Gilly's Road to Graduation Phase 2

GillyNomad

Mmm what are all those colorful delicious looking veggies?

er, i believe I had yellow peppers, roasted (then added to the stirfry) sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli, red onion and a little bit of pak choi. Normally there would be carrots too but I forgot about them. 

Stir fry's are my main way of getting veg into my diet. At least it's the only way I can eat broccoli and green beans. 

• Like 2

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

Main Quest

To become stronger, faster and happier.

1.Get Stronger 

• Squats - 100 squats in only 2 rounds

Yes did it!! 

• Push Ups - 20 good form push ups in a row

I started back at incline push ups to correct my form, did my first push ups yesterday and my form feels so much better even though I can only manage about 5 at a time! My form at the moment works my triceps more as I know it's important to keep elbows in. 

• Pull Ups - a pull up

Long way to go here, but I’m still working on it. I don't know what exercise is better though: assisted or negative. I feel negative is harder for me.

• Handstands - 60 seconds of a wall handstand 

Didn’t complete for this challenge.

2. Get Faster and more Flexible

• Run under 10 minute mile (currently 11:23 is my fastest mile) 

Stopped running about week 3. I was re-reading Steve’s articles and realised that I don’t enjoy running so why am I making myself run several times a week. I got my mile down to 10:41 in the end. 

• Stretch everyday.

Almost! Missed a few days. I'm going to focus more specific exercises in my next challenge.

• Shuttle Runs 

No. Only did these in circuit training. When I stopped going, these stopped happening.

3. Be happier

• No Soda

Started really well, got to about 20ish days and my cravings gave in. Got to keep at this one.

• Three proper meals a day...i.e no snacking

Did relatively well on this. Still some work to do though

Life Quest

• Find a job. 

interview on friday for a job!

• Finish my novel

Nowhere near! I just couldn't find the motivation to edit!

All in all, probably my most successful challenge to date. Still loads to work on but I was engaged the whole way through. It was also my first challenge where I participated in the mini challenge and really enjoyed it. I do feel stronger, and a little less out of breathe when I do run. My head still feels a little cloudy because I stalled on my No soda and knowing I will be spending at least the next 6 months in my parents home is a little annoying but one thing I am definitely happy about is my diet has not been affected too much with moving back home. 

I already know what I plan to do for my third ranger challenge. :D

• Like 2

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

Yay Gilly the Graduate!

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Congratulations!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines