• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ME

This is my second challenge.

I already started C25K the day after the last challenge ended and I'm currently on Week 2

MY MISSION

Get stronger mentally, physically and be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping. (Around 5 kilometers)

HOW DO I GET THERE?

1) Run 3 times a week; follow the C25K program. Repeating weeks does not deduct. (+5 STA)

2) Do some kind of strength workout 2 times per week. Any kind, any length. (+ 5 STR)

3) Meditate for at least 5 minutes every day (+5 WIS)

MOTIVATION

- I want to be able to run! I don't wanna be the one who's panting AND falling behind when other people run. Also I need to be able to run 3 kilometers in maximum 15 minutes by the end of the year.

- I want to be strong and look good.

- I want more mental energy; this makes me happy.

UPDATES?

I will update this thread AT LEAST 2 times per week.

Spreadsheet (more or less) daily

24-06-2014

I've removed my side goal since it was threatning my challenge.

Edited by auro
  • Like 2

DATA

Run: Total times - 18

Strength: Total times - 12

Meditate: Total times - 42

Habit 1 & Habit 2: total times - 42

PROGRESS BARS - MY MISSION

RUN 3 TIMES PER WEEK

5.55%
5.55%

DO STRENGTH TRAINING 2 TIMES PER WEEK

8.33%
8.33%

MEDITATE EVERY DAY

2.38%
2.38%

PROGRESS BARS - SIDE MISSION

HABIT 1 - COLLECT

2.38%
2.38%

HABIT 2 - PROCESS

2.38%
2.38%
Edited by auro

I love meditation missions - overcoming the paradox of there being so much benefit hidden away in doing nothing for a while every day is one of the hardest things for modern folk to do.

Great looking challenge. Simple and well thought out, but not easy... You're going to rock it!

Thanks :-) I've been thinking about it since a few days before the last challenge was over :P

I likes it - good luck in your challenge!

Thanks!

you are so going to have to teach me the art of progress bars....

Hey; It's not that hard (when you know how to do it :P)

If you look in the bar on top of where you write your reply; the bottom one with the lines on it. Go left until you see a little box with something gray in it that looks like a bar. The first empty line is the color, the second is the percentage (from 0 to 100) that the bar should be filled out :-)

I love meditation missions - overcoming the paradox of there being so much benefit hidden away in doing nothing for a while every day is one of the hardest things for modern folk to do.

Meditation is awesome! It's literally like rebooting your brain.

• Like 2

PROGRESS UPDATE

9/6

Today I've been running. See how that went here

Today I've also been doing some push-ups and pulling myself forward and backwards on the floor for no good reason. - I count that as some kind of strength training.

I've also meditated.

I've carried my notebook or phone around at all times.

I've emptied all my inboxes (snailmail, facebook, email e.t.c.) and I'v started on getting stuff done, although so much stuff has piled up that it's gonna take days to get through it - I'm doing it max 15 minutes at a time.

My running pace has become worse than the last 2 times - should I redo the week or just continue?? It felt harder than finishing week 1.

• Like 2

PROGRESS UPDATE

10/9

This day I was resting from running.

I did some different excercises from the mini-challenge; but not really sure they count for strength workout; so I'll pass on this one for this day.

I've carried notebook or phone around at all times.

Emptied all my inboxes.

Didn't exactly do much processing but I did some and I'm letting that count.

• Like 2

Your avatar makes me smile everytime I see it - thank you very much :P

I was checking out your RunDouble log.  What does Stages WU, 1, 1R, 2, 2R..... WU/CD mean?  

• Like 1

Warning: Long post ahead

So I've been kinda stalking on NF for the past week or so - I've been going through some shit in my life personally. Not exactly in there yet, but here's an update:

Your avatar makes me smile everytime I see it - thank you very much :tongue:

I was checking out your RunDouble log.  What does Stages WU, 1, 1R, 2, 2R..... WU/CD mean?  

WU = Warm up

CD = Cool down (Typically slow walking)

1 = Walk 1

1R = Run 1 (Or maybe it's the other way around?)

WU/CD = Warm up / Cool down

Yay for google spreadsheets - now you just have to fill in the blanks!   :tongue:

Yes!

PROGRESS UPDATES

As of time of writing, spreadsheet is NOT up to date.

Neither are the progress bars up there.

11/6

No running. Meditation OK, No strength workout

12/6

Small strength workout. No running. Meditation OK.

13/6

14/6

15/6

Meditation OK.

I was doing some serious moving around in the terrain so I'm going to count this as both running and strength training.

16/6

Very sore from 15/6

17/6

Sore from 15/6

RECAP

RUNNING
I'm progressing slowly; I need to catch up on the running, my new running headset is coming today; i was actually expecting it like 2 weeks ago, but after 1 week it turned out that they didn't get anymore - they just forgot to tell me. 

It felt like a crappy chore to run when the headset kept falling out of my ears - therefore I procrastinated it.
Luckily it's probably gonna arrive today, or so said the logistics tracking and then I'll be back on the horse with that.

STRENGTH TRAINING
I did some and seem to be doing OK on this

MEDITATION
I feel like this is going great

SIDE GOAL (HABITS)
In the near future, I will change this goal, it isn't because it's not working for me but because I realized I have a much more important habit to work on.
  • Like 3

WEEK ROUNDUP

So, my week has been totally crazy. CRAZY.

I only managed to run once! 

But I managed to meditate every day. 

No strength workout at all, except the mini challenge #2, not sure if I should count that or not.

I'm hoping the coming week will be less stressful.

Quick status update; I went running not very long ago, see how that went here: http://www.rundouble.com/run/4988689692229632/kp6XswSVii?fb_source=708

Nice work on the intervals. How do you like the RunDouble app? I've been using Runtartic and its alright. Just wondering how other people like other apps.

WEEK ROUNDUP

So, my week has been totally crazy. CRAZY.

I only managed to run once! 

But I managed to meditate every day. 

No strength workout at all, except the mini challenge #2, not sure if I should count that or not.

I'm hoping the coming week will be less stressful.

Good for you on the meditation! Next week is another opportunity. Hope it calms down for you!

• Like 1

Nice work on the intervals. How do you like the RunDouble app? I've been using Runtartic and its alright. Just wondering how other people like other apps.

Good for you on the meditation! Next week is another opportunity. Hope it calms down for you!

Hey! :-)

I really like RunDouble for the fact that it gives me updates on pace, distance e.t.c. in intervals I can define. It speaks.

And it lets me play my own music while I run.

Plus I can look up how I did and see comparisons to earlier runs

Yeah I hope it calms down too; nothing really looks like it though :(

• Like 1

Today I've done strength training (I'm trying out angry birds because it sounded simple), and I am in need of some advice

I actually though my squatting was OK, but it turns out I'm awful.

Someone spotted for me and I realized hay - I can't squat properly! I'm awful!

When I tried, my main problem was falling over (like if my muscles couldn't hold me up)

What exercises can help me get stronger legs so I can eventually start squatting?

Oh and I also meditated :-)

• Like 2

I started out doing squats using a chair to assist me. I faced the back of the chair and squatted only as far as I could with good form. I used a chair behind me as well to use as a target, just touching my behind to it and coming back up. As I got where I could go deeper, I moved to using a pole or one side of a door frame.  That let me go much deeper. I also did some extended squatting, where I would go into a deep squat and stay there for up to five minutes at a time. When you are first doing that though, you'll want to have a pole or chair to help you get up out of the squat. Easy to get down, hard to get back up!

It is best if you can practice near a mirror to check your form. Watch your alignments. I knew enough not to let my knees go past my toes or let my knees collapse inward, but I had real trouble not letting my ankles turn in or tuck my butt. Check out Kelley Starett's site - loads of good mobility stuff of all kinds.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like 1

I started out doing squats using a chair to assist me. I faced the back of the chair and squatted only as far as I could with good form. I used a chair behind me as well to use as a target, just touching my behind to it and coming back up. As I got where I could go deeper, I moved to using a pole or one side of a door frame.  That let me go much deeper. I also did some extended squatting, where I would go into a deep squat and stay there for up to five minutes at a time. When you are first doing that though, you'll want to have a pole or chair to help you get up out of the squat. Easy to get down, hard to get back up!

It is best if you can practice near a mirror to check your form. Watch your alignments. I knew enough not to let my knees go past my toes or let my knees collapse inward, but I had real trouble not letting my ankles turn in or tuck my butt. Check out Kelley Starett's site - loads of good mobility stuff of all kinds.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

This, and take a video of yourself. That way you can see where you need to improve. Don't be too discouraged most of us beginners have gone through the same thing. 

• Like 1

What exercises can help me get stronger legs so I can eventually start squatting?

Box squats.

• Like 1