• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyxy

Nyxy has claws and poison.

Nyxy squints full of disbelief at the ancient armadillo, Best Healer of the Low Shores.
The wrinkly sage holds a small bag that reeks of poison in her paw. High quality poison, at that.
"Have I crossed the Horsemen's Plains for this? A child knows not to offer poison to an assassin!"
"And even a small child on the Plains knows how to cure a Curse of Werewolf!" the shriveled armadillo gniffles. "But you, werewolf! You come to me with a Curse of Human! Been a while since I've seen one of those, I almost regret curing it. But Reverse Curse gets Reverse Cure. Take the poison."
"How long?"
"Always. Now go be a werewolf elsewhere. It's time for my nap."

Out of the healer's hide-hut, Nyxy investigates her "cure". Inside of the bag, a glowing yellow-green powder. On the outside of the bag, a yellow fish is drawn. it's unclear why.
"this better works." Nyxy closes her eyes as she swallows the tiniest bit of poison. Her hair rises and her muscles tense. High quality poison indeed.

• Like 2

When she opens her eyes, the trees have the wrong colour. more vivid and... blueish?
Is that a good or a bad thing? Does this poison work? Will Nyxy be her normal werewolf-assassin-self again?

The woods of the Low Shore provide a great place for waiting, and trying out her capabilities.

My three goals for this challenge:

Testing:
- stretches, upsidedownness, dances, and general woa-look-I-have-a-body! type of play. I can improvise.
I am motivating myself via habitRPG, and it's going quite well, I just have these short sessions each day, where I do some silly stuff that would make onlookers go "that is not how you use a bed/chair/carpet at all!"

While we wait:
- push-ups and squats! because I love them, and they have done great things for me. I'll keep moving slowly towards a one-legged one squat. Push-ups usually happen in the kitchen, while making food. Squats are kind of a bathroom-thing. sometimes I switch it. Habitsssssss

Capabilities:
- a very slow and careful approach to bridges and handstands.
Most of this is a progression of the regular, daily core exercises I'm already doing. I'm using habitRPG to remind me to go and interact with the wall for a bit.

• Like 1

Every time I see a post from you, I can't help but stop and grin at your picture :D

I can't wait to see you play!

Ha, that picture :)

I didn't start the challenge serious yet, because I got a bit ill or something, but I'm still super-exited for it!!
And I have been doing the play-part of things!  Which is more like "creative laying about", since ill, but still, it's so much fun!!
I've been upside down! I've been doing funny walks!
yessss

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first day of the challenge for me, and I didn't do all that much.
It was quite hot though. Today, I'm more motivated :)

• Like 1

I just checked out habitRPG - sounds neat! And I like your silly-play goals. Sounds a lot like the kind of things I do :) I just have to get over feeling like I look weird at a park when I climb over everything. My kids don't care - why should I?!

Having fun a that's what it's about :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your first goal has given me the image of a vicious werewolf dangling upside down from a tree with a giant grin on its face, and people just walking by and going like 'Whaaaa......?' Also, I love the idea of 'creative laying about' :)

Your first goal has given me the image of a vicious werewolf dangling upside down from a tree with a giant grin on its face, and people just walking by and going like 'Whaaaa......?' Also, I love the idea of 'creative laying about' :)

Hahaha, that's great :D

my creative laying about has been going rather well, because heatwave! It gets HOT in my room, and staying hydrated and sleeping enough has become a serious challenge.

My play-goal is doing really well, I kind of automatically have started to do random fun stuff :)

My other goals have been suffering though. It's often just too hot, I'm kinda scared I'd faint or something.

Favourite new hobby: filling the bath with some cold water. Splashing about.

I know exactly how you feel. That's the entire summer where I live... For now we haven't had a serious heat wave, just a couple of days, and today is downright cool. But it's coming... I find myself becoming very much a night owl during times like that. It's just impossible to do things during the day, especially if the sun is out, and nearly impossible to sleep...

I just checked out habitRPG - sounds neat! And I like your silly-play goals. Sounds a lot like the kind of things I do :) I just have to get over feeling like I look weird at a park when I climb over everything. My kids don't care - why should I?!

Having fun a that's what it's about :)

I would looooove to go play in the park, because it seems really fun to me. I'm usually alone though, and I'm scared of attracting the wrong kind of attention. I just asked a friend if she would like to come along sometime.

I know exactly how you feel. That's the entire summer where I live... For now we haven't had a serious heat wave, just a couple of days, and today is downright cool. But it's coming... I find myself becoming very much a night owl during times like that. It's just impossible to do things during the day, especially if the sun is out, and nearly impossible to sleep...

today is cool here too! this means I can eat and leave the house and sleep :)

Edit: But not at the same time. :/

Today was nice. Not hot, and I spent the day before relaxing, because I had a migraine attack BEFORE that. (I swear, if I had a regular day-job, I'd be in serious trouble)
So in the evening, I decided the time for handstands and squats had come, and it was glorious.
:)

another good day! not too hot, kinda relaxed. I'm doing planks and short feet-on-the-wall planks for my handstand stuff now, it's challenging and I am confident it's going somewhere.
habit rpg makes my do my back-exercises every day, which turns out to be a completely different thing than "kind of every day, usually".
Look what I've got:

cat1.jpg

i think it's dead :P

• Like 1

I think a belly rub should bring it back to life. At least, that's what works when my dogs go dead like that...

Werewolf Nyxy sets up a little camp underneath a fallen tree. She is immediately attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes. they are big and heavy and obnoxious. Nyxy guesses she was too precoccupied with finding a cure to consider the plagues of the Low Shores. "I guess this is why no one lives here." she grumbles, as she snatches one of the insects from the sky.
Nyxy spends the next 5 days taking her poison, getting bitten by mosquitoes, and cursing.

First week review:
I didn't do super-ok the first days, because too hot. I hope to do better next heatwave. I must, because it gets a LOT worse than this.
- I did great with stretching and playing and assuming odd positions (like barbarian-yoga), even when it was hot.
- when it cooled down, I got more serious about doing my core-exercises every day, and adding in some handstand and bridge work near the end helps keep me motivated.

- I'm inserting push-up and squats here and there, as a fun thing when bored. I'm still kind of working on the one-legged push-ups from last challenge, so again, a feeling I'm going somewhere. Push-ups could use some extra love.

next week:
will I go play in the park? Dare I go alone?

• Like 1

Go Week Two!!

thanks!!!!!

tiny tuesday-update:

today I woke up super-late, and then worked for 10 hours.

Changed my handstand routine a bit. read that doing a downward facing dog is good practice.

Watched a yoga video:

http://youtu.be/stv0C6qT-Vc

Tried yoga.

Tried to do a plank and walk around in that position.

All of this was hard and kinda fun.

(oh man, how do I embed video? I used to know?)

• Like 2

I have to say, it's easier to play around in the park when you have kids, and can play *with* them. I think I'd have harder time climbing around on stuff if it was just me. That said, even with my kids, I'm still climbing up the slides, even on top of them (if tubes) and swinging on monkey bars. Even running on top of big rocks, if we're at the park that has them.

It's hard to do stuff without feeling self-conscious. But you can do it! I ran 70' sprints on the street last week, outside of our house ... during the day! Nobody was outside, but I still felt weird. Afterwards? I felt great :)

I also feel weird playing on park equipment and sprinting around random empty fields. It helps to find an off time when no one else is going to be there. If there are people near a field that I go to for sprint intervals I just try to focus on my workout. Eventually I get tired enough to not care anymore. I guess it's kind of like sharing a lap lane at the pool...

But looks like your challenge is going solidly so far. Keep up the awesome work :)

ehh, the past week was not so glorious.I worked pretty hard at first, but i also spent the past two days hiding under a blanket and crying; I guess people need to do that sometimes and it's a normal human function. uuuuh.

- I did keep on playing and stretching and stuff. I did that glorious downward down yoga move a few times, It's... stretching my hips? by hips I mean butt.
- dyed my hair with henna, because I suppose that kinda cheers me up. current colour: awesome.
- learned some more german, and some more python, because I was already in hiding-under-blanket position.
- hugged the cat. CAT DOES NOT WANT HUGS. took care of the plants instead.

Sign in to follow this