*Obligatory Disney Theme*

tumblr_muxqqbz7GX1sl9lkao1_400.gif

I'm PrincessHeather, and I am a bad nerd.... or at least I have been since about January, or possibly as far back as October. I moved up to Alaska about 8 months ago, and since then I have been preoccupied with things like: searching for a new job, starting a new job, setting up our new home, completing final year of graduate school including a research project, and being maid of honor in a wedding back home in California.

A little more background, particularly of things I've been wrestling through in my head for a while now. I have been underweight, and I'm currently "overweight" (according to BMI anyway). I've had some disordered eating patterns and very critical opinions of my body. But something I've been trying to get through my head for the past year or so, is that I am awesome anyway. I've become so much stronger phsycially and mentally, and whether I'm fit/lean/skinny/fat/purple, I am a "real woman" and I matter.

I was distinctly pleased to read this in my inbox this morning (from Summer Innaman): Treat her with love, respect and never feel the need to justify or change your ways to please anyone else. You are extraordinary. Believe that and any changes you want will flow easily. And if you decide not to do that, you are still a Real Woman.

So, that's enough of a rant about body image and all that. But its important because being in a good place mentally always really influences how well I treat myself. And treating myself well, combined with being free of my old stressful job and free from the stress of grad school, is going to help me prepare for my next big life goal. Oh and hey, I'm going to start actually grading and awarding points again :)

GOAL #1: Improve Overall Fitness (Strenght +2, Stamina +2, Dexterity +1)

So like, I mentioned, BMI thinks I weigh too much. However, I'm trying really hard not to let that get me down, and remember that is doesn't take into account all of my muscle and its just another number. BMI can kiss my (modest) squat booty!!

giphy.gif

However, I do get more winded than I would like while hiking and bicycling, and I lost a lot of strength and endurance during the last crazy semester. But I now have more time and renewed dedication, so my goals are to simply get into a lifting routine and do SOMETHING every day, whether its hiking, yoga, zumba, or yard work. I've been doing this the past two weeks, so I just want to seal in those habits over the course of this challenge.

• Lift Twice Weekly
  • Be Active Everday

giphy.gif

GOAL #2: Heal My Hormones (Constitution +5)

giphy.gif

My next big life milestone is to have a kid. It's always been in our plans to have kids after finishing school, and we're in a good financial setup to do so as well. We've enjoyed 5 years of marriage, being just us and travelling a ton, and we feel ready to take on baby making and raising! BUT, I've had hormone issues for a long long time, and while I've started to see some improvements just over the past 2 months as I changed to a less stressful job and finished school, I want to be doing everything I can to be prepping my hormones and body for a new adventure.

• Schedule a Dr appointment for full blood panel to get current vitamin/mineral/etc levels
  • Sleep at least 8 hours a night
  • Limit caffiene
  • Eat Paleo (PrincessHeather Style)
  • Track hormone symptoms

giphy.gif

GOAL #3: Enjoy My Freedom (Wisdom +3, )

tumblr_mzoigdAu0h1sjyt65o2_500.gif

I'm free! I finished school and my job doesn't destroy me every day, so I need to be enjoying my extra time and doing things I love.

• Plant my veggie garden (Bonus: build greenhouse structure for fall use)
  • Finish 4 halfway-read books

giphy.gif

TL;DR

I'm free from the strings of grad school and crappy job! I love me, and I'm awesome!

Goals:

• Fitness: Lift 2x/week, be active everyday
  • Hormone Health: Sleep, Eat Well
  • Enjoy Life: Plant a garden, read some books

giphy.gif

Starting Stats

Weight: 143

Neck: 13 in

Natural Waist: 30

Hips (at hip bones): 38

Hips/Glutes: 41

Thighs (each): 23.5

Calf: 14

Bicep: 10.5

I don't put too much stock into BMI.  When I weighed what BMI told me I should, I was scrawny and weak.  Eff that. :)

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Waiting for more Alaska pictures.  Course you'll see LuLu all the time since you are in the same state now.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

BMI is bunk.

You are AMAZING.

Disney challenges make me so happy.

Go PH!!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Agreed with everyone else loving you so you may as well get on the bandwagon. We're a fun crowd! :)

How are you approaching reducing caffeine?? Less and less each day? I've tried twice to go cold turkey on the weekend (when I could allegedly sleep it off). Fail both times. So now I'm trying the "less and less" approach. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Oh yes! The caffeine. I forgot to comment on that, too.

The less and less approach really worked for me.  I drink coffee sometimes now but even if I drink it every day for a week I don't need it anymore (so it's easy to have a day where I just don't drink it).  tea was very helpful for me in that process.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Intellectually, I don't put much stock whatsoever in BMI numbers. But its easy to say in the abstract "Oh, pro athletes are considered obese, LOL" but a bit harder to see that I'm not average. Bah humbug, emotions. 

tumblr_inline_n4xbbivV0P1rqensd.gif

As for caffiene... its more of a slow curbing of using coffee as a fall back when I'm not sleeping enough. I really love coffee as a beverage, but I get into bad habits with it on vacation and when I'm out of my routine. On vacation a few weeks ago, I was back to drinking it at all hours of the day. Right now, I'm back down to one cup in the mornings, but next time I buy it I'm going to try decaf and then eventually only every other day and so on. 

WORKOUT 6/4/14

Warmup: 10 minutes on rowing machine

Ring inverted rows 3x10xBW

Ring dips w/band 3x10xBW

Squats 5x10x45

TGUs 3x15 (each side)

Butterfly Situps 3x10

BONUS: 20 minute bike ride

• Like 1

Waiting for more Alaska pictures.  Course you'll see LuLu all the time since you are in the same state now.

Ask and you shall receive!!! Here's some pics from my spring and early summer adventures :D

Snowy Hike, we had to slide on the snow to get back down!

20140429_204702_zpsix6rnszy.jpg

20140429_204912_zpso6qz6gkb.jpg

Hatchers Pass

20140520_202529_zpsiyvordpj.jpg

Hiking and Playing Around Eagle River

20140602_200627_zpsjpayn7vx.jpg

20140602_195853_zpss6bgkqda.jpg

20140602_201802_zps7t8ddnes.jpg

20140602_202956_zpseemiypab.jpg

giphy.gif

True that, homie.

LOVE those pics! But damn, cold feet in that first one? 

Hiking, geenhouses, and gardening, oh my!   I want to come live with you...  

I'm trying to be a better nerd too, I may not have time to connect with lots of new people, but I'm never too busy to keep up with my friends. 

Onward to better nerd-dom!   

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

LOVE those pics! But damn, cold feet in that first one? 

Feet weren't too cold until we got down out of the snow to the muddy run off.... that was far more wet, and so the cold more problematic. The worst part actually was not having long pants, since the top of the snow was crusty and we were breaking through it with each step (whenever we weren't just sliding down). I now have proper shoes, and I make sure to wear pants regardless of conditions :D

Both my brothers are here visiting, so I took today off work and we are going white water rafting! Hopefully I'll get some pictures at least of me in the gear, since I can't exactly get take my phone down the river!

Sigh, it's day two of rain up here, which is such a bummer since I'm hesitant to go hiking the steep trails and slipping and breaking something... So the plan now is to go lift after work instead.

Thanks for sharing those beautiful hiking pictures! Imma go on a hike tomorrow now.

Powerlifter, Strongwoman, Pharmacist, Earth bender, Mom, Iowan, Pianist, Gloomhavener, Madeira enthusiast, Apex Legend, Flexitarian, Combat veteran, Occasional Twitter troll, Watches too many reality cooking shows

Solid goals, and love the pics!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

Oh yeah, so I went white water rafting last Friday. So much freaking fun! It was mostly class III's which isn't super impressive, but it was a nice intro to something I'll definitely do a few times each summer from now on. It's a little pricey but I think eventually I might just rent a a couple kayaks and fore go the guide. Here's pics, I'm the middle one in yellow :)

IMG_3312_zps5ccc3a63.jpg

IMG_3313_zpsedb1800b.jpg

• Like 1

Was it COLD?  What's the temperature like now??? 

Personal Stats: (
About Me)
Start Weight: 279.6    Current Weight: 270.1    Goal Weight: 220.0

Challenge History: Lvl 1 Rebel, PvP, Lvl 2 Warrior, Lvl 3 Warrior

Yes, the water was VERY cold. It's a glacier fed river, so its probably like lower 40s? The outside temp that day was around 60ish, but it was a little overcast and windy so it felt colder.

Haven't gotten out to the gym this week for lifting (fail) but I did wake up two days in a row now and do a brief jog on my treadmill, and yesterday afternoon I rode bikes with the hubby. So I'm staying active, but not really hitting my goals of lifting. Arg.

Food has been fairly good, last night we had some eggplant lasagna. Super delicious!

And I just had to share this:

dieting_pie_chart.png

• Like 1

LMAO.  The Oatmeal knows all.  So damn true.

Good job staying active!  Now get those lifts in :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines