Edigo's 5th challenge : The Tri-Force of Movnomz

Edigo

Well, this challenge will be a lot different than I expected at first. We have a major event going on in our lives : I am pregnant with my second child !!!

I am so happy, but this means the huge goals I had in mind will need to be somewhat downsized for the safety of number 2 growing in my belly. I will maintain what i gained from the previous challenges and add a couple of things I think will be alright. The key being listening to my body as this amazing adventure continues.

Therefore, i bring you :

THE TRI-FORCE OF MOVNOMZ !!!!

triforce_by_galactaknight101-d6bqezx.gif

GOAL: Shape up my shape and be as healthy as I can be for the newcommer

MOTIVAION: My growing family

• Mov : move 30-60 min daily, with the following : (STA 1 + CON 1 + STR 1 + WIS 1 + DEX 1 )
    • Morning sadhana practice : spine torsions, leg stretches, sun salutations (10-15 min)
    • Walking during work breaks and lunch (up to 45 min)
    • Running 2 times a week for 30-40 min, using zombie run 5k and/or the cruise control app. As of now, i can run 5k in about 45 min. I want to increase my speed a little. Aiming at 30 min for 5k. (Tuesday to my yoga class, Thursday, and once during weekend)
    • Yoga class on Tuesday for 1h30
    • *NEW* BBWW 1 time, on Wednesday or weekend
  • Nom: the way to 80% paleo (STA 1 + CON 1)
    • *NEW* Wean from caffein, black tea is allowed as a transition (1-2 a day), then rooibos or herbal tea. I love a hot drink in the morning, so i will in general take 2 teas, cafffein free.
    • Paleo breakfast (prepare egg muffins full of veggies in advance)
    • Paleo lunch for me, 4 days out of 5, at lease
    • Lunch for 2, 5 days a week
  • Z: Get minimum 7h of sleep each night ( WIS 1 + STA 2 + CON 1 + CHA1)
    • Tracked by Sleepbot
    • Will use yoga nidra as needed to help fall asleep and restore missing z’s
  • Life : happy mommy + meds (WIS 1 + STR 1 + CHA 1)  **updated june 12th**
    • Takes meds: sinus rince, 40 min inhalotherapy of pulmozyme & coly-micin, digestive/vitamin pills, pumps, lax-a-day in morning tea. Some meds i can't take anymore, so i need to prevent where i can, meaning i will take pulmozyme again, addign another 20 min to my treatments routine, and doing the sinus rince at least once a day, more if need be. Physio when needed as well, though i hate it and would rather run/walk/do yoga. Taking my digestive pills and lax-a-day means better digestion and no belly acke so win-win.
    • Learn good discipline practices and work on being firm and constant. I often talk to a wall ... my fault ... I want to work on that.
    • Soapy Thursday (get back into it). I will plan ahead some soaps i wanna make, and also wrap the ones that are ready and clean up/organize my supplies and workshop.

Side quests :

• Clean fridge
  • Clean oven
  • Sort through baby/kid stuff in the basement and donate what will not be used, organise the rest better to be able to find it when needed (must put my son’s Max Schnell t-shirt and put it in our keepsake pile, as per his request)
  • Shop and find our hardwood floor for this summer’s Renovations

Well, it might be a lot, we’ll see how it goes. Priority is sleep, and maintaining my exercise habits. Food is to eat less crap and continue progressing towards a paleo lifestyle.
A lot of the goals are already in my routine, so I believe I will achieve this.

June 12th edit : less side quests, modified life quest to replace meditation by taking meds religiously wich is more important in prevention for now.

• Like 3

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Looks good. I remember you saying that me mentioning zelda last challenge would be a cool idea for a theme. Nice to see you run with it :)

Congrats! And remember that taking care of yourself will take care of the future.  good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

Week 0 - wednesday

Mov:

- sadhana 15 min

- walked 15 min during break

Nom:

- no coffee, took a decaf chai tea in the morning, and a green tes with ginger lemon and honey in the afternoon

- 2 toasts with nutella for breakfast, spagetti at lunch, and chicken souvlaki with pita bread

- made lunch for 2

- snacked on carrots and peppers while making dinner, with spinach dip (probably non paleo)

- mixed together 2 frittata egg muffin recipe and made it for easier breakfast (or seasoned bacon as my boyfriend called them lol)

Z:

- slept 7h the night before

- went to bad at 10pm at night

- took a 20 min nap whil bf gave my son his bath

Mommyhood:

- made a reflection while doing the bed routine about my lack of firmness with him, did it again

- took out my discipline book to read it later

- no meditation

Thougs of the day:

- felt horrible food wise, with all that bread had a lot of cravings, sugar low, dips of energy. I even ate a whole aero bar.....another confirmation that gluten or grains and/or sugar is bad for me. I need to change that, otherwise i know im at risk for diabetes during pregnancy

- the check pass system i usually use will not work with my goals thistime around, so the points system would be better i think... Will reflect on that. I am open to suggestions.

- im getting the feeling 7h wont be enouggh sleep with 2 lifes to support. I remember being sp tired at my first pregnancy.... Oh well, will start with 7 and up it as necessary

- other that that, no symptons or nausea at all, crossing fingers it stays that way.

• Like 1

Congrats on the news!  I also ditched caffeine and originally wanted to make the switch to tea, but then realized I just like my coffee too much, so now I drink decaf.  I'm doing a whole30 right now and so instead of cream and/or sugar in it I add coconut milk and it's surprisingly better than I thought it would be!  It adds creaminess and a little bit of sweetness, yum! 

• Like 1

Jill, try almond/coco together, yum

You made me remember to bring some to work for my tea

Cant cut tea out i love it too much but bougt decaf chai yesterday and its awsome as well

I love the creamyness too

• Like 2

Week 0 thursday

Mov: 15 min

Forgot my sadhana

Walked 15 min at the break

No running like planned, i had booked a massage, felt soooo good

Nom:

No coffee, one decaf chai in the morning, one black tea in the afternoon and 1 rooibos before bed.

Packed 2 lunches

Breakfast was egg muffins with carrots and spinach dip, so about 95% paleo.

For lunch my boss wanted us to do overtime and ordered food for us to work at pur desks, i ordered a salad chicken, 90% paleo.

Dinner was dryed noodles in packs with meat and an egg, no veggies...but at least we used food we had so no takeout

Z:

Slept 7.5 h last night, to bed at 10pm and i put my alarm 30 min later to get more sleep

Life:

Did yoga nidra meditation before bed

Searched discipline for 4 yr olds, found some guidelines and info about my sons mildstones and capacities at his age

No soapy thursday because of massage, but the dishes are on the counter so i will do them later as the view of them annoy me lol

Thoughts:

- It was a good day, could have been better but im on track. I feel i might have too much on my plate, have a hard time remembering what my goals are....

- And still no clue about points or grading system....a daily brading would be best but how?

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS!

I heard there are yoga classes especially for pregnant women where you target the hips etc.

Might be an idea to take into consideration?

Have you looked on pinterest because of discipline for your 4 years old?

(Oh and a really sweet idea I recently saw.... take a picture of yourself with a fruit that resembles the size of the baby every week.

So cute and a lovely memory.)

Katastrophenkatzchen - Progress, not Perfection!

Race: Troll | Class : one ambitious  Druid-kitty

Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: 0,5, 1, 2 , Babysteps

Spoiler

(137/180 days) 26/9/14

76.1%
76.1%

No alcohol (12/42) 26/9/14

28%
28%

Start: 194 lbs, Final Goal: 154 lbs, Next Goal: 190 lbs / Current: 194.9 lbs (15. Sept. 2014)

-1%
-1%

Jill, try almond/coco together, yum

You made me remember to bring some to work for my tea

Cant cut tea out i love it too much but bougt decaf chai yesterday and its awsome as well

I love the creamyness too

I try not to keep almond milk in the house, I love it far too much! lol  Although almond/coco sounds like the dream team. lol

I keep a good stash of tea in my desk at work, our water cooler also has hot water, so it's perfect for tea on demand!  

It looks like you're off to a great start on your challenge! 

CONGRATULATIONS!

I heard there are yoga classes especially for pregnant women where you target the hips etc.

Might be an idea to take into consideration?

Have you looked on pinterest because of discipline for your 4 years old?

(Oh and a really sweet idea I recently saw.... take a picture of yourself with a fruit that resembles the size of the baby every week.

So cute and a lovely memory.)

My yoga teacher also gives a pregnant class, so she will be able to guide me. I also have a am/pm dvd for pregnant women, i loved it for my first pregnancy, so will use it again later on.

Ill go check your pinterest lonk, thanks

• Like 2

I have one lady in my fitness class who has been lifting weights throughout her whole pregnancy, she has about 7 weeks left and is still going strong!  It is do able, depending on your level of fitness, working with your doctor and most importantly listening and honouring your body.    This is her third pregnancy and she says she feels better than she did with her other pregnancies.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I think staying active will help me recuperate better after delivery. And its good for my lungs and heart :D

I've never been this active my entire life, and i want to keep that

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines