Ceasefire :: Soldier.

Ceasefire

It wasn't so bad! I wanted to help one of the newer girls with her form, but I'm not technically a trainer yet, so I felt like I could only offer small suggestions. My own test went well, I just need to chalk better. My tiny hands have trouble with the bells. I'm still trying to perfect the float. :(

Last night bootcamp:

Pistol squats with TRX.

Lunges with kettlebell pass.

Snatches with 14kg bell.

Skull-crushers with 20lb dumbbell.

One other move I can't remember right now...

Warmed up with Primals. Did cardio between stations.

Advanced:

Ladder workout - 10/8/6/4/2/4/I quit after this because I was about to hurl.

Burpees.

Kettlebell deadlifts, varying weights.

TRX abs.

Kettlebell swings, 22kg.

Double dumbbell row (20lb each hand).

Push-ups.

Ball of foot squats.

Box step ups.

Overall not bad, just not sure why my stomach wasn't acting nicely. I don't believe I ate poorly last night...

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I can't say I'm too experienced with the thumb lock. I'm still learning all of the names and movements and breaking them down piece by piece so I can work on different parts of the snatch. For example, I don't think I'm getting as much forward thrust from my hips as I could be, but I think it's more a hip issue (I have very tight hips) that I might have to resolve elsewhere to be able to do it better.

You have channel for some of your videos, right? I'd love to keep track of it while I'm practicing and definitely welcome any advice you have to give!

For example, do you chalk? I know there are people who do and who don't, I'm just trying to figure out which is best for me right now. I also tire very quickly because I have shoulder rotation issues, but this could just be because my form is absolutely horrendous. It's one of the things I want to learn to improve on over time, so I have to break it down to the very basic progressions. I think I should probably switch to the clean and jerk for a while.

GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

As of this weekend, I am officially an apprentice at my gym. I spent two days in various classes and training sessions with the very knowledgeable Adam T Glass (http://www.adamtglass.com/) and I have a whole bunch of things I've been given to do in preparation of becoming a trainer which first begins with "training myself". He's using himself as a prototype, in fact, it's how he refers to himself when working with his program. I'm really wanting to get back into the mindset of this thread and what I believe it stands for, so I'll be spending some of this week working up a new battle-log and cross-posting between the two.

I also have to make two locations in my home to put my lists of the things I need to work on.

I wish I could portray how excited and terrified I am about everything that is happening right now. These are GOOD things.

tumblr_m09yo8fx2D1r3d55uo1_500.gif

It sounds like an exciting time for you.  I wish you all the best on your new adventure.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thank you! My main fear is projection. I'm a very timid person. I'm not so sure group training in that regard is going to be something I am comfortable with, especially not straight off the bat. I need to be able to know what I'm doing in terms of directing each client directly and commanding the group enough to keep moving without too much of my direction.

I'm likely going to be looking into certification for nutrition and hopefully choose that as my main purpose as a trainer. I seem to do pretty well logging for myself and I'm good at finding alternatives and recipes and guides and all that jazz. I also like what I'm currently doing in the realm of social media, so I will be continuing that. Additionally I might see if I can be used to work individually with clients. I guess I just need to really focus on my self-training first, as until I get regular childcare or Chloe goes to preschool, I don't have much availability.

http://miloche.com/2013/09/paleo-pulled-pork-sliders/

Sliders4-494x321.jpg

It's what's for dinner.

I'm spending some of my morning setting up new Facebook groups. This is unbelievable. I feel so very, very lucky.

• Like 1

Pulled pork was my lunch yesterday.  That looks delicious and I'll have to make some of that next week.  

Glad you're doing well on this.  Keep it up.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Nothing but hula-hooping, lunges and a lot of cleaning yesterday.

Side note, I've managed to express the importance of keeping things organized. I showed him yesterday how cleaning the bedroom made things EASIER for other activities. Ahem.

I didn't end up making the pork yesterday afterall. Instead, we had chicken stuffed with mozzarella and turkey, with some mixed salad and onions.

Nothing but hula-hooping, lunges and a lot of cleaning yesterday.

Side note, I've managed to express the importance of keeping things organized. I showed him yesterday how cleaning the bedroom made things EASIER for other activities. Ahem.

I didn't end up making the pork yesterday afterall. Instead, we had chicken stuffed with mozzarella and turkey, with some mixed salad and onions.

...just...

Hell ya!  

request-five.gif

That chicken sounds good too.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Congrats on the apprenticeship. I'm glad you got to meet Adam, he seems extremely knowledgeable. I've only had the priviledge of meeting him once but he seemed like a really nice guy. The vibe I got was that deep down he's a nerd who tries to cover it with jock appearances, but I may have misread.

I never saw your snatch test numbers above, you said the weight but how many in what time?

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

We do the 5 minute snatch test. This past time I did a mere 12kg for only 75 reps. My aim is 120. I get tired in the shoulders really fast.

Adam is awesome. I've had the opportunity to be trained by him on occasion and he's given me a lot of motions to help fix my bum shoulder. He's expanding his business, taking on clients all over the country and he travels a lot. He's back in Texas now after spending the weekend here.

And yes, he's a closet nerd. He likes South Park and played a lot of Xbox before he got serious about his prototype. =)

Finally did the Paleo Pork thingies. Delicious. I did have a sneaky piece of white bread with dinner though...

Quiet times are quiet. But that's all good. I want to try to go around some threads and post, but Summer Vacation has been sucking up all my time with trying to keep the kids occupied and corralled, especially during this rainy weather!

Tuesday Bootcamp was pretty good. I'll try to remember what we did...

Kettlebell rope pulls (various weights).

Floor presses (20lb + 25lb dumbbells).

Goblet squats, various weights.

Leg raises, some overhead.

Box-step up to box-push up.

Cardio in between. The jumping lunges to plank jacks to burpees was the most painful. Ow, my quads.

Advanced was 5 minutes continuous movement with 14kg bell. Then 20 reps of deck squats, snatches (12kg), one-handed reaches on the TRX and hanging knee raises. And then 3 minutes continuous movement with a 16kg bell. I am sad to admit I did not do continued movement due to sore shoulder, but I did what I could.

Also before class started, I decided to try some pull-up progressions. I managed to jump from a lower box into my chin-up, so I'm very excited for my progress there.

Your progress sounds good.  This rain is pretty craptacular.  Hope the kids don't drive you completely insane.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I try to do pistol on the way down, but I still don't have the foot-planting right on the way back up, I have to use my arm for leverage. It's something I'm definitely hoping to have down eventually. Just going to take some practice. =)

Back at it hard this week. It wasn't a bad weekend in terms of calorie percentage, but the foods I ate weren't really in line with my goals.

Working for my trainer this morning going through client newsletter information. She asked me if I wanted more work. I said yes. I could use something to keep my brain busy this summer and I could also use some extra cash. Fingers crossed!

Hooray for work!  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

funny-gif-11.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I can't say I'm too experienced with the thumb lock. I'm still learning all of the names and movements and breaking them down piece by piece so I can work on different parts of the snatch. For example, I don't think I'm getting as much forward thrust from my hips as I could be, but I think it's more a hip issue (I have very tight hips) that I might have to resolve elsewhere to be able to do it better.

You have channel for some of your videos, right? I'd love to keep track of it while I'm practicing and definitely welcome any advice you have to give!

For example, do you chalk? I know there are people who do and who don't, I'm just trying to figure out which is best for me right now. I also tire very quickly because I have shoulder rotation issues, but this could just be because my form is absolutely horrendous. It's one of the things I want to learn to improve on over time, so I have to break it down to the very basic progressions. I think I should probably switch to the clean and jerk for a while.

GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

As of this weekend, I am officially an apprentice at my gym. I spent two days in various classes and training sessions with the very knowledgeable Adam T Glass (http://www.adamtglass.com/) and I have a whole bunch of things I've been given to do in preparation of becoming a trainer which first begins with "training myself". He's using himself as a prototype, in fact, it's how he refers to himself when working with his program. I'm really wanting to get back into the mindset of this thread and what I believe it stands for, so I'll be spending some of this week working up a new battle-log and cross-posting between the two.

I also have to make two locations in my home to put my lists of the things I need to work on.

I wish I could portray how excited and terrified I am about everything that is happening right now. These are GOOD things.

tumblr_m09yo8fx2D1r3d55uo1_500.gif

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.

Congratulations on the apprenticeship! That's wickedly awesome :)

Now let me answer your question and comment on another thing;

- yes I chalk, it especially helps when you sweat easily on your palms. Which I don't- but a kb should never slide through your hand easily. It would encourage bad technique.

- can you describe your shoulder rotation issues? Do you over-rotate?

- you mention that you don't get enough forward thrust from your hips.. This is actually a very big mistake. There should be no forward motion from your hips at all. In fact, the hips pull slightly backward during both the swing and the snatch.

I love talking about this stuff so any questions are welcome! But maybe put them in the kb addicts thread so everyone can benefit :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Adventure-Time-With-Finn-and-Jake-image-

Carry on

Level 2 Warforged Druid

soldier-moves-like-jagger-o.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Are you ready for Saturday?

tumblr_mfndchfzWv1rsq52jo1_500.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Help!  We Need You!

We need Rangers to jump in on the last part of the mini-challenge.

We're killing murderous, bourbon swilling imps via pullups and burpees (modifications allowed for fitness level and injuries).

Check it out here. And contribute your kill stats here.

Level One Rebels/aspiring Rangers are welcome, too, so bring friends!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines