• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mkdutch

[MKDutch] Stranger in a New Land

Leaving her with the dagger the elf waved Dutch a good bye and vanished into a back alley. Odd looks were cast in the Orc's direction as the sea of black clad assassins hurried on their way. Dutch's moss green attire made her stick out like the moon in the night's sky, so she ducked her head and moved down the street. A large building in the center of the city loomed ahead of her and seemed to be the best place to start. As she approached the door a man stepped from a near by shadow.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm here to ask permission to train with the assassins," Dutch stated.

"We don't get many Orcs coming to train," the man laughed. "You're at the wrong building for that though. I'll take you to the school."

"Do you take me for a fool? I may not be framil..."

"Fine, don't take my help. Don't say I didn't try," he turned to walk away and Dutch reached slowly for the door handle. Something was odd.

As her hand neared the door the faint tingle of electricity danced along her fingers. Dutch pulled back, "Hey! Where is that school again," she shouted. The door was electrified, that's what he meant. Why was the door electrified?

"Huh, you aren't as dumb as I thought. Come on."

Main Quest: Conquering My Body- Be able to hold a hand stand for at least 10 seconds, have a full side split(BL) and straddle split, fight my fear of the floor, and do a pull up.

Missions:

Weightless: Practice hand stands twice a week

Boneless: Intense stretching three times a week and light stretching the other four days

Fearless: Start taking silk lessons

Powerful: Continue body weight training

Side Missions:

Go some where or do something new

Pass A&P with an A

(Can some one tell me how to put a link in the signatures so that it says what I want it to but will take you to a web page when clicked?)

• Like 2

(Can some one tell me how to put a link in the signatures so that it says what I want it to but will take you to a web page when clicked?)

Type what you would like it to say/show. Select that text, click the hyperlink button (the links with the green plus sign). Paste the link.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Nice challenge! Yay for silks! I am planning to take a silks class in the near future. Have you taken one before?

Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes. :D I haven't taken silks, but I have taken Acrobatics. Almost half of my friends do some sort of circus based sport(?) so I know where to go. ^_^

Type what you would like it to say/show. Select that text, click the hyperlink button (the links with the green plus sign). Paste the link.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Thank you so much. I am definitely not a techie. I can act all day and talk to anyone, but ask me to do hyperlinks(which I didn't even know it was called that other wise I would have googled it) and I am at a loss. XD

Okay... so I am adding a new mini challenge to this quest. Pass my A&P class with an A. We are on cells and they overwhelm me to the point of anxiety. So I will need motivation to not panic and skip class. XD

• Like 1

Following!

So, what are your plans for pursuing the elusive pull-up?

And let me know if you have any cell biology questions--cell and molecular biology was my undergraduate major.  You've got this!

Thank you both very much! ^.^

I'll definitely come to you if I get lost, Alanna. ^.^ As for the pull up I'll start with just a hang to get used to my body weight and gradually start to pull it up. That and couple it with other upper body exercise. ^.^

I'll definitely come to you if I get lost, Alanna. ^.^ As for the pull up I'll start with just a hang to get used to my body weight and gradually start to pull it up. That and couple it with other upper body exercise. ^.^

Sounds like a good plan for the pull-ups--that's where I started a few weeks ago. I'd recommend negatives, too, as an intermediate stage once the dead hangs are comfortable.

In the meantime... *cue dramatic music and awesome cell bio animations*

• Like 1

What are Negatives?

We watched that in our class! I was on the verge of an anxiety attack when the walking protiens came on. They were so cute and look all kinds of groovy. XD

Negatives, negative pull-up

Basically, for pull-ups, it's the (relatively) easier half of the movement where you are lowering your body in a controlled fashion.

Your professor gets bonus points from me for showing that video :). And just think--there are countless groovy motor proteins walking around in your cells right now

Huh, I'll have to try those too. Thank you. ^_^

I'll let her know. We watched it three times because we were all so amazed. XD Everytime I start to panic I'll remember that. Those little guys may just save me.

• Like 1

Just for the record, silks are a serious work out and my arms are killing me! Also, I'm not very good, but I will get there and I learned that I can hang for 10 seconds underhand, and 5 seconds overhand. So, things to learn from me before doing silks: have good upper body, lower body, and core strength; and make sure you have good flexability.

• Like 1

Just for the record, silks are a serious work out and my arms are killing me! Also, I'm not very good, but I will get there and I learned that I can hang for 10 seconds underhand, and 5 seconds overhand. So, things to learn from me before doing silks: have good upper body, lower body, and core strength; and make sure you have good flexability.

My old school had a circus group, including some people who could do silks.  I was always impressed by their strength, flexibility, and apparent fearlessness. 

How's the rest of your week gone so far?

• Like 1

*************   This is a semi automatic message from your future ex robotic guild leader     ********************

Hello! I just noticed that you haven't submitted the Assassin sign-up form.

For those of you new to the guild - this form allow us to list all the members of the guild that use our sign-up sheet, it makes our work easier and allows you to be registered in the phonebook or eligible for the most wanted list! (Please note, this is not the general sign-up, this is an additional sign up for our guild only.)

If it's not done already, make sure to subscribe to the announcement thread to make sure you won't miss any events or informations.

*************   This was a semi automatic message from your future ex robotic guild leader ********************

• Like 1

My old school had a circus group, including some people who could do silks.  I was always impressed by their strength, flexibility, and apparent fearlessness. 

How's the rest of your week gone so far?

This week started off strong but I've been gloriously sick the past several days. (Of course it started at the begining of my 13 day work week...) So I have to miss Silks tonight and couldn't go to the Parkour training last night. Trying to be good. Still trying to stay active though. I skipped all together Thursday and could only muster a walk on Friday. Probably going to go for another walk before I pass out tonight.

*************   This is a semi automatic message from your future ex robotic guild leader     ********************

Hello! I just noticed that you haven't submitted the Assassin sign-up form.

For those of you new to the guild - this form allow us to list all the members of the guild that use our sign-up sheet, it makes our work easier and allows you to be registered in the phonebook or eligible for the most wanted list! (Please note, this is not the general sign-up, this is an additional sign up for our guild only.)

If it's not done already, make sure to subscribe to the announcement thread to make sure you won't miss any events or informations.

*************   This was a semi automatic message from your future ex robotic guild leader ********************

Done and done. Thanks for the heads up. ^_^

This week started off strong but I've been gloriously sick the past several days. (Of course it started at the begining of my 13 day work week...) So I have to miss Silks tonight and couldn't go to the Parkour training last night. Trying to be good. Still trying to stay active though. I skipped all together Thursday and could only muster a walk on Friday. Probably going to go for another walk before I pass out tonight.

Done and done. Thanks for the heads up. ^_^

Hope you feel better soon, and sorry you had to miss silks and parkour!  I missed a Lindy lesson myself on Thursday night thanks to exhaustion and stats homework. Rest if you need to, and take care of yourself.

I first read, "I skipped all together Thursday" as, "I skipped all of Thursday," which would have been quite an impressive work out, esp. for someone under the weather...

Hope you feel better soon, and sorry you had to miss silks and parkour!  I missed a Lindy lesson myself on Thursday night thanks to exhaustion and stats homework. Rest if you need to, and take care of yourself.

I first read, "I skipped all together Thursday" as, "I skipped all of Thursday," which would have been quite an impressive work out, esp. for someone under the weather...

Thank you, I will do my best. ^_^ There is always next time. I won't lie it is lovely to lay in bed and watch movies instead of running around all the time. I caught up on Penny Dreadful, which is a marvelous show if you get the chance to watch it. A bet gruesome though, and lots of sex (it is Showtime after all). As much as it sucks, health and school come first, and in that order.

Hmmm, I might have to try that one of these days. Skipping is always something I enjoyed. Oh! You will be happy to hear that I passed the cell quiz with a 90%. Not the hundred I would have liked, but all things considered I am rather pleased.

• Like 1

Nice job on the cell biology! 

Sometimes I switch the order of importance of health and school, myself... not the best idea, esp. in the long-run.

• Like 1

The first week's training was difficult, but fun. They trained Dutch to climb, which try as she might, she could not get the hang of. The man that led her to the training grounds watched on and gave her tips and tricks. They practiced running and she was considerably slower than the rest and faced mocking by the other students as they passed her. She kept her head high nonetheless and pushed on. The fourth day they practiced daggers and poison. She was wonderful with the dagger and proved to think faster then her peers and seemed neither good nor bad at poisons.

That evening as they all sat to dine, Dutch had found that she was beginning to make friends. The elf that had guided her there popped in to say hello and she had impressed a couple of Halflings with her dagger skills. As they laughed and carried on the Orc didn’t see the Pixie dump powder in her drink. It wasn’t a strong poison, but it was enough to have

her sick in the bed for the rest of the week. Even a simple walk left her gasping for air while her lungs refused to open.

Finally relief came as the week came to a close. She had missed out on so much in just those three days and she refused to miss anymore. Dark bruises hung heavy bellow her eyes and she still felt the thread sickness weighing her down, but she was done resting. Dutch stepped from her tent into the bustling city and made her way to the training grounds.

Main Quest:

Conquering My Body- Be able to hold a hand stand for at least 10 seconds, have a full side split(BL) and straddle split, fight my fear of the floor, and do a pull up.

Missions:

Weightless:

Practice hand stands twice a week (100% this week. Thankfully I did this in the beginning of the week… though I wanted to practice more.)

Boneless:

Intense stretching three times a week and light stretching the other four days ( 90% this week. Only one day of intense stretching, but I made sure to at least do some stretches every day.

Fearless:

Start taking silk lessons (100% Started on Saturday)

Powerful:

Continue body weight training (80% on 2 days of body weight training, would have liked to do more.)

Side Missions:

Go some where or do something new (Started Silks//Still open for more adventures though)

Pass A&P with an A (Test 1 of 2 passed with a 90%)

(+1 Dex from Hand Stand Challenge Week 1)

• Like 2

A budding aerialist? How did I miss your thread until now? :)

My grip is what gets me the most. Silks can give your hands a beating, to be sure.

(Also, that cell video is awesome.)

• Like 1

Hello fellow aerialist! (I'll have to go follow your progress!) They really are a killer, have you tried icing your hands. If they are hurting after a session put your hands in ice water. It'll help to numb them and then, if you have some one to help, they can massage them afterwards.

Missions:

Weightless:

Practice hand stands twice a week (100% this week)

Boneless:

Intense stretching three times a week and light stretching the other four days ( 100% this week, almost have my right split and left split is still lacking and same with center)

Fearless:

Start taking silk lessons (0% lack of funds until 7/19 )

Powerful:

Continue body weight training (100%)

Side Missions:

Go some where or do something new (N/A)

Pass A&P with an A (Final test this week)

(+1 STR from Hand Stand Challenge Week 2)

I'll add a story at some point soon, but as of right now I can't think very well. Day 12 of 20 consecutive work days and it is taking its toll. >.< I only make it worse for myself though by allowing my social life and exercise to continue late into the evening.

• Like 3

Looks like your second challenge is going great so far :). Make sure you get enough rest, though!

Good luck on your final exam this week!