• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ghostbird

Methods to a Ghost's Madness

Hello friends, and welcome to my new challenge thread! First and foremost, be warned, you might be overwhelmed by the amount of Awesome you read. Second, don’t be afraid to encourage Awesome in this thread!

Main Goal: 3 Dips in a row (Full Bodyweight w/ No Assistance)

I absolutely love dips! As of right now I am currently on Parallette Dips! And, hopefully by the end of the challenge, I can make my goal! ;]

Subgoal 1) Strength, Flexibility & Mobility

Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be Strength and Flexibility (Yoga, Sets, Yoga).

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday will be Mobility (Hiking and/or walking)

Subgoal 2) Fuel

This has been a slight struggle for me, so I will put this as a Subgoal as well. I’ve been eating roughly 1,600 calories daily, so I’ll be trying to boost it up to ~2,800 Calories. Or, as of recent research, I’ll try altering my Diet. I’ve been eating a balanced portion of Carbs, Proteins and Fats. I’ll eat a Balanced Diet the first Three weeks, and then an altered Diet the next Three weeks (High Protein, low carbs & fats).

Subgoal 3) Balance

I’ve been fascinated with our sense of balance since I was really small. Always watching contortionists perform, high wire walkers, etc is amazing. And, as such, I would like to join their ranks! =]

At least once a day, I will spend 30-45min balancing on one foot, stretching out, and anything else in between.

Life Goal: Writing

Just like the previous challenge, I will aim to at least sit and start writing 45min a day.

Motivation

Recently, I’ve been delving deeper into the internet and binging on youtube from CrossFit videos to street workouts, and I’ve gotta say, I actually want to join them and show what I can do! This also ties into my goal of 3 dips in a row. I’m still a lil timid and insecure about workout out in public, but I’d love to work up to it and be overall Fit! =]

Workout Roughdraft

Yoga Standing Stretches

Toe Raises (Both, Left, Right)

Squats (Woo!)

Renegade Rows

Plank Walks

Pushups

Dips

Yoga Standing Crouching/Laying Stretches

Sets of [3], [5], [10] or more

More than [5] sets levels up to Weighted Vests

SirensCeol - Method to Madness

http://youtu.be/E1qSqe-ZZkk

• Like 3

Wow.  That picture was much bigger than I thought it would be. :ghost:

Thank you, Hazard. I now feel much more insecure than before I saw that picture. :worked_till_5am:

• Like 1

I really love dips, too! 

For the balancing, I'm not sure that random one leg balances for long periods of time will help all that much.  You might have more success looking into more dynamic balances in your yoga routines.  Or, you can always get a wobble disk, rocker board, or bosu, and practice your balance that way.  My balance improved greatly from just doing one leg stands on a wobble disk for 4 sets of 30 seconds each day.

• Like 1

I really love dips, too! 

For the balancing, I'm not sure that random one leg balances for long periods of time will help all that much.  You might have more success looking into more dynamic balances in your yoga routines.  Or, you can always get a wobble disk, rocker board, or bosu, and practice your balance that way.  My balance improved greatly from just doing one leg stands on a wobble disk for 4 sets of 30 seconds each day.

I don't doubt I'll have more improvement with wobble disks, but I am quite ungraceful at the moment. So, I want to take things a lil slow and at my own pace. Last challenge I sorta went head first and bashed into the workouts, got doms for 3 days, and continued through the pain. I want to do things a little smarter this challenge. =]

I feel the need to confess... I don't like Pizza and Pasta anymore. I've been eating so healthy, all that junk finally got out of my body. I know, because when my younger brother ordered pizza, I had one slice and couldn't even finish the bloody thing. I don't like wasting food, but I couldn't eat more than 3 bites. x_x

Subgoal 1) Strength, Flexibility & Mobility

Workout Roughdraft

Yoga Standing Stretches

Toe Raises (Both, Left, Right)

Squats (Woo!)

Renegade Rows

Plank Walks

Pushups

Dips

Yoga Standing Crouching/Laying Stretches

Sets of [3], [5], [10] or more

More than [5] sets levels up to Weighted Vests

• 10 one legged squats – each side [warning super-difficult, only attempt if you in good enough shape]
  • 20 body weight squats
  • 20 walking lunges (10 each leg)
  • 20 jump step-ups (10 each leg)
  • 10 pull ups [or inverted body weight rows using your kitchen table]
  • 10 dips – bar stools
  • 10 chin ups [or inverted body weight rows with underhand grip]
  • 10 push ups
  • 30 second plank

Advanced Body Weight Workout! Woo!

I am thoroughly leaning toward the ABWW more than my custom planned workout! So, starting June 9th, we'll see  what I do! =]

Stephen Walking - Excellent Choice

http://youtu.be/EaXoZcizTYI

• Like 1

games-Skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-650136.pn

So, I've been mucking around on the internet for the last day and a half, and I've gotta say, I can't wait to get this next challenge started. That being said, I think this picture really depicts me (currently in transition, I think). x]

My sincere apologies for invading and posting multiple Game o' thrones and Skyrim memes/pics... I think I might've went a lil overboard from being overexcited. xD

• Like 3

I like your goals! They seem totally achievable, and also challenging - ESP the balancing one! I try to stand on one foot while brushing my teeth, personally.

And I'm a new assassin too, and have been totally squee-ing over the boards too. I'm just not at amazing at posting gifs.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

I like your goals! They seem totally achievable, and also challenging - ESP the balancing one! I try to stand on one foot while brushing my teeth, personally.

And I'm a new assassin too, and have been totally squee-ing over the boards too. I'm just not at amazing at posting gifs.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

I think posting images and gifs would be tolerable so long as it makes sense (even slightly) and gets a few laughs. I still think I went a lil nutty with invading Hazard's thread. x]

U p d a t e: June 8th, 2014

I am quite excited to get this challenge started! I've been dying to progress onto something more difficult, and the Advanced Body Weight Workout is screaming for my attention! I'm going to  c r u s h this challenge!

20140608_111610.jpg

20140608_103559.jpg

20140608_115335.jpg

After 3 - 1/2 hours of calculating, struggling, pounding, cursing in frustration and constant water sipping, My brother, my father and I finally finish my Inverted Body weight Row Station! Take note, we used PVC Cement on all the moveable joints!

Starting June 9th, I will be following the ABWW and taking video of my fine self using the Inv Row Station, as well as my Parallettes! Stay tuned. ;]

• Like 3

I bet you could make a couple of dip bars just like that.

Oh, you mean my Parallettes? I already made those. You'll see me use em in tomorrow's video! ;]

• Like 1

First day of the Challenge, June 9th!

Squats [X]-[X]-[X]

Lunges [X]-[X]-[X]

Inv BW Rows [iII]-[iII]-[iII]

Pushups [X]-[X]-[X]

Inv Chin Ups [iII]-[iII]-[iII]

Dips [X]-[X]-[X]

Leg Raises [X]-[X]-[X]

Flutterkicks [X]-[X]-[X]

For appealing purposes (mainly appealing to me), I will be using Roman Numerals to mark my exercises. Today's workout, being completely beast, left my on my arse not once, not twice, but all three times after each set! Not only that, I could only (barely) manage 3 repetitions of Inverted Chin Ups and BW Rows. I've added a little more to my meals, so I've got that nice bit going, too.

20140609_074041.jpg

20140609_083926.jpg

One thing I know for certain: I - W A N T - M O R E !

• Like 4

As a fellow "not keen on working out in public" rebel - rock on with the workouts!  I have an similarly creatively engineered setup hanging from the roof of my garage.  Eye bolts, reinforcing 2x4's, towing straps, and a length of pipe = variable height pullup bar.  Making it happen = most important.  Keep on wearing black and rock on!

What genre do you enjoy writing in?  I like writing everything from Lovecraftian horror to shit-wrecking omnicidal (I love how spell check hates that word) science fiction where entire solar systems go up in flames from the sun being detonated, with the black hole at the galactic core being used as a dead man switch.  'Cause that's how I roll. 

My backpack VHF/UHF (I am becoming a HAM radio nerd) setup will be using 3/4 inch PVC piping to protect the electronics, I'm going to rough it in, then cement it - any advice for cutting/cementing?

- Murphy's Roommate