Super Destroyer Takes on Podgy and the Binge

Having officially gained "Super" status during the "Months of the Bulk", Super Destroyer is now facing his greatest arch enemies, Podgy and the Binge. These evil villains have teamed up yet again to try and destroy SD once and for all. It was just over a year ago that the dastardly duo had SD on the ropes. SD was 314 pounds of quivering asthenia, and it seemed inevitable that the end was near. The menacing assassin Cardiac Arrest was lurking about, waiting for his opportunity to rub out our weakened hero. Thankfully, SD was able to Smash the Binge and lay waste to Podgy through intense training and lifting of "heavy shit". Now, with the help of his ever present warrior friends and allies, SD will once again devastate this deleterious dyad of detrimental damage.

Super Destroyer will accomplish this mission by utilizing the following allies:
1) Keto, aka low carb ketosis diet. Keto has been a faithful ally in the past, blasting away at Podgy and eliminating 78lbs of girth from SD in 5 and 1/2 months.
2) Deload, aka lifting stuff, but at lighter weights for a while. This ally has been a lifesaver in the past, allowing SD to regenerate strength and become even stronger in the long run.
3) HIIT, aka high intensity interval training. Admittedly not SD's favorite ally, but HIIT was highly effective in destroying Podgy's hold on SD in the past.

The combination of the three allies, as well as the true blue Nerd Fitness heroes and friends, will give Super Destroyer the energy and strength to conquer the terrible twosome once again.

SD is once again asking for your help, fellow nerds. This assignment will cross over several challenges, ultimately ending when SD reaches a goal weight of 200 lbs. Having weighed in at 239.5 this Monday morning, that means a total 39.5 lbs lost. So the goal for this challenge is, starting this past Monday, to lose 20 pounds over the next 7 weeks. With your help, the Binge and the abhorrent Podgy WILL be defeated!

• Like 10

Super destroyer at freaking 200 pounds is going to be seriously scary!

Picking "heavy shit" up and looking like a beast while doing it sounds like a true warrior to me. 

I will tag along for the ride. As a fellow veteran from the war with the Binge I will stand by with any and all advice that I think can be helpful. Strategically Binge is not much of a foe, so in the long run he is bound to be beaten. But he does got stellar tactics and employs minions with stellar close combat skills(dodging punches from guys like eye-scream, Mr chips and the breadster can be tough).  Just keep him and his enemies hard pressed and they will eventually fall!

Lets make this challenge the shining example to which all other challenges aspire! <-(that's the main goal every time)

• Like 4

Lincarte - Level 3 - Dwarf Warrior 

Str: 7 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 6 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 5

Squat - 120(~265 lb.) | Bench - 95(~209lb.) | Deadlift - 190(~419 lb.) | Total: 405(~893 lb.)

PvP:The 800 club - Daily Battle Log - #3, #2, #1

Monday, 6/2/14

Super Destroyer is back! (Less some of the super)

Workout
Squats. 2x5xbar, 1x5x85, 1x5x105, 1x5x125, 1x5x145, 1x5x165.
Bench. 2x5xbar, 1x5x80, 1x5x100, 1x5x120, 1x5x140, 1x5x160.
Row. 1x5x60, 1x5x75, 1x5x90, 1x5x105, 1x5x120.

13:30 min of HIT, 5-30 sec sprints on elliptical. Two weeks off definitely weakened me. Feel great to have worked out, though! 

Monday, 6/2/14

Diet

B/ 2 scrambled eggs w/ 1 slice of pepper jack

Preworkout/ Banana

L/ 1/2 pint pimento cheese, chicken salad

D/ Tuna salad (2cans tuna, mayo, Wickles)

1/2 piece of steak w/steak sauce and mayo

12 triscuits

Tuesday, 6/3/14

B/ 2 scrambled eggs w/ 1 slice of pepper jack

Snack/ 2 Tbs. peanut butter, 1 cup of milk

L/ Chicken breast w/mayo

Melted Monterrey Jack with pepperonis 

S/ 1 Tbs. peanut butter, 1 cup of milk

D/ Baked cabbage and carrots

Pork loin w/BBQ and mayo

Not quite the start I wanted food wise.  I got off to a great start 2 and 1/2 weeks ago when I officially started this cut, but waned a little when I developed the staph infection on my right calf.  It is much better, and I am ready to hit the gym again today.  I feel a need to shore up my diet, though.  Less beanut butter, milk, and mayo would help.  I also ate 2 or 3 of my kids Popsicles the last two days.   :(  Now that this challenge is in the books, I vow to do better.  Best of luck to all!

• Like 1

20lbs in 7 weeks?  You are an ambitious man!  Of course, having watched your previous challenges I don't doubt you can pull it off.

• Like 2

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

subbing to watch SD throw the smackdown on Podgy and Binge!!

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

You weren't kidding that our goals our similar. Good stuff, SD! I'll be posting mine over here shortly.

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Sub'd. Podgy and the binge are goin' down.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Wednesday, 6/4/14

B/  scrambled eggs w/1 slice pepper jack

L/ 2 smoked sausages sauteed w/spinach, cabbage, onions, and carrots

D/ Small hamburger patty w/mayo

Cabbage and carrots

Mozzarella stick

1 banana

Post workout/ Cheeseburger from Sonic without top bun

Chocolate chip cookie

Workout

Squats. 2x5xbar, 1x5x85, 1x5x105, 1x5x125, 1x5x145, 1x5x125

OHP. 2x5xbar, 1x5x65, 1x5x75, 1x5x90, 1x5x100, 1x8x85

DL. 1x5x185, 1x5x215, 1x5x250, 1x3x285 Fell 2 short on last set

HIIT. 14 min on elliptical, 6 sprints with a 1:2 sprint/recovery ratio

Good workout.  The lifts in the bold print were added to the workout by me, mainly because it seemed too easy with the deload.  Wednesday is light squat day, but 125 was really light.  I am happy with my squats right now.  I am really making sure to get as far below parallel as I can.  I am hoping that by the time I get back up to 220 or so, I will be stronger and able to get deeper than I was before.  

Eating was so-so, and I was mildly disappointed this morning to find that I am still stuck at 239.5.  I am going to try and tighten up what I am eating, and see what what the scales say next Tuesday morning.

Eating was so-so, and I was mildly disappointed this morning to find that I am still stuck at 239.5.  I am going to try and tighten up what I am eating, and see what what the scales say next Tuesday morning.

I decided to do a mid-week weigh-in this morning and I too am sitting at the same weight as last Sunday. I upped my calories in response to upping my workload, so those changes likely haven't achieved a steady state yet. Sunday should be enlightening. Waiting until Tuesday's weigh-in before passing judgement would be wise.

• Like 1

Yeah, I seem to be stuck near 257. I've even cut my creatine in half and I don't seem to be moving.

I think it might be related to cortisol levels: stress/exercise/diet --> increased cortisol --> water retention / fat storage --> stalled weight loss

I've read that drinking tea (black or green) can reduce cortisol while caffeine consumption increases it so I'll be limiting my coffee and drinking more tea.

I'm also trying an herb called rhodiola which is also supposed to reduce cortisol levels, stress, and fatigue levels. We'll see if that works or not.

Also, I might try to limit my sodium consumption and boost my potassium. I think I may have been oversalting... you need more salts on keto, but I may have gone too far.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

SD, you don't have to worry about Binge today...

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

What's up, Mr. Ambassador? Congrats!

Thanks, guys.  It looks like a pretty serious task.  My job is to check in on all the level 1 rebels that are leaning towards warriors.  I am supposed to check in on them each week of the challenge.  I am looking forward to the job, though. 

Friday, June 6

Workout

Squats. 2x5xbar, 1x5x85, 1x5x105, 1x5x125, 1x5x145, 1x3x165, 1x3x170, 1x8x125

Bench. 2x5xbar, 1x5x80, 1x5x100, 1x5x120, 1x5x140, 1x5x165, 1x12x120

Row. 1x5x60, 1x5x75, 1x5x90, 1x5x105, 1x5x125, 1x8x90

HIIT.  15 min total, 7 sprints, 1:2 ratio sprint/recover

Great workout.  I really hope dropping back so low on squats will help me get better.  I am videoing each set to make sure I am getting below parallel.  So far, so good.

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines