The Great Hall: Ranger Chatter

Hammlin

Tl:dr

Can't sleep so excite long hike upcoming

I'm excited and nervous and can't stop thinking... woke up to pee but my brain is like THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF YOU HAVE TO FIGURE OUT AND DO YOU CAN'T SLEEP!!!!! And my body is like shut up brain there's time to figure it out besides SLEEP we need it!

Anyway... next week I'm planning the longest hike I've ever done so far... even when I was in highschool and before all the health crap hit me... it's training for when I do the AT in 2017... and it's supposed to be easy miles... many people do the hike I'm planning in a day... 

We are going to hike ~90 miles in six days... the entire state of Maryland... it's going to be amazing.. my brain is like can't sleep excited come on let's figure out the minutia... 

Sigh!

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 6

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

We are going to hike ~90 miles in six days... the entire state of Maryland... it's going to be amazing.. my brain is like can't sleep excited come on let's figure out the minutia... 

THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

Just wanted to say hi....  Hi! 

I'm jumping in late so I'll be having myself a mini 4.5 week challenge.  Its all about the basics and having fun, right!?!?!?!  Right!

You should hop on to week 2 and join the other person who missed week 1! You can be a great team!

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Just wanted to say hi....  Hi! 

I'm jumping in late so I'll be having myself a mini 4.5 week challenge.  Its all about the basics and having fun, right!?!?!?!  Right!

Wait we're supposed to have fun? Not like break ourselves for unrealistic goals and expectations?! XD Dang knew I was doing something wrong.

• Like 6

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

That's so awesome!!!! I love long hikes.  Have yet to get one in that long, mostly because of time constraints... but can't wait to hear all about your epic adventure!

• Like 1

That's so awesome!!!! I love long hikes. Have yet to get one in that long, mostly because of time constraints... but can't wait to hear all about your epic adventure!

There will be a complete write up on my thread ;)

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

• Like 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hi everyone, new ranger here.  I recently moved over to the Rangers and I've been meaning to stop by but things have been so incredibly hectic lately.  So consider this my belated hello!  I'm super excited to finally have found a guild and I'm eager to get to know you guys.  Seems like a great group from what I've seen.  

I hope everyone is killing their challenges this week!

• Like 4

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

Hi everyone, new ranger here.  I recently moved over to the Rangers and I've been meaning to stop by but things have been so incredibly hectic lately.  So consider this my belated hello!  I'm super excited to finally have found a guild and I'm eager to get to know you guys.  Seems like a great group from what I've seen.  

I hope everyone is killing their challenges this week!

Welcome to the Rangers! I can understand life being crazy, but do not get lost in the woods you will make it!

• Like 1

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

other things you never really needed to see...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6068-1355938337-9.g

• Like 4

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

I'm falling off the wagon. I've been doing really good the past 10 weeks and making my work outs and I'm just finding it difficult to convince myself to go to the gym last week and this week. Its not that I don't enjoy working out either. When I get there I have fun, and I love doing my lifts. I just am having a difficult time getting up and going. Don't know what to do. Help.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

Kind of depends on what's causing it.

Are you stressed or pressed for time in other areas of your life? That could mean you need to restructure your schedule so you have the time and energy to workout.

Are you getting enough rest? Proper fuel? If not, those could be affecting your energy levels, too.

Are you finding that you are having trouble doing other things you normally enjoy, even though you have the time? Physical energy levels again, or maybe your general mood has dropped some without you noticing it.

Do you see any patterns to your reluctance to start? What do you think the root cause is? More info might help us get a better idea of what is going on.

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

other things you never really needed to see...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6068-1355938337-9.g

Why am I picturing Humma Kavula when I see this? :tongue:

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Kind of depends on what's causing it.

Are you stressed or pressed for time in other areas of your life? That could mean you need to restructure your schedule so you have the time and energy to workout.

Are you getting enough rest? Proper fuel? If not, those could be affecting your energy levels, too.

Are you finding that you are having trouble doing other things you normally enjoy, even though you have the time? Physical energy levels again, or maybe your general mood has dropped some without you noticing it.

Do you see any patterns to your reluctance to start? What do you think the root cause is? More info might help us get a better idea of what is going on.

Last week I was getting over being sick, but I literally can't think of an excuse as to why I didn't get out of bed this morning to go to the Gym. I've been going in the morning before work up until I got sick at the Start of this six week challenge. I feel like the root cause is the invention of the snooze button. I was just jumping out of bed, and now today for instance, My alarm went off, and I just decided meh I'm gonna go back to sleep.

• Like 1

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%

Current challenge

•  
  • - Henry Ford

You may simply be suffering from "habit disruption." You had a good streak going, but being sick interfered with the maintenance and consolidation phase of habit development.

Posting here means you want to get back on track, so use the peer pressure when the alarm goes off tomorrow... We can't be there to drag you out of bed, but we will all be watching to see that you get out there and DO IT! We know how to find your thread... :)

• Like 5

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Last week I was getting over being sick, but I literally can't think of an excuse as to why I didn't get out of bed this morning to go to the Gym. I've been going in the morning before work up until I got sick at the Start of this six week challenge. I feel like the root cause is the invention of the snooze button. I was just jumping out of bed, and now today for instance, My alarm went off, and I just decided meh I'm gonna go back to sleep.

0225c86242218aad2c96050496ce251a.jpg

don't worry what you did yesterday... so what if you sucked

be better today :) do somethign !!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Sorry your having trouble bud it can be tough when things aren't going your way. I recommend trying something different. find an activity to do as a once off like surfing/kayaking/climbing that you have to pay for and book it earlyish in the morning while also paying in advance. it should break the cycle

Sent from my nokia 3210

• Like 1

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole

Thanks everyone for your support! 

• Like 1

• 61%
    61%

Current challenge

•  
  • - Henry Ford

Week 3 of the mini is posted :)

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Since it is tuesday...

This is the part we dance!

394sw2230yu5.gif

• Like 3

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Love the dancing!

Week 4 of the mini is posted!

My Blog | My Story

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines