concentration I have on a day.

I ran this morning! It was warm, but my knee did not hurt and it was not difficult, except that I was thirsty after 5 minutes. I'm not going to bring water on a half-hour workout in which I run only 8 minutes, so next time I'll just have to drink more water on beforehand. I think I'm ready to level to week 2 of the program, since week 1 has become quite easy even during hot weather. So next time I'll run week 2 if the temperature is below 25 degrees and week 1 if it is even hotter than today.

I also bought tennis balls. They were not as easy to find/cheap as I thought, but I managed to buy some at the drugstore (they also sell toys and candy...). I hope they will help with my shoulder mobility and knots in my trapezius muscles. I'll report again tonight!

• Like 1

I have never heard of that movie, but it seems cheesy and fun from what I can see on IMDB. Maybe I'll look it up and watch it sometime. Is it boyfriend-friendly? Then we can watch together ;).

And about programming... I don't think you have to be really clever to be able to learn it, you just have to develop the mindset. Some people cannot develop the mindset, and some people can. I'm fortunate enough to think very abstractly (which also is nice for mathematics), so for me it's mostly learning the syntax and possibilities of a language than learning to think like a machine. I like the puzzles and they give me something useful to do with the little concentration I have on a day.

I ran this morning! It was warm, but my knee did not hurt and it was not difficult, except that I was thirsty after 5 minutes. I'm not going to bring water on a half-hour workout in which I run only 8 minutes, so next time I'll just have to drink more water on beforehand. I think I'm ready to level to week 2 of the program, since week 1 has become quite easy even during hot weather. So next time I'll run week 2 if the temperature is below 25 degrees and week 1 if it is even hotter than today.

"the fifth element" is very boyfriend-friendly... It's basically Bruce Willis (nuff said to my mind) and Mila  Jovovich (nuff said again) blowing up stuff and saving the universe.

I have statistics this semester and we do a lot of R. This is basically programming too. If I think of it as a language it becomes easier, you are right!

I can only do running early in the morning, it's the only time you don't die from moving fast :D

It's great that your leg didn't hurt.

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

"the fifth element" is very boyfriend-friendly... It's basically Bruce Willis (nuff said to my mind) and Mila  Jovovich (nuff said again) blowing up stuff and saving the universe.

I have statistics this semester and we do a lot of R. This is basically programming too. If I think of it as a language it becomes easier, you are right!

I can only do running early in the morning, it's the only time you don't die from moving fast :D

It's great that your leg didn't hurt.

Oh great, explosions! EXPLOSIONS! And saving the universe, of course. No good sf book or movie without the world being almost destroyed and saved.

Statistics was my least favorite part of my curriculum, I had to remember way too many details (formulas, acronyms, jargon, etc.). Writing a program is basically giving a bunch of instructions to your computer. Some computer scientists I know prefer "programming" on paper first and then type it later. That way they first think of what the instructions need to do, and then write the correct instructions.

It is great that my leg did not hurt, even though it hurts when I walk thoughtlessly barefoot in my apartment. As long as I mind my gait it's fine, but I just tend to put too much weight on the inside of my foot. Try to imagine lifting the outside of your foot all the time and look at the knee. That's my knee now, although my knee is a bit swollen now. Fortunately we have plenty of vegetables in the freezer, so cooling is not a problem ;).

• Like 3

Explosions! Yippieh!

Veggies as freezer pack, genius!

• Like 2

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

Well, that depends on your perspective. Your boyfriend would probably like it. You just need to decide if you like him watching someone prance around like this for 2 hours: :rolleyes-new:

fifth-element-milla-gaultier.jpg

fifth-element-gaultier.jpg

I personally think it is a fun movie to watch, in spite of Bruce Willis. :)

• Like 1

It is great that my leg did not hurt, even though it hurts when I walk thoughtlessly barefoot in my apartment. As long as I mind my gait it's fine, but I just tend to put too much weight on the inside of my foot. Try to imagine lifting the outside of your foot all the time and look at the knee. That's my knee now, although my knee is a bit swollen now. Fortunately we have plenty of vegetables in the freezer, so cooling is not a problem ;).

Weak ankles are a constant struggle for me, too. Getting toe shoes helped, because walking in them incorrectly felt really wrong. The rest of the time, I have to think a lot about rolling my feet and legs to the outside, or they go flat. Supposedly, there are some exercises that could help, but I haven't gone to find them yet.

Your challenge is off to a great start!

• Like 1

In spite? Pfff muggle!

• Like 1

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

28%
28%

-1%
-1%

My boyfriend has already seen this movie, but he doesn't mind watching it again with me. I don't mind him watching actresses with not so many clothes on, I'm confident enough in my relationship ;).

My knee pain has become worse overnight, so I'll be very careful today and I'll try to wear shoes or slippers as much as possible. I WILL do yoga and I have to bike quite a lot today, but I'll allow myself to skip squats and other leg exercises during our workout tonight.

I often worry nowadays that my depression is not getting better and that I won't be able to work for the rest of my life. I have the feeling that I'm not recovered more than I was several months ago, I can still concentrate for only half an hour a day. My psychologist says I'll probably be able to work again in January, but I also think my psychologist is methodically underestimating the severeness of my problems. I don't know why I always feel so tired and anxious, but I want it to stop. I'm thinking about looking for another psychologist, but I'm afraid I won't find any other that can communicate with nerds AND doesn't have a waiting list of half a year...

• Like 1

Well, that depends on your perspective. Your boyfriend would probably like it. You just need to decide if you like him watching someone prance around like this for 2 hours: :rolleyes-new:

In spite? Pfff muggle!

I'll let you know what I think of Bruce Willis after I've seen the movie ;).

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines