nightlight tries not to fuck anything else up. also, DFQ.

nightlight

so, after my update on the 2nd. everything went to hell.

i've debated for the past two weeks or so whether or not to post anything on here, but some of you are part of my major support systems, and i think it'd be remiss if i just disappeared. 

i found out on july 3rd that my mom has breast cancer. i was a wreck, completely, until last weekend. i'm now only about 75% wreck. we don't have all of the details but we do know that the tumor wasn't on her sonogram from last year, so we are hoping we caught things early. regardless, i'm falling apart. i haven't eaten badly and i have been working out as much as i can, but i still gained 10lbs since i left texas. the consensus is that it's stress. so that's why i haven't been around. life is just a little hard to deal with right now. mom goes to see the MD/Surgeon/Surgeon 2, tomorrow, so i think i'll know more then. i was going to go to the appointments with her, but step dad and her best friend (who is a 2x breast cancer survivor) are going.  aaaannd no one needs me to be there crying all over the place. 

so... that's what's been going on, nerds. 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

so, after my update on the 2nd. everything went to hell.

i've debated for the past two weeks or so whether or not to post anything on here, but some of you are part of my major support systems, and i think it'd be remiss if i just disappeared. 

i found out on july 3rd that my mom has breast cancer. i was a wreck, completely, until last weekend. i'm now only about 75% wreck. we don't have all of the details but we do know that the tumor wasn't on her sonogram from last year, so we are hoping we caught things early. regardless, i'm falling apart. i haven't eaten badly and i have been working out as much as i can, but i still gained 10lbs since i left texas. the consensus is that it's stress. so that's why i haven't been around. life is just a little hard to deal with right now. mom goes to see the MD/Surgeon/Surgeon 2, tomorrow, so i think i'll know more then. i was going to go to the appointments with her, but step dad and her best friend (who is a 2x breast cancer survivor) are going.  aaaannd no one needs me to be there crying all over the place. 

so... that's what's been going on, nerds. 

About 5-6 weeks ago my Mom was also diagnosed. Needless to say, I can understand what you're going through. I was super depressed for a few weeks. I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through it too. We're all still here for you and you know where to find me if you want someone to talk about it with.

I'm so sorry, nightlight. We love you. You're strong and inspiring and a damn good person. *big big BIG hugs*

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Nightlight, I'm so sorry you and your mother have to go through this. Cancer is a horrible, horrible beast. Hugs and love and of course, here to talk or exchange beats as needed. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Blech.  I'm so sorry.

Massive hugs for you!

And, positive vibes and wishes for as good as possible news and strength for you, your mom, and family.

And... this... because I have a dirty mouth...

FUCK cancer.

• Like 1

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines