The Great Hall: Ranger Chatter

Hammlin

Here we go Rangers! Let's do this thing!!

Vasilis, level 3

Lycan, Ranger

STR |5.5| DEX|4| STA|4| CON|6| WIS|5| CHA|0|

Previous Challenge: Level 1 RebelRangersRangersMonks Current Challenge: Monks

Track Calories with MyFitnessPal (4.5% per comp)

9%
9%

MOSSA Power and Fight (5% per comp)

0%
0%

No Soda (4% per comp)

8%
8%

Bed by 10:30 awake by 6:30 (2.25% per each per comp)

0%
0%

Hi everyone, thought i'd join you guys for a challenge or two 

• Like 3

Hey, kzacher! Thought you would have gone with Warriors or Monks, but very happy you've decided to join us rangerly types! Welcome!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I have not decided the life goal yet, and day 1 is here. Hmm.

Can someone give me some clue what would be an interersting life goal?

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

I have not decided the life goal yet, and day 1 is here. Hmm.

Can someone give me some clue what would be an interersting life goal?

Sometimes I have to take a step back and look, at my level 50 or my epic quest goals. If you don't have any of those, get to dreaming and then reverse engineer it :)

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hey all new to the Rangers! glad to be here.

• Like 3

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

Hey finally out of Basic and onto running with the Rangers! Looking forward to this challenge. Going to a couple friends house with my fiance to workout with them tonight :)

• Like 4

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

Hey, kzacher! Thought you would have gone with Warriors or Monks, but very happy you've decided to join us rangerly types! Welcome!

i honestly haven't looked into the Monks a lot. I'd definitely fit in with the warriors, but for this challenge (and possibly the next 1 or 2 as well) i'll be doing a lot of cross-training and body weight stuff. given that, i thought i'd be more at home here... even though i still want to lift heavy whenever i can. 

thanks for having me :)

• Like 2

artist_1740751.widea.jpg

• Like 4

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Sometimes I have to take a step back and look, at my level 50 or my epic quest goals. If you don't have any of those, get to dreaming and then reverse engineer it :)

I need to do this! I've been kind of drifting around chasing baby goals. I need to come up with some big ones again :D Time for some life reevaluation! 

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

i honestly haven't looked into the Monks a lot. I'd definitely fit in with the warriors, but for this challenge (and possibly the next 1 or 2 as well) i'll be doing a lot of cross-training and body weight stuff. given that, i thought i'd be more at home here... even though i still want to lift heavy whenever i can. 

thanks for having me :)

You wont be alone with heavy lifting here, that's my main fitness love. But I also like to run long distances, MMA stuff, handstands & parkour stuff, attempting to get into yoga and so very much more. Yay for the jacks of all trades!

• Like 4

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

You wont be alone with heavy lifting here, that's my main fitness love. But I also like to run long distances, MMA stuff, handstands & parkour stuff, attempting to get into yoga and so very much more. Yay for the jacks of all trades!

i did a few yoga classes last challenge and really enjoyed it. but i had to pick between yoga and MMA and MMA won pretty easily. i'd like to attempt some "mild" parkour eventually i think. it looks like a hellish workout in and of itself. 

i think lifting is my favorite form of exercise though. 

• Like 2

Hey... can somebody point me at a tutorial for adding/editing links in sigs?  I'm trying to figure this out and it's giving me fits.

To Add: Place your desired text into the sig field. Select/highlight that. Then, click the link button on the bottom row of editing buttons, ninth from the left, and paste in the link to your post.

To Edit: Select the link you want to change, then use the button immediately to the right of the link button to unlink. Proceed as above.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Thanks!  The button thingy kept referring to 'anchors in the text', which had me confuzzled.  I appreciate the help!

Yer welcome! :pirate: All about anchors, here...

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I've had five hours sleep and the Damn kids woke me up arguing... is summer vacation over yet (it started today... sigh)

Work is gonna be FULL of coffee tonight

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hey all...just learned we have (at least) 2 ranger birthdays today! Rotengar and JenniferStark. I'm slightly too lazy to surf around and pull their links into this thread...but you guys can find them :-)  Pop in and send a happy birthday if you get a chance.

Or maybe do 10 burpees in honor of each of them :-)

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

and now this, for no reason other than I can:

tumblr_mdfx4aOXzm1rgs4eko1_500.gif

• Like 3

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Hey everyone! Week 2 for the mini is ready!

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines